Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes Getting Removed

milanster101

Hello fello warframes I would like to discuss the matter of a rumor I heard on region chat that mag prime is getting removed. I joined into the conversation and asked if anyone in the region chat knew for sure she was getting removed and some people seemed pretty sure but there was no solid evidence for me. A little into the conversation someone mentioned that frost prime is already unobtainable, I have yet to see if this is true but the reason for this post is... why why are the warframe development removing content that people loved I dont understand it. Because if nothing is wrong with the warframe and people like it then why remove it. I understand why excal prime was removed... or I guess I sort of understand was it to make the people that bought him feel diffrent and special? anyway back to the topic why is mag prime getting removed and why(if he was)did frost prime get removed when both warframes function fully and people still use them it saddens me to see things getting removed or put on limited time I understand why but surely the development team of warframe treasures all their players and wants them to get in on all the exclusives and perks of the game to experience it fully. so far im warframe ive made it made personal mission to try out as much of the lovely content (warframes and weapons ect.)before it dissapears or gets removed.

All opinions on the matter are welcome (harsh or not because I do belive in constructive criticism)

THX FOR READING

POST BY MILANSTER101

im following this topic to reply to comments

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/482945-last-chance-for-mag-prime-parts-in-the-void/?p=5387211#entry5387211

The link to that is on the little news console in the Liset. "Last Chance For Mag Prime Parts in the Void Ends in 6d".

Not sure how much more solid you could need your evidence to be.

Frost Prime etc. were removed when Volt was added, Mag Prime etc. are going when Ash is added.

It's because people were complaining about the drop tables getting too diluted I think.

It's only temporary, DE say they're going to make some big changes to how the Void works and then they'll be back.

Edited by Azure.M

Yes, it's true that Mag Prime is removed from drop table in favor of the next Prime to reduce its dillution. It's not a matter of Mag Prime is useless or scrapped or anything like that (which is far from that), it's just Mag Prime is the second non-Founder Prime after Frost Prime, and to make way for the new Prime they simply removed the oldest one.

And for the love of god, please use proper word formatting for further topics. It's hard to see what you're conveying with that wall of text.

53529697.jpg

There is no truth to these rumors of mag prime, boar prime, and dakra prime being removed.  They will absolutely not be removed from the void drop tables on July 7th.  This is ridiculous.

There is no truth to the rumors that frost prime, latron prime, and reaper prime have been removed.  They have absolutely not been removed on March 24th.  We are farming them right now.  Yes.  They are absolutely still in the void.

DE_Sheldon knows exactly what he is doing and has never cheated.  This will absolutely not be more drop table dilution.  The talk of drop table dilution is absolutely false.  There is not too much forma and trash drops in the drop tables. This is nonsense.  Nobody is complaining of such things.  We are farming and never seeing such things.

The drop tables are perfect and well thought out.  All the drop tables are balanced and no problems.  Nobody has anything bad to say about this.  There are no complaints.  DE_Sheldon has never cheated and plays Warframe all the time.  He understands the game perfectly and farms to understand all perfect changes to drop tables.

Edited by DeMeritus

DE is thinning out the Drop tables to help with drop table dilution. These frames and weapons will be reintroduced at a later time. 

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

rofling.gif

"Thinning drop tables", just like T4 and sabotages thinned it instead of filling new droptables with old junk that is now getting removed and won't directly be replaced with new junk.

There's like 250 nodes that could use some good rewards, Derelict yields like 5 prime parts in all gamemodes out there, they claim that they don't want Void to be the end destination for all players, yet they insist on putting all the good stuff there.

There's like 46 reward pools in all Void+Derelict gamemodes combined and we are at about 150 Prime parts overall.

And instead, T4D reward pools look like this.

iJo4D.png

Edited by Mofixil

If they made Prime parts easily available, then how would DE make money?

How would they get the budget to pay their workers a salary and develop the game so fans can play it?

Edited by Coryphaus

If they made Prime parts easily available, then how would DE make money?

