Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Most Difficult Warframe Math You've Done?

(PSN)theelix

I had to learn how to calculate bra sizes. That's pretty extreme.

c3f.png

I should probably add Equinox at some point. I've been too lazy recently.

How did your math make you believe that: Limbo has a bigger bust then Saryn? Ember is the same size as Saryn? Mag is a tripple D?

How did your math make you believe that: Limbo has a bigger bust then Saryn? Ember is the same size as Saryn? Mag is a tripple D?

According to bra calculations, Limbo has a massive bust. It is just on his back.

As for Ember/Saryn, Ember's is a bit smaller but rounds to the same value. Saryn has massive cleavage, which makes the bust look larger when in actuality Ember is simply more smoothly armored.

Mag takes the armor smoothing out the bust thing even farther, with a massive bust that looks flat at a glance. Mag's bust is just over an inch smaller than Saryn's, but her underbust is far smaller.

• 4 months later...

I've had a spreadsheet on the backburner for a little while now that I'm working on. When finished it will allow you to select a weapon AND a legitimate target enemy and level.

Idea is to answer questions like:

With a specific Vectis build, what is the highest level Bombard I can one-shot, assuming critical headshot?

What is the TTK of a lvl 100 heavy gunner vs my corrosive modded Twin Grakatas? What about Radiation?

Is it actually better to slot physical slash damage on something like the drakgoon over more elemental, taking into account a grineer target of a specified level?

What is the highest level lancer my Lex Prime can one-shot witha  crit, vs a non-crit? How do those levels change as I add and remove mods?

All of these are questions that can be asked once the proper math is in place. I'm kind of wondering about Corpus and shields at the moment. For example, If I have a weapon that does Magnetic and Slash damage, does the magnetic always apply first to the shields, or does the slash? Since they have differing multipliers it matters which order the damage is applied.

Basically, Warframe builder is S#&$ for actually comparing the practicality of builds, as the numbers it outputs are raw without taking into account any enemy statistics..I decided to work on a tool for myself to fix that.

Edited by Ashnal

I've had a spreadsheet on the backburner for a little while now that I'm working on. When finished it will allow you to select a weapon AND a legitimate target enemy and level.

Idea is to answer questions like:

With a specific Vectis build, what is the highest level Bombard I can one-shot, assuming critical headshot?

What is the TTK of a lvl 100 heavy gunner vs my corrosive modded Twin Grakatas? What about Radiation?

Is it actually better to slot physical slash damage on something like the drakgoon over more elemental, taking into account a grineer target of a specified level?

What is the highest level lancer my Lex Prime can one-shot witha  crit, vs a non-crit? How do those levels change as I add and remove mods?

All of these are questions that can be asked once the proper math is in place. I'm kind of wondering about Corpus and shields at the moment. For example, If I have a weapon that does Magnetic and Slash damage, does the magnetic always apply first to the shields, or does the slash? Since they have differing multipliers it matters which order the damage is applied.

Basically, Warframe builder is S#&$ for actually comparing the practicality of builds, as the numbers it outputs are raw without taking into account any enemy statistics..I decided to work on a tool for myself to fix that.

Nice, very nice. This is something to look forward to :).

Jimmy had 4 Primed Point Blanks. He used 4 Primed Point Blanks in transmutation process. How many Primed Point Blanks Jimmy has at the moment if transmutation gave him this (and only this):

Please don't tell me....

The math I used to figure out the highest possible -- at the time -- amount of armor one could have on a Chroma build.

(This was back when Equinox had just come out, and the Provoke ability of the Day Aspect still had a base bonus of +30% Strength at max rank.)

The answer?

Exactly 62698.924512 armor.

Yes, that's a decimal point, and yes, it's in the right spot.

Almost 62,700 armor.

The kicker?

That Chroma build used the Rejuvenation aura as a giant troll.

Oh, and this was only using Arcane Guardian as a booster.

Now we've got TWO arcanes that increase armor -- both by 60% -- and one of them is guaranteed to activate on a finisher.

Crunching out the effective life span bullet by bullet (because I am too stupid to know a more efficient method/formula) using 100 damage bullets against a frame that has 225 maximum unmodded "shields" that are actually regenerative armor, with max shielding representing 2700 armor and the amount of armor a direct percentage of the remaining shielding against the maximum shielding.  Then doing this with redirection and vigor equipped.  Quite a few hours spent playing around with shielding numbers, inherent built-in armor (like every frame has) and base/maximum health such that the frame didn't totally dominate Valkyr's life span with similar mods.  I think I came up with 150 base health, 75 base "shields" and I believe 150 armor.  I can't 100% remember the armor quantity.  The frame was intended to be slightly more fragile than Valkyr with a single burst from 100% to 0% health, but tougher with even one instance of fully regenerating shielding, and much tougher minimizing damage to even moderately damaging bursts (life expectancy at >=50% shields was vastly superior to life expectancy at <=50% shields.)

I never did anything beyond that with it because I knew the concept of a warframe's shielding acting more like regenerative armor that degrades in mitigation as its damaged was too different for people to even consider as a design concept worth looking into.  I mean, if a new frame or weapon isn't designed to God mode another 5 minutes into a TIV survival where the current top frames/weapons couldn't, it's garbage to this community.  The only exceptions are frames will concepts the community finds cool, like a dragon warframe, or night-day/devil-angel/heaven-hell frame.  Clever and interesting design don't mean $#!% to most people, just the basic theme (especially one with good concept art) and whether or not it will be OP.  Remember... people hate all the knockdowns... but they voted for the Manic despite its description.

Edited by Littleman88

The most complex math I've done can be summarized below:

Is that number bigger?  Can I make it bigger?  Is there something I have or can get easily that will have bigger numbers?  Ok, then let's run with it.

Less sarcastically I've copied statistics and done side by side rough comparisons of base weapon stats, or the particulars of builds.  If I can't do the math on a post it it's too much work for me to really care.