Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today's Episode Of "stealth Nerfs!"

SuperNobbs

They do not do this intentialy. Either this was not intended at all, or they just FORGOT to list this in patch notes. I remember a whole topic crated by DE member whete he said that they do not do these intentialy, they just forget to list them. Stuff like that happens time to time.

Which is a DIRTY LIE because you don't list all of the forma drop nerfs and then forget to mention Triton. And you certainly don't forget about Stalker's undocumented buffs

Just wondering, have there ever been positive changes that were forgotten?

Genuine question btw

They forgot to mention Grakata PBR treatment. They listed it only on the next update weeks later.

Either that, or for some reasons i got PBR Grakata earlier thanks to Space Magic and bugs.

Whine post.

And not justified at that.

Lets see...I haven't been in Triton for at least two updates. I don't seem to have any problem getting cores and ranking up primed mods when the mood strikes me.

Then there's the fact that the system map will be changing relatively soon and render this "node of the month" fetish totally moot.

/dismiss

Fairly new to this game, but how does one progress without the aid of apparent broken mechanics?? I'm trying to rank my mods, and there doesn't appear to be any consistent way to do this :<

There is not supposed to be one. Time and RNGesus of loot drops will provide you with all you need. Just be patient.

Edited by Artek94

Which is a DIRTY LIE because you don't list all of the forma drop nerfs and then forget to mention Triton. And you certainly don't forget about Stalker's undocumented buffs

Stalker buff was mentioned months before that since DE knew that people do not see him as a treat.

Now he actually is one. Don't you happy to finally have a worthy oponent that can oneshot you as well as you can oneshot him?

T4s was nerfed months ago mate, the star chart became much more viable at the same time, as the drop tables were altered.

It was? That's weird, I've been still getting cores quite frequently there. Maybe it's because I never expected 10+ cores from a single mission. XP

Is the Triton thread going to be a monthly thing now? Because I saw this exact thread last month. And the month before. And the month before that.....

Players stil haven't realized 2 or 3 stacks of cores is the average (more likely 2) and that 1 stack of cores is far away from being impossible.

It's rng and these players are the tipical bashers, they complain and they hope they are right. sadly the odds of them being wrong are higher than the odds of not getting cores in rotation A

Move along ppl, triton still rewards packs of cores at 25% chance, nothing changed in recent updates

If you find triton a unreliable way of getting cores, then step asside, don't do triton, go and do other missions.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

Whine post.

And not justified at that.

Lets see...I haven't been in Triton for at least two updates. I don't seem to have any problem getting cores and ranking up primed mods when the mood strikes me.

Then there's the fact that the system map will be changing relatively soon and render this "node of the month" fetish totally moot.

/dismiss

That was a good laugh. You don't bother farming fusion energy, so anybody bothering farming fusion energy has no justification to speak up when the only way to do so somewhat efficiently gets nerfed hard and it isn't even mentioned in the patch notes, because you're awesome and everyone else sucks.

If you say you're leveling all the primed mods without ever being bottlenecked on fusion energy without ever farming fusion energy, that means you're either not leveling mods much at all or you're talking bs.

GOOD NEWS! CERES SURVIVAL STILL DROPS R5 CORES!!!!!!!

Ceres Survival uses the same reward table as Triton. We know that cores are still in that reward table, there's just strong evidence coming up that they decreased their chance. Running into one pack of cores has no statistical significance.

Guys, we must pool our acquired mission rewards if we want to validate the reward table chances, otherwise our sample sizes are way too small to make a point. The problem is that there is no way to authenticate drop information, it takes just one troll to ruin the entire shared effort entirely, and only a few people not properly ruling out reporting bias to skew the sample. Even by documenting the contributors there's no way to identify either of the two and distinguish them from unlikely, but legitimate results. Anyways, guess I'll open a google form and sheet and try to model the reward chances vector via Bayesian inference, warning people about reporting bias and hoping the sample will be authentic. 