How would they get the budget to pay their workers a salary and develop the game so fans can play it?

There's this thin border between "once again, I will get it this time" and "F*** this S#&$ I'm out". DE usually treads in the latter one.

There's this thin border between "once again, I will get it this time" and "F*** this S#&$ I'm out". DE usually treads in the latter one.

Is that true?

Unless we see players actually behaving contrary to what they are doing, this will not be true.

Another victory for DE_Sheldon, the dev in charge of the drop tables!

I'll now claim that I'd do many bad things to that guy if I ever met him in person but I won't specify what (because forum rules) and there's no way I'll even get close to doing so because I'm a basement dwelling fegget with no life and even less muscle and balls.

Sheldon, for the love of god...

They are out of drop spots in the void and refuse to rethink how to handle it. (like selling the BPs in the market, adding some of the items to the less played nodes on the outer planets, etc.)

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

-snip-

"Thinning drop tables", just like T4 and sabotages thinned it instead of filling new droptables with old junk that is now getting removed and won't directly be replaced with new junk.

There's like 250 nodes that could use some good rewards, Derelict yields like 5 prime parts in all gamemodes out there, they claim that they don't want Void to be the end destination for all players, yet they insist on putting all the good stuff there.

There's like 46 reward pools in all Void+Derelict gamemodes combined and we are at about 150 Prime parts overall.

And instead, T4D reward pools look like this.

-snip-

The Void drop tables are part of a larger issue that they need to go in and take the time to deal with. Time which they don't currently have. They've pretty much planned to rework drop tables for Void/Derelict in the future but they have bigger priorities to deal with currently like every rework coming with 17-17.5.

Pulling out oldest sets as they add the new ones in is simply a band-aid fix to the issue. It's not the best fix, yes, but it is still a fix nonetheless and is the fastest and easiest fix to make.

Also the whole thing really is a non-issue. You had time to farm these prior to their removal and we knew that the Mag set would be next. Yes it sucks if you can't get the parts for whatever reason but the whole thing is still temporary regardless.

And again, yes, there are better short-term solutions than this but it is still just a temporary band-aid to help deal with the issue while they don't have the time/manpower to deal with the underlying issue.

I'll now claim that I'd do many bad things to that guy if I ever met him in person but I won't specify what (because forum rules) and there's no way I'll even get close to doing so because I'm a basement dwelling fegget with no life and even less muscle and balls.

:o

:(

If this were about drop table dilution, they would have introduced T1-T3 Interception, or taken keys out of the void, etc.

We all know removed items skyrocket in price, meaning more people buy platinum to afford those "vaulted" items.

This is about money, not dilution. Really, really do not like Sheldon's track record.

Honestly, do those vaulted items even add much to the game? They're not statistically better. They don't do something another weapon couldn't do better.

They look aesthetically different, that's all.

People who are complaining essentially just feel entitled to having it be more common, so they can buy them at ridiculous prices like 12 platinum for the whole set instead of the prices DE is asking for so that Warframe can continue to be developed.

Check out the dev streams, he's indeed the dev in charge of the drop tables.  A lot of people who have been playing the game for a long time, Founders included find him to be rather imcompetent at what he's been doing as far as the drop tables goes.

WarFrame has been getting an infamous reputation for requiring excessive amounts of grind, up to Korean MMO levels, and people are repeatedly laying the blame at his feet, given that he is the one that's being pointed to by the other devs as the person who is in charge of the drop tables.

I know a few dozen people who don't play WF anymore due to the insane rarity of various drops, as they got tired of the grind.  And given the observed behavior on the livestreams where he repeatedly demonstrated attention seeking and trollish behavior at making things needlessly annoying and difficult for the community that pays his salary, there's a lot of us that shake our heads and close our wallets when Warframe is concerned.

It's too much frustration, not enough reward.  Just check the forums, and you'll see plenty of threads complaining about the screwed RNG and drop tables.

For my part, I've stopped bringing new players to WF, and won't expose anyone else to this until things get better.