Oberon - Healer?

Rhino - Tank

Saryn - Posion

Trinity - Support/Healer

Valkyr - Rage

Vauban - ?

Volt - Electricity

Zephyr - Wind

So looking at the frames and there general powers many fit together in categories such as the four elements - fire/earth/water/wind or general classes that you see in other games such as tanks/support/healers.

The rest are made from whatever you can think of such as Valkyr with Rage being the emotion and Limbo being the one to control dimensions and Nekros the necromancer.

But does that mean we will get new frames which will fill in the spaces in categories?

So take the four elements, fire - Ember, Water - Frost/hydroid, wind - Zephyr so what about earth? Sandman frame?

How many others could be made? You pick up mythical creatures for ideas like with Hydroid so why not the four horseman of the apocalypse or Medusa type frame?

You pick Limbo with the dimensions and Nova with antimatter ability so a Gravity themed frame could be done.

Will we have a set amount or will DE just continue to make as many as they can?

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed offensive remark.

there's no realistic limit to how many themes you can create. the more you already have, the more complicated it does become to create something unique that is still useful - but you can always do it. there's an infinite number of possibilities.

There is a lot more idea and categories to left and you forgot that frames with similar themes could be made. Like we humans use the fire and water multiple ways also the tenno's can forge armors which could use that power multiple way. I see much more frames as league of legends heroes or more than. Peoples arguing if they hear similar themed frames but there is no problem at all if we have another engineer or void master frame because the creativity can formed multiple uses and different abilities.

Edit : I can imagine 5 fire themed frames without problems for example.

Edited by Sziklamester

DE theoretically could - theoretically - create a warframe for everything but i think it is more likely that they have fixed theme fields (elements, rpg-classes, etc.) of which inspiration is taken for a frame.

And even if they are ever done with these theme fields they could create new ones (animal themed frames for example)

and i think somone once said that they will try to create frames of opposite gender with a quite similar theme yet different abilities (fire - Ember, lava - Vulcan(?) )

infinite possibilities really as for Vauban instead of question marks you could put batman since all his powers are gadgets and Oberon is supposed to be a paladin if i remember correctly. 

along with that hydroid isn't a mythical tentacle monster, he's a pirate

On topic, DE still has plenty of options, as it stands they have four frames currently in development, and there are so many themes they haven't even touched yet. No need to even be concerned about running out.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden comment

There is also a crystal type frame, anubis frame, flora type frame (saryn is venom), widowmaker "spider" frame, bee frame (Vespa), Archer themed "many" etc. The fan concept section is filled with ideas.

Shapeshifter frame and the list goes on and on, what DE has done as of now are "basic" concepts, now that majority of them are done, we will definitely get more unique warframes.

sorry, I can't tell that was valkry when helm and everything changed. I mean I want toch dat tail....probably rubby.

Its the pre corpus skin, before she was captured and tortured :P

An acid frame?

A gelatin frame?

A blood frame?

A werewolf/shapeshifter frame?

A meat element frame?

A brave little toaster frame?

An earth frame?

A pet frame?

A mutant frame with 6 arms?

A frame with a giant scorpion tail?

A mad scientist frame?

A weather frame?

A weapon teleporting frame?

The list could go on forever.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Let's be respectful please.

Well, we have elementals, cept earth.

China is probably getting a Sun Wukong frame, so frames based in mythological heroes figures is on the table.

They said they have 4 frames in design process, with brawler being next, so I give them 10 or so years before they run out of ideas and launch Warframe 2.