DE, if you really did this, please, I'm begging you to stop the stealth nerfs and reward chance obfuscation. I feel terribly sorry for all rants that have happened on low chances or nerfs in the past when you still announced them to us players, but some people are just vocal jackasses - ignore them. The vast majority of the player base would be much more content if you would be honest about nerfs and reward chances and readily accept nerfs in exchange for that transparence. We would just like to know what we're up against, more than anything else.

Sincerely,

a concerned and devoted player.

Stalker buff was mentioned months before that since DE knew that people do not see him as a treat.

Now he actually is one. Don't you happy to finally have a worthy oponent that can oneshot you as well as you can oneshot him?

He is quite a treat, I'm not sure he is much of a threat though.

Sometime's i get no core packs then other times im are rolling in them, did a couple tonight and got 5 (could have got maybe more but the random who joined me started to whine about the power cells so i extracted after the first one ~ ) from the first and 10 from the second

It does feel like their rate is reduced, but only after U17. I used to go there all the time. After U17 I went there a few times and each run I either got none or just 1 pack. Receiving none was the most common theme. Wasn't really the case prior to U17.

Edited by Naith

It's always fun being taken toe the woodshed by people that don't know what they're talking about.

Here's a heads up: you don't have to farm cores. You simply don't. Just play the game and you get cores. Novel thought, but it does kinda work that way. 

I don't farm much of anything except prime parts when a new PA comes out. It's not necessary. Early on, you'll have to farm some mods and some rare resources until you get a good base to work from, but cores? Never.

I'm typically sitting on a between 300 and 600 cores. Sometimes a LOT more. It varies from whenever I last leveled up a primed mod, but that's typical from just doing what I do everyday. What I do everyday rarely involves the so-called farming nodes. I've run the rare core pool dry a number of times on going 10 rank, but a few days of the usual WF chores will have a working number of rare cores and there's almost always enough for less strenuous mod leveling.

The secret? I don't expect everything 5 minutes ago. I plan ahead. I didn't sweat this stuff when I was just starting out. Those days were kind of tough, but those days didn't really last that long. Mostly, I just play the game and I do get what I need. There's a lesson there, if you bother to think about it.

I haven't been to triton since the update, but they also stealth-nerfed adhesive blast.

Now it has 60% chance to stick to walls instead of 100% chance to stick and +60% damage.

Apparently they haven't realized that RNG isn't fun and we don't want it in our weapons. This implementation is especially awful since you have no strategy now and it just adds messy gameplay.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

No, they mentioned a full-blown, top-down Stalker rework months ago. What they gave him in U17 was a bandaid patch

(as for that "oneshot" remark, his new Reckoning power is so pathetically weaksauce I thought it was bugged the first time he used it)

It's always fun being taken toe the woodshed by people that don't know what they're talking about.

Here's a heads up: you don't have to farm cores. You simply don't. Just play the game and you get cores. Novel thought, but it does kinda work that way. 

I don't farm much of anything except prime parts when a new PA comes out. It's not necessary. Early on, you'll have to farm some mods and some rare resources until you get a good base to work from, but cores? Never.

I'm typically sitting on a between 300 and 600 cores. Sometimes a LOT more. It varies from whenever I last leveled up a primed mod, but that's typical from just doing what I do everyday. What I do everyday rarely involves the so-called farming nodes. I've run the rare core pool dry a number of times on going 10 rank, but a few days of the usual WF chores will have a working number of rare cores and there's almost always enough for less strenuous mod leveling.

The secret? I don't expect everything 5 minutes ago. I plan ahead. I didn't sweat this stuff when I was just starting out. Those days were kind of tough, but those days didn't really last that long. Mostly, I just play the game and I do get what I need. There's a lesson there, if you bother to think about it.

good for you?

Most players aren't elite like you who spend a ton of time ever day playing or play every day.

I play the game just regularly most of the time. Mostly I play void just because I find it more fun, but even with 4-500 hours in the game I still feel like I need to farm triton just to get a rank 7-8 rare mod.