Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diriga Vs. Dethcube

Kolos1001

Diriga has way more range than the Dethcube but Vaporize is more useful to close range enemies because coolant leak is about as effective as as Diriga's secondary. 

What is everyone else's opinion on the comparison?

Diriga is much better than the Dethcube

Vaporize is only useful at easy levels

Diriga's 70m range is very very useful

Dethcube has been useless for a long time. 30m range on attack precet combined with crappy single target stun (damage is irrelevant after low levels) with half a minute cooldown. It doesn't even have especially good stats.

Diriga is superior to not only Dethcube, but Djinn (longer attack range) and Wyrm(s) too (better CC).

Dethcube, Djinn and Wyrms really need a buff. The best option is probably to make their abilities better or add another ability that's strong enough for each of them.

Ahhh. The days when the Deth Machine rifle was actually good and could take players to round 15 on Xini. 

Besides that little tangent, I believe that Dethcube has become more of an afterthought now. I think that while Diriga can specialize at longer ranges, Dethcube could have very high close-mid range damage and maybe some CC to top it off. 

I really think that all sentinels and companions in general need a second look at. Some of them (like Wyrm and Shade,) just feel dated and an afterthought at this point. 

I only use Dethcube, with Vaporise (which pleases me) and Coolant Leak which I find just useful enough to be worth it. I didn't realise I was being a hipster or something haha. I use him as a little status proc machine with Sweeper Prime and he gets the job done, usually earning a fist bump in extraction.

Also, I've styled him after the torture droid from Star Wars so he looks pretty pimp.

Edited by (PS4)NachoZissou

VAPORIZE

* Deals a continuous beam of damage on one target, ticking 5 times per second. (how much? ask the stars, but should be significant)

* Element of beam and AoE depends on target: Shielded ones cause magnetic proc, pure health cause viral, armored cause corrosive. Yeah it tunes itself to target, then it's a DETHCUBE. It should be deadly.

* Every 5 ticks (1,6,11,16,21 etc.) it deals a AoE centered on target with guaranteed proc. 

* Beam only stops after enemy dies, then cools down an amount of time proportional to 50% the time it was on. 

VAPORIZE:

* Deals a continuous beam of damage on one target, ticking 5 times per second. (how much? ask the stars, but should be significant)

* Element of beam and AoE depends on target: Shielded ones cause magnetic proc, pure health cause viral, armored cause corrosive. Yeah it tunes itself to target, then it's a DETHCUBE. It should be deadly.

* Every 5 ticks (1,6,11,16,21 etc.) it deals a AoE centered on target with guaranteed proc.

* Beam only stops after enemy dies, then cools down an amount of time proportional to 50% the time it was on.

This sounds cool but a bit OP.

Even though it's a single target power, it still would be a death sentence; the cooldown mechanic you suggested should work the other way around if you ask me, otherwise you'd keep on vaporizing stuff on low levels and being useless on high ones.

Edited by siralextraffo

IMO, Digira is the better Sentinel. Massive attack range, comes with a powerful weapon, and while his shock precept is single target it has much better CC than Vaporize and ergo is still useful regardless of level whereas Vaporize falls off and becomes nothing more than a mild single-target stun. Dethcube is pretty much due for a buff.