The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since We Are Currently In The Mood Of Nerfing Things, Could We Turn Our Gaze Towards Nullifiers For A Second?

Cerenax

Does your weapon fire slow but one shot? Jump in the bubble, kill, jump away

High Dps knockdown heavies say hi. Telling players to deliberately commit suicide is terrible game design.

Am i the only one that considers nullifiers a good thing for challenge and that in the end they are considered one of the easiest units to dispatch?

I have no issues with nullifiers and how they force certain strategies to be used, this kinda happens with pretty much every unit outthere, just in different ways.

Except other units allow diversity, with the nullies you either bring a fire weapon and get back in line there is no other choice. And in fact an individual nullifier itself isn't even an issue, a huge annoyance but not a problem. However their numbers and stacking are; coupled with the fact that they tend protect several highly dangerous units thus disabling in several ocasions the (at this point given the context, narrow minded) suggestion to just get in and kill them, unless you have a suicide wish but otherwise you have to take them out at a distance and only auto fire does that to a decent degree.

Except other units allow diversity, with the nullies you either bring a fire weapon and get back in line there is no other choice. And in fact an individual nullifier itself isn't even an issue, a huge annoyance but not a problem. However their numbers and stacking are; coupled with the fact that they tend protect several highly dangerous units thus disabling in several ocasions the (at this point given the context, narrow minded) suggestion to just get in and kill them, unless you have a suicide wish but otherwise you have to take them out at a distance and only auto fire does that to a decent degree.

On the top of my head:

- use secondary to destoy shield, use sniper once shield is depleted (sometimes depending on my builds i did use telos akbolto to shoot at the rather big buble and then all i had to do was wait for the buble to disapear, at that point i already had the crosshair of the sniper on him)

- go in close and use melee

- use an explosion inside or close to the buble

- lay a trap explosive (castanas, penta)

- use concealed explosives

- use a weapon inside the buble

- shoot until buble and nullifier are destroyed

Edited by KIREEKPSO

Allow punch-thru to pierce thru Nullifier shield.

Remove Bombard rocket homing.

Nerf Ancient Healer's invincibility aura.

Nerf infested Tar Moas.

Nerf Disruptors draining all of our energy.

Nerf Eximus aura ranges.

While DE loves to do kneejerk nerfs to player's arsenal, why not do it for the clearly broken enemies too? For the sake of balance.

Because for the sake of balance it would be call a Buff that a bad word , that why we keep only bad side keep with the nerf :D

High Dps knockdown heavies say hi. Telling players to deliberately commit suicide is terrible game design.

Aim glide says hi. Jumping says hi. Rolling says hi. Equipping melee and blocking or doing a knockdown immune combo (the worst, but doable) says hi. 

It's not suicide you're just not thinking hard enough. 

Half of these incluide going inside the bubble, which (if you had actually read, you'd know that) are suicide suggestions when enemies begin to hurt a lot.

The secondary excuse goes back to the main point, pick a fast firing weapon or go home.

The explosions will only be effective once the bubble has shrank enough for the radius to work, and concealed explosives is irrelevant since the average fire rate of the weapons they're used on is just enough.

The only one I'll give you are the traps, but two unique weapons (and neither the specifics you mentioned) justify a much larger ammount being almost impossible to use agains the bubbles. 'Just shooting it' won't work with the weapons that have problems with these, for you should remeber, the bubble regenerates fast as well.

Aim glide says hi. Jumping says hi. Rolling says hi. Equipping melee and blocking or doing a knockdown immune combo (the worst, but doable) says hi. 

It's not suicide you're just not thinking hard enough.

Reading says hi, like perhaps the part where I mentioned high dps? Bombards say hi as well as blocking being damage reduction now that still does not apply while attacking.

So, ever since u17 we have had nerfs to: ...  all melee slide attacks.

Wouldn't really say they got nerfed.

Anyway, if there is one thing I'd change to the Nullifiers, it's allowing weapons to shoot through the bubble if they have a punch through mod or innate punch through.

Reading says hi, like perhaps the part where I mentioned high dps? Bombards say hi as well as blocking being damage reduction now that still does not apply while attacking.

You can't dodge bombard missles but can get to high level content? Hmmm. 

Also remember the part where parkour 2.0 reduces enemy accuracy? Yeah, rolling, aim glide, bullet jump, double jump...not to mention you're carrying a nice one shotter if you're deciding to jump into the bubble. 

Kill nully in one shot, oh look abilities, oh look you're playing Warframe. 

Nullifiers will 1 shot you 40min into T4 jumping inside the bubble filled with 2 bombards n 3 heavy gunners is not what i wanna do

Oh, so endless mode infinite scaling working as intended?

Am i the only one that considers nullifiers a good thing for challenge and that in the end they are considered one of the easiest units to dispatch?

