Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U17 Hype Threadnaught [Queue The Mariachi Band Edition]

Letter13

They are focusing FAR too much on parkour, I am not even that excited for it, they didnt even decrease amount of buttons will be pressing in new parkour system, wall hoping is even worse then previous wallruning, at least previously I could focus on shoting enemies instead on pressing space to keep hoping....

what I was excited for was sharkwing, but seeing that they are ignoring it in the hype site for more parkour implies this update is all about parkour and everything else is on the sides :(

If so, i will be very disappointed, though, thats what its looking like as of now

Inb4 U17 is only parkour 2.0 and capes.

If that's all there is that is a major update itself. Its going to take everyone a month or more to master the changes for MAXIMUM SPEED. Its by far the most major overhaul this game has seen since "soft-launch". The number of map tiles that will change pathing through is enormous. Just take a few minutes and go STAND around some of the title sections and just LOOK. Then apply what we know about Parkour 2.0 to moving through them.

This has been needed since the start of the game, all the way back to the later days of Closed Beta.

Day 5: Bunny hopping. or Ziplining -.-

Really they can showcase Frost being awesome with a new skin (which hopefully there is)

They can show a (new?)shotgun blowing back an enemy to signify the rework

They can show sharkwing with the new weapons

They can show Regor

They can show the new dog

They can show the new mods

But emphasizing the new parkour seems to be all that matters.............sigh.

Edit: maybe the new gun will be a massive shotgun.... but still. they could have shown it with any number of the above combos

Edited by Lone.Hunter.99

They are focusing FAR too much on parkour, I am not even that excited for it, they didnt even decrease amount of buttons will be pressing in new parkour system, wall hoping is even worse then previous wallruning, at least previously I could focus on shoting enemies instead on pressing space to keep hoping....

what I was excited for was sharkwing, but seeing that they are ignoring it in the hype site for more parkour implies this update is all about parkour and everything else is on the sides :(

You didn't see the latest devstream did you?

To complain about the hypesite is very petty considering we already know what the update will entail.

Parkour 2.0 Which is THE most redefining feature of the game

New Warframe/quest

New weapons

Underwater tileset/Boss

Shotgun buffs

Frost rework

At this point saying the site shows more parkour makes sense because it will change the game for ever and they must make it look good.

Oh boy a new gun...

Maybe we'll get 3 more pages all about that.

Sorry to bust your bubble, not gonna happen else we would have to wait 3 more days for U17.

Now, lets go back to watch the images of parkour 2.0 in the Underwater Title-Set.

Yeah, never mind the new gun Equinox is holding. Nothing to see there.

Doesn't really excuse how large this focus is on parkour, they should really be emphasizing all new content coming with u17 not several variations of one with some slight spoilers on the rest. 

please keep the negativeness to yourself we don't need it here!

73ce2c1d.200x.gif

welcome U 17 (hopefully tomorrow, everything else starts getting worse after nearly 8 month and no changes)

if we get new planets / systems, environment im shure i hype again after more then a year of playing and all primepacks and more of more ^^)

i for shure welcome the new things in U 17 when i was able to expirience them ... and then i will share again what i feel

best wishes (^^

Doesn't really excuse how large this focus is on parkour

Parkour is getting it's own tutorial that all players must play through. They repeatedly said i parkour will make warframe feel like a new game. If they only gave parkour 2.0 only 1 day it would underplay how important it is.

welcome U 17 (hopefully tomorrow, everything else starts getting worse after nearly 8 month and no changes)

if we get new planets / systems, environment im shure i hype again after more then a year of playing and all primepacks and more of more ^^)

i for shure welcome the new things in U 17 when i was able to expirience them ... and then i will share again what i feel

best wishes (^^

u17 WILL NOT come tomorrow. It may not even come wednesday, delays can happen you know.

You didn't see the latest devstream did you?

To complain about the hypesite is very petty considering we already know what the update will entail.

Parkour 2.0 Which is THE most redefining feature of the game

New Warframe/quest

New weapons

Underwater tileset/Boss

Shotgun buffs

Frost rework

At this point saying the site shows more parkour makes sense because it will change the game for ever and they must make it look good.

The hype site isn't meant for the people who've watched all the dev streams and every single vine of the new parkour system. Its meant to inform people of what is coming, and parkour 2.0 has A LOT coming.

^^^^this

hype site is supposed to show all things coming with new update to people who didnt watch devstreams, so I wonder how they are going to show sharkwing, kubrow, tyl regor boss fight(he has a LOT of fans in the community XD) and other things that people were waiting for, on hype site before update...

U16 hype site was much more balanced, they given spot light to many things even though simmaris was focus of update.

Edited by Culaio

It would be better for them to show the biggest changes on the hype site first. It would help minimize the amount of whining about movement changes/coptering death. Some of the other stuff will obviously be included in the patch notes like with previous updates.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Parkour is getting it's own tutorial that all players must play through. They repeatedly said i parkour will make warframe feel like a new game. If they only gave parkour 2.0 only 1 day it would underplay how important it is.

Everyone already knows how big parkour 2.0 is however, we've been showed it numerous times and been told how great it will be for well over a month now with lots of previews and a trailer, it has already been the poster boy of the coming update. DE doesn't need to give it even more limelight, it already has it, so making it the central point of every page of the tease site is pointless. If anything getting repetitive exposure to just the parkour revamp lessens it's hype, if you are told every day for a week straight x is coming then you grow far less interested as to if you were told one day x will be in it, then y the next, and i the day after that. The tease site is supposed to build interest for the update no dull it.