Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #60!

[DE]Rebecca

aight maybe i freaked out little too much

but i still think he doesnt fit in here

his character already have a set lore and feelings of another universe to me.

he feels like wukong as they intended and bringing him into warframe  therefore brings the same feeling with him

it just is completely different feeling from what i have of these other warframes.

Think of it this way, we have an episode of game of thrones and jedi goes in there with light sabre killing everything.

that is somewhat how i feel about this

Edited by Nineart

@TennoMordant

wow you speak better english than me!

congrats you speak much better english than a foreigner who havent spoken that langugage for 3 yrs

and thank you so much for being a $&*^ about it too :)

but plz take a note that the fact that you speak better english than me doesnt make your opinions superior than mine

most of main features in this game, excluding the aesthetic decorations at the dojos which are implemented for personal customization,

have western concepts with little flavor of eastern concepts

but this wukong seems like a complete eastern concept to me which does not fit.

really tell me how wukong might have became a warframe?

void turned a child into a monkey?

did the children have a monkey with them and the monkey became wukong?

or do we have a mentally $&*&*#(%& warframe that makes monkey sounds?

it has its own lores and universe that is not warframe

i would be fine with wukong-looking frame,

i would also be fine with a monkey-like frame,

but i see this frame as wukong, not wukong-looking or monkey-like

which is something comepletely different.

and i enjoy this game as much as any others

that is why i returned to this game after 2 yrs of military service.

I love this game, and the developers. It has both inspired me and entertained me.

Edited by Nineart

He didn't! Simple as that. That's not wukong as a warframe, that's a warframe based and named after wukong. Just a suit giving you some abilities similar to what the real wukong had.

Just like how rhino is not a rhino that became a warframe, but warframe based and named after the rhinos which have abilities representing the rhinos.

@TennoMordant

wow you speak better english than me!

congrats you speak much better english than a foreigner who havent spoken that langugage for 3 yrs

and thank you so much for being a $&*^ about it too :)

but plz take a note that the fact that you speak better english than me doesnt make your opinions superior than mine

most of main features in this game, excluding the aesthetic decorations at the dojos which are implemented for personal customization,

have western concepts with little flavor of eastern concepts

but this wukong seems like a complete eastern concept to me which does not fit.

void turned a child into a monkey?

did the children have a monkey with them and the monkey became wukong?

or do we have a mentally $&*&*#(%& warframe that makes monkey sounds?

it has its own lores and universe that is not warframe

i would be fine with wukong-looking frame,

i would also be fine with a monkey-like frame,

but i see this frame as wukong, not wukong-looking or monkey-like

which is something comepletely different.

and i enjoy this game as much as any others

that is why i returned to this game after 2 yrs of military service.

I love this game, and the developers. It has both inspired me and entertained me.

Is someone having a bad day? Aww, it's ok buddy, I still love ya! :P

So, first you gave extra items to chinese founders, to say "thank you". That was ok (but I'm still pissed I have to w8 dat nikana prime), because you gave all other founders extra items (excal prime etc.). And now you giving new warframe earlier to all chinese player to thank them for... what? I'm not salty or angry because of it but kinda disappointed. I mean, there was no extra "thank you" for playing dat early beta version of warframe. It feels unfair. Update 17 was really boring for me and my friends and we used to play warframe every evening for couple of hours. Now they are not playing at all and me only for couple of hours a week just because of that awesome nunchaku

Now that Valkyr's Hysteria will be toggleable, i hope it doesnt drain energy over time, just toggle on, waste the 100 energy and last for the original time, but you can turn it off anytime. If it drains energy, it will be a huge nerf.

If they do make it drain energy over time they'll reduce the initial cast cost like other similar drain abilities like nyx absorb and ember world on fire.

Regarding (Sun) Wukong,

I've been around the Chinese culture most of my life, and can speak some (40% efficiency or so) Mandarin. I also have a lot of Chinese American and Native Chinese (Taiwan also) friends, and have been all around Asia. I only mentioned the previously stated, because I definitely understand that marketing over there is vastly different from western marketing. It's like comparing kazoos to scuba diving, without a doubt.

That being stated, I figured it would be fun to show some of my Chinese friends the Wukong footage. They and myself agreed; the Chinese DE team really needs to try harder. We are all familiar with Sun Wukong and the Chinese fairytale called Journey to the West, which is where the character comes from.  The way the frame looks is pretty decent. We all definitely liked the Syandana, and I personally would pay for one if it ever appears on the market. The mechanics looked bad and reeked of the typical Chinese developer "It's Chinese, so it has to become a hit!" mentality.

Here's the thing; this is a sci-fi game. It's not a sci fairytale game. This character and especially these mechanics don't fit very well in the Warframe universe. Also, the Chinese market deserves better than 拍马屁 (butt kissing) characters that are only there to pander and be used as what is appeared to be a safe bet.

I personally love that DE is trying to make a big splash in the Chinese market, but the Chinese leadership team basically did the equivalent of adding a Looney Tunes character to a new release of Predator 2.

I'm absolutely not trying to be a critical person of this game.  I love almost everything that has come out over the past year and this is still my fave online game, hands down. This frame and it's mechanics make me super apprehensive about it's reception/debut and I hope this concept has a major rework before release. 

...I want that Syandana!

So much this

Well most of it were really nice allthought im not so fond about the new skins being exclusive due the simple fact that we lack alot in frame skin departement. I mean, some frames doesnt even have a alternative skin, then i beileve it would be better to put some more pernament skin in the market and later on make exclusives, rather than making them when there's lack of them. I hope DE reconsider making them time limited and exclusive beacuse it would be a waste of time, not to mention people wont see them ( i havent seen a nyx with proto skin simce early june), people will ju buy the skin and let it rot. ( like i did when i bought proto for excal)

And no, exclusives isnt that great and if you have such panic not being unique enought, go buy PA cosmetics

THINGS I'm HAPPY ABOUT AND NOT HAPPY ABOUT...Let's start with

Things I'm happy about:

1. pre-corpus valkyr skin (words can't describe how good it looks)

2. bacon frame

3. valkyr BUFFS not NERFS

4. Rhino guardian skin + sick cat hammer skin (DO IT!!)

Things I'm NOT happy about:

1. "blowing up the void" --- Wait...what!!?? If my hundreds of void keys go away suddenly, I better be rewarded with a lot of plat or some legendary cores for every dozen keys i have. If I am rewarded with credits I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME.

2. multishot and dmg mods getting either taken out of game or nerfed. If this happens the game is gonna be wrecked honestly. I can't see how this would even be possible unless all enemies and bosses are also scaled waaay way down. And IF the mods are taken out of game completely, I better get a couple million R5s or about 50 legendary cores or I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME.

Things I'm CONFUSED about:

If void keys are taken out of the game, then how will you craft dragon keys unless they are taken out of the game as well? or will they just no longer require void keys to craft?

Allright something which bothered me ever since i heared what Atlas powers would be.

Where does the rock come from on a space ship? In the Void Towers? The ice moon Europa? Or the Gas City on Jupiter?

All the other "elemetal" substances can be relative well explained with pseudo-science as being drawn from the environment.

In case of Ember, Frost, Zephyr and Volt, they just manipulate the environment to create the fire, cold, wind and electricity.

Hydroid could draw water monecules from the air and have some stored in his bulkier armor. Heck even pocket space ala where Warframes store their ammo would make sense, because water as a liquid can be easily seen as stored and removed from such an invisible tank.

But the rock we saw in the devstream is solid and bulky and it's somewhat hard to imