Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Ordis Have A 'off Button' In The Liset?

(PSN)ELECTROxShOcKZz

Ok, I know that ordis is the ships cephalon but does he really need to constantly pop up and more recently glitch and be mid way through a sentence and then restart the whole sentence (I find that really annoying) I have heard one of the warframe youtubers (Original Wicked Fun a.k.a Jecht) Say that the button across from the turn of the radio button in the ship should be a turn off Ordis button.

I personally dont care for his comments as he pops up and gets in the way of something that Im trying to look at and then glitches like I have meantioned above. I know some of you may not agree as some people worship the broken cephalon like hes holy but Im just saying I wish there was a off button for those who find Ordis quite annoying and Im one of them people. 

I mean no disrespect to the cephalon as hes very loyal to the Tenno which is shown in 'The New Strange' quest when he turns down Simaris who offers to fix Ordis as long as he ditches his Tenno but even then Ordis is like nope. This isnt like my other recent thread, where I wish to replace the lotus. Im saying we keep Ordis but for some players they find him to be pain in the butt so we can add a button to mute the cephalon and/or a less often pop up time for him.

Feel free to leave opinions to this below as im curious to see what the rest of the community thinks.

-Electro-

Hmmmm, I am not bothered by it..... More like my brain automatically blocked him out. Maybe give him a few new jokes? It would be cool if DE decide to install a music player in the ship that let us play music from our computer(Ps4/xbox).

Edited by ZiLei

Hmmmm, I am not bothered by it..... More like my brain automatically blocked him out. Maybe give him a few new jokes? It would be cool if DE decide to install a music player in the ship that let us play music from our computer(Ps4/xbox).

Yeeah. I'ma be a super hip Tenno and listen to 1960s Coltrane while modding my various implements of destruction.

"Operator, what is this cacophonous, self-indulgent bulls..." *hits Ordis power switch*

Edited by Dualice

Hmmmm, I am not bothered by it..... More like my brain automatically blocked him out. Maybe give him a few new jokes? It would be cool if DE decide to install a music player in the ship that let us play music from our computer.

Yeah a few new jokes would be nice instead of constantly hearing "Operator were you visualising a bloody battle...... Me tooo." and I agree adding a music player could be nice after a stressful mission to take break and to get ready for the next missions

I've turned him off completely.

And he's being moved to the upper-right of the screen in u17 so...

They should have put him in the radio cubby instead of giving him an on screen presence.  That way you can mute him and not have his profile box blocking anything on the screen.

I same just add some lines that players would WANT to hear and make him pop-up less. I personally don't have a problem weith him but for some reason a lot of people are so upset.

I find Ordis to be annoying at moments but sometimes his little quotes about my colour choices are quite pleasing to hear.

Ordis should have a Off Button in my opinion but maybe if new jokes were added in maybe a line about new invasions would be nice instead of the lotus, Ordis can do it every once in a while and crack a pun about it.

To answer the title, no, but I wish we could have some ordis alternatives.

Also, you can mute him.

And imo, muting him should make the messages not pop up either.

I think making that panel a "turn off ordis" button would be a massive waste of space when muting him could just double as an off button.

Also, we'll probably get something much better there at some point.

lines being repeated will be fixed on Consoles in the near future, it's been fixed on PC already.

i wouldn't really be against being able to turn off Ordis i guess. across from the Radio Scanner is a decent place for it, yes.

Lol the Spotify app for PS4 pretty much does that already.

note that Spotify is only available in some First World Countries.

so availability isn't guaranteed.

(besides, if someone has their own music they would like to listen to, that isn't unreasonable)

see this illustration to show what countries it's available in as of Q4 2014.

3z47gFA.png

Muting him makes quests and some dialogue weird, we just need a plain and simple off button for his random chatter.

Agreed. If only the random chatter would be turn-offable that would be enough. It also wouldn't hurt if we had different Cephalon choices though.

To answer the title, no, but I wish we could have some ordis alternatives.

Also, you can mute him.

And imo, muting him should make the messages not pop up either.

I think making that panel a "turn off ordis" button would be a massive waste of space when muting him could just double as an off button.

Also, we'll probably get something much better there at some point.

1. I wish for some of Titanfall's OS voices to be in Warframe. they are epic.

2&3&4 yes we know, and no, he still pops up and obstructs certain UI elements sometimes.

5. *prays to Booben*

Well, obviously it would be nice for some people.  But I think the design principle of Ordis is sound, he's immersive and fun.

HE JUST TALKS TOO FREQUENTLY.  Just tone down the frequency of his commentary, then I think everyone will be happy, as then he will be the occasional little surprising amusement, and a sense of presence on the ship with you - not an annoyance that one feels one needs to turn off.

Edited by Omnimorph

I think the biggest thing for me is that I'm tired of hearing the same jokes. If there was some sort of increase in the delay between hearing the same transmission again, he'd be much less annoying.

So after hearing the "really suits you" line once, it couldn't pop up again until after at least 5 missions, and then after 10 missions, and then 20 and then 50, or something like that.

I don't think DE understand just how many new players get completely put off by Ordis.

He sounds, lets say this as politically as correct as I can, just so pathetically WIMPY.
He sounds like he should be eating tea and crumpets at an English tea party not running a Ninja Assassins stealth craft.

This game has incredible atmosphere, but that's ruined in the instant Ordis cracks one his lame, unfunny, squeaky voiced 'jokes'

If DE really wants to keep him, then please give us Ordis VOICE PACKS in the market.
An evil robotic 'Cylon' sounding voice I can handle!

I've long since turned his volume to zero in options, but I think we could all do with another option...

Edited by ASH_PRIME