I have no issues with nullifiers and how they force certain strategies to be used, this kinda happens with pretty much every unit outthere, just in different ways.

No, you're not the only one.  The following is a list of enemies that separates the lazy Tenno that just spam #4 and hold down left click for their favorite automatic rifle from actual good players that know how to use all of the tools at their disposal:

Nerf infested Tar Moas.

Nerf Eximus aura ranges.

While DE loves to do kneejerk nerfs to player's arsenal, why not do it for the clearly broken enemies too? For the sake of balance.

And I'm not entirely convinced this post was serious.  It had that tone and timing.  But the way some members of this board complain about "cheap" enemies, if they had that list implemented in game, all we'd get are varying shapes of Lancers, Crewman, and Infested Runners.

Nullifiers exist precisely because of the #4 spam and hyper efficient weapons, like the Marelok (in it's heyday at the nullifiers introduction if I recall.)  Their shield is obviously intentional by design to screw with low rate of fire, high damage, extremely ammo efficient weapons.  It's not like the frost globe came after the nullifier bubble, so I don't see it going away.  If anything, the complaints are proof it's working.

But seriously, Corrupted bombard's might fire a little too fast.  I can deal with the faster, tighter missiles, but the first knockdown equating to a series of knockdowns with ZERO opening to do anything is just a little much.  It's on the level of getting one shot by a Grineer Ballistae, only slower and more painful to watch.

Edited by Littleman88

Nerf enemies? I literally cannot remember the last time I failed a mission outside of a NM raid/endless defense outside of people voluntarily leaving.

Actually now I think of it I am pretty sure in my entire time playing warframe the only missions I have failed are raids, endless defense, and rescue missions not counting aborting a mission for some reason or another, such testing weapons/appearance in different lighting, having to go, etc.

Edited by Oishii

Fiiiiiiiiine if you really want me to be specific: 

Run, slide, bullet jump, aim glide, shoot, keep going, run away. 

Yes...  You will be going back and forth as much as a ping-pong ball with that strat, SO EFFICIENT.  :P

Whereas you can just generally aim in the direction of the bubble with any semi-auto weapon and melt it and NOT move from the spot lol.

Nerf infested Tar Moas.

Nerf Eximus aura ranges.

Those are EXACTLY the same enemies I'm having problems with as well. I'd go as far to say that DE should actually remove any energy draining eximus auras, those things are anti-fun beyond control since they usually hide behind walls and there's no way to see where they are and they just keep on sucking the life from you.

How was pilfering swarm nerf?

Power mods don't affect it anymore.

covert lethality? i'm sure DE only remove it from Excal' EB moves. doubt it's considered a nerf.

And they changed it to from stealth attacks to finishers to prevent OP invisibility.

How was boar prime, strun wraith nerf?

There status was decreased.

Vulklor nerf is dumb.

Last line: doubt DE will ever re-look at nullifies.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Nerf infested Tar Moas.

Nerf Eximus aura ranges.

So you want easy mode Warframe forever?

Half of these incluide going inside the bubble, which (if you had actually read, you'd know that) are suicide suggestions when enemies begin to hurt a lot.

The secondary excuse goes back to the main point, pick a fast firing weapon or go home.

The explosions will only be effective once the bubble has shrank enough for the radius to work, and concealed explosives is irrelevant since the average fire rate of the weapons they're used on is just enough.

The only one I'll give you are the traps, but two unique weapons (and neither the specifics you mentioned) justify a much larger ammount being almost impossible to use agains the bubbles. 'Just shooting it' won't work with the weapons that have problems with these, for you should remeber, the bubble regenerates fast as well.

excuses, excuses, excuses

No issues here

Like another player here has realized, the players complaining are the ones that haven't adapted or are simply......i mean, i don't want to use the word because i fear that it might be offensive, let's just say you guys are still newbies and that you guys are not ready for the big challenges ahead.

Feel free to complain, moan, cry, if you can't tackle nullifiers, step asside and ask someone in the team to do it for you.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

Nerf infested Tar Moas.

Nerf Eximus aura ranges.

^THIS

Yes...  You will be going back and forth as much as a ping-pong ball with that strat, SO EFFICIENT.  :P

Whereas you can just generally aim in the direction of the bubble with any semi-auto weapon and melt it and NOT move from the spot lol.

Well yeah, but they're complaining that sniper/bow users are punished because nullifiers exist. When there is the strategy I said, then you could also just do what you said, or just have a teammate handle it lol 

Well yeah, but they're complaining that sniper/bow users are punished because nullifiers exist. When there is the strategy I said, then you could also just do what you said, or just have a teammate handle it lol 

Getting forced to close range using a weapon designed for long range fights is dumb and should never happen.

I'm fine with nullifiers blocking my ability. I'm not fine with them blocking all slow RoF weapons, that's just silly.