Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Psa: Covert Lethality + Exalted Blade Changes

[DE]Megan

I loved using Justice Blades on Excalibur but honestly, this makes sense. Fortunately it doesn't affect the main benefit of the Dual Cleavers - Berserker and Crit building will still be a solid strategy.

Honestly this does free up the types of weapons I can use with Excalibur, so I'm not as disappointed as I could be.

Why not just negate its interaction with EB? Wouldn't that solve the brokeness problem? That way it wouldn't be able to affect swaths of enemies which is were the real issue lies.

SERIOUSLY...this is a single instance issue. a couple lines of code at most. All that needs to be done is to ADDRESS THE SPECIFIC PROBLEM

there is no need to compromise the entire ability because of a choice that the devs made that that the players never even asked for. I mean Cover leathality is great im happy for dagger users, however thats there thing this has nothing to do with Exalted blade-Excalibur users, we are being punished for something the devs did that effects a completely different sphere of players. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Oh, I missed the last part, the one you nerf EB like ... A LOT. Thank you. Again. For making me lose time, plat, resources, and thinking I could have fun with something that is not: NEED MESA + TRIN + FROST

Mesa is just about the only thing in this game that's out of control. Her ult is just. Yeah.

Honestly if a broken/Op mod combination is what keeps you playing this game then maybe you should leave, cause having something as broken as that combo shouldn't be something people strive for.

This.

I'm baffled by all the whining because syndicate procs won't work with his ultimate. I get the fact that it was a nice bonus but i was still wrecking face for 60mins in T3S without the need of a syndicate mod.

Agreed, seeing Excalibur basically prance around T3/4 on enemies 60min in without a care in the world while using the syndicate mod+exalted blade doesn't make sense and probably shouldn't be a thing.

Edited by Bestfly

Well, thanks for another nerf. Every damn time you guys put something fun in this game, you just proceed to nerf it to the ground.

Waiting for the Trin nerfs :)

Oh, and nerf Zephyr + Tonkor.

And Mag vs Corpus.

And Dread's slash damage.

So being able to kill literally anything in a single and spammable attack is "fun"? You're playing the wrong game.

Excalibur's ult was ridiculously powerful to begin with. I welcome this "nerf".

What is wrong with people like you?

E.Blade is powerful enough to kill Level 95 Corrupted Bombards in 2-4 waves when blinded. Why do you even need Convert Lethality for that?

Moreover, it was obvious that E.B and Covert Lethality was a bug. Clearly, this mod was released for the Assassin's Creed effect,if you know what I mean. Sneak behind enemies and kill in one stab.

I was using CL on my Loki, not on Exal. This nerf makes it useless for both. Ofc I agree with nerfing it for blind + eb, but not in the way they are doing it.

Yknow, Excalibur is kinda dumb now, but  I fail to see why you cannot just change covert lethality to not work on exalted blade and leave it alone.

I fail to see why excal needs all these changes on top of fixing a mod you refuse to not nerf or leave alone.

But since this will happen reguardless of what anyone says here, can you like.. make daggers good with out a bandaid mod?

More speed, a bit more damage, more crit chance and damage, a new dagger, anything at all?

Edited by Sakatchi

I cant upvote this enough. DE READ THIS. READ THIS AND UNDERSTAND THIS!

Unfortunately, I'm noticing a  bad trend. The last "reward" high mastery players got was D. Nikana. The "rewards" for players who spent tons of time in this game tend to just get nerfed. It's hard to get a hold of those mods without paying for them, so they should be allowed to be used in such fashion. Same with what Spider said about how limiting the choice of weapons is when you want to use one of those.

You see, this is why using mods to bandaid problems (such as Justice Blades, Covert Lethality and similar mods to buff subpar weapons in various) just will not work. Stop bandaiding and doing weird and random fixes and instead start BALANCING things correctly! It's the only way to go...

Lol at all of these overreactions. I never needed the syndicate mods or Covert Lethality to have a good Excal. 

Seriously.

Guys, this is a minor removal when it comes to Excal's overall strength. It will barely affect him, and if you really care about finisher damage then put on Radiant Finish and have a good time. The bigger problem is the use of daggers without Excal, and where the discussion should focus. Not this vitriolic, "DE IS REMOVING FUN" talk.

And so the inevitable chain of Exalted Blade nerfs begins.

Going to miss being able rely on Bright Purity for health instead of Life Strike. Maybe if DE actually started releasing more Syndicate weapon augments, it would be more than just "two melee weapons". Hell, they could have made the +projectile speed Kestrel augment also affect Exalted Blade projectiles.

It's quite hilarious, actually. With this change, people wanting to use Skana AND Exalted Blade will run into a problem. If they want to completely minmax Skana, they HAVE to use Bright Purity, which will waste a potential slot that could be used for more Exalted Blade damage. If they want to completely minmax Exalted Blade, they CANNOT use Bright Purity, which puts a huge handicap on the effectiveness of the Skana. Meanwhile, anyone who favors any other melee weapon besides Cleavers gets the best of both worlds. The augments are supposed to be reasons to use these weapons. You've essentially made them the exact opposite.

