Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Music Can Make A World Of Difference

Vaxillian

So lately I have been listening to a lot of music mostly Ronald Jenkees music on Spotify. Every now and then a song comes on that is literally just calm enviroment based music such as this: 

This got me thinking, what if we had something like this on the Liset as just the idle music, almost a Destiny kind of feel to it. Now imagine if every main outpost, hub, liset, etc. had it's own music. Just to clarify I don't mean each hub and liset having different music but instead having seperate music between different enviroments. Can you imagine looking at saturns beautiful rings and hearing that music:

1TRnBGv.jpg

This is just my opinion, but that doesn't defer from it being a neat idea. Even a space ninja that's practically comitting genocide needs some calm music every now and then.

There are moments when that would be pretty magical, but when I'm sitting around, lurking in Trade chat and Recruiting chat for uncomfortably long periods of time, it would get annoying after a while, imo.

There is a slider for music in warframe, or you are welcome to bring your own music. The idea is to bring more into warframe, especially since we only have like 3-5 songs.

correction - Music used when appropriately makes a big difference and is awesome.

"music all of the time because we think that if there isn't constant sound that something is wrong" is not.

Sound is supposed to be used when it's appropriate, when you have a reason to. sound should not be used just to have it.

with that in mind, carry on.

There are moments when that would be pretty magical, but when I'm sitting around, lurking in Trade chat and Recruiting chat for uncomfortably long periods of time, it would get annoying after a while, imo.

Imagine when you open trade chat, torturous music plays.

There are snippets of music that play in the Relays from time to time (these are more atmospheric in nature), but the potential to add longer pieces and pieces to the Liset is a definite possibility in the future.

Awesome, I know the idea of space exploration-y music isn't really the style fo warframe but I honestly think that it would be a nice addition.

How about a physical market added to the Relays? Same as the regular market but it's a full environment.

Obligatory assumption of fitting music:

---

Moving on to the serious bit, I would not mind the Dojo receives even more ambient tracks depending on the garden you're in, but that's not really a priority I assume. Given the ambient theme of the dojo is extremely dynamic, it may receive not receive changes anytime soon.

Edited by LazerSkink

How about a physical market added to the Relays? Same as the regular market but it's a full environment.

Obligatory assumption of fitting music:

---

Moving on to the serious bit, I would not mind the Dojo receives even more ambient trakcs depending on the garden you're in, but that's not really a priority I assume. Given the ambient theme of the dojo is extremely dynamic, it may receive not receive changes anytime soon.

Thank you so much!!! I've had this stuck in my head for months and couldn't remember where it came from!!! :):):):):)

Music is a quite unique thing. I very much like how music was handled in Minecraft. At the start there is no music at all but then after some time a music chimes in. 

I'd love to see similar thing in Liset. It is silent at the start but them if you are still in Liset after X amount of time a music would slowly chime in, play for a 2-3 minutes and then fade out until next time.

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

But when I'm sitting around, lurking in Trade chat and Recruiting chat for uncomfortably long periods of time, it would get annoying after a while, imo.

Then let's have the music play from the Liset radio segment? Add ability to change the music theme from (eg.) sci-fi ambient to synth or other chill-ish stuff. You could also turn it off :)

Yeah, I'm all for it, +1, it would be pleasant to listen to something like what OP posted <3

correction - Music used when appropriately makes a big difference and is awesome.

"music all of the time because we think that if there isn't constant sound that something is wrong" is not.

Sound is supposed to be used when it's appropriate, when you have a reason to. sound should not be used just to have it.

with that in mind, carry on.

what about a separate music slider for environment music,  like orid has his own slider separate to the transmission volume 

what about a separate music slider for environment music

being able to turn it off is good if you don't like it at all, but ideally it would be triggered to be used at good times where it feels appropriate and therefore adds to the ambiance of the scene, rather than just 'have it for the sake of having it'.

as similarly, if one doesn't care about ambiance, they could play their own whatever on top of Warframe.