This is a fine example of nerfing a playstyle too much. In an attempt to eliminate the meta, you've established a new one; now instead of ONLY Skana/Cleavers, it's ANYTHING BUT Skana/Cleavers.

Wanna know what the funniest part about this is? If augments actually had their own slot, this problem could have been completely avoided.

SERIOUSLY DE. I am rarely in this school of thought. But this one is ON YOU not on the players, this is a result of poor decisions you all made that could easily be remedied in ways stated in the quoted post. If you do this its just going to bring down the quality of the game for a group of people who had to wait more than a year to use a frame and weapon that should have been viable all along. Meanwhile recruiting chat wont stop asking for mesa ect. 

It's sad that all some players can do to every single topic about "change" or "balance" is burn the work of DE to the ground with insults and bad words. They changed the dagger mod because people were using it on a energy sword with infinite range, nothing wrong, nothing special. It's just became what it mean to be from the start. 

Sometimes people must stop to thing about what will reply to these DE topics, it's a complete desrespect to all developers that no one provide a feedback in cases like this, but only complain when the thing are change to normal.

How did people not see this coming???  It's obvious something that insta kills enemies regardless of level, armor, health is going to get nerfed.  Also come on, Excal is still a beast without the syndicate proc and the touch extra damage.

Of course it was expected, but I don't see the point besides removing it from EB which was necessary. Up until 60m+ you can already one shot anything you want with a half decent weapon, it's just melees that usually can't do anything, and that was finally different for a little while.

Would it be such a crime to be able to one shot with full blown normal close up attacks that aren't finishers? I wouldn't even mind if it was normal stealth attacks but came with 200% slower attack speed or some stupid crud like that. 5 minute cooldown? Anything's better than it being stuck to finishers. Honestly though DE should just make finishers not awful, if finishers were just a slightly different quick stab in the back that didn't super lock you in place, I'd still like it. But they're not, finishers are horrible.

Edited by Haldos
Language.

I don't get all this anger honestly.

In place of Syndicate mod I'll just put an elemental one and will rely on life strike to heal Excalibur.

Sure, EB being affected by Syndicate procs was great, but the power is so powerful anyway that I don't see this as a huge nerf.

Maybe I've seen too many Excalibur nerfs so now I can deal with them a bit more and understand when a change is truly breaking this frame.

Also, I'll keep on using Skana Prime cause, why not? It's a good weapon, it's a longsword and it's still a good choice for Excalibur.

Excalibur's passive already promotes the use of certain weapon types.  Not to mention, Exalted Blade is one of the best scaling abilities in the game and is a ton of fun to use.  The fact that it works with syndicate mods is why its so brilliant, you can swap out that weapon depending on what might interest you.  I really liked the Red Veils effect, but also enjoyed New Loka's.  It allowed for Excalibur to scale really well, and be such a fun Warframe.

Reading these changes breaks my heart, because suddenly a few of my weapons now don't have much of a use.  Now, I am stuck using swords on Excalibur for the passive.  What a shame.

Covert Lethality was broken though, definitely needed some changes.

Agree 100% on your thoughts. All damage abilities experience serious damage fall-off in 40+ mins T4 Survival. Excal scaled pretty amazingly, for the reasons you said. Sigh.

Wait wait wait.

You want to make it so Excalibur users use more than just 1 or 2 weapons, but...

1.He only gets a 10% damage boost off of Nikanas, Long Swords, and Dual Blades.

2.You're HAMPERING THE USEFULNESS OF CERTAIN WEAPONS.  Now there's no point to using the Prisma Skana with EB when I could use the Dragon Nikana, or the Galatine.

3.You blame players for using certain weapons with augments, but they're using those because the augment is useful.  You're essentially punishing players just for using viable weapons.  If you want more weapon variety, then instead of focusing on Conclave, a mode which is secondary to the main game of Warframe, make more Weapon augment mods.  I'd LOVE to see an Augment for Nikanas, or an Augment for the Jat Kittag.

I'm fine with the Covert Lethality nerf, but the logic on the EB nerf is dubious at best.

So, in summary: Digital Extremes, you are making weapons less useful because you want them to use more weapons.  This train of logic makes no sense.

Edit:I do want to note, the nerf honestly doesn't affect me.  I never used the Prisma Skana anyway, and stuck with the various other weapons I used.  But DE's thought process on this is something I simply cannot understand.

Edited by UFOLoche

Awww:( I was happy with my excalibro build ,

But atleast he was fun and really useful for a bit,

Sorry excalibro... You'll be missed buddy.

He isn't dead yet though? It's minor nerf to his overall DPS with Exalted Blade, but he's still going to be as strong as ever. Just not AS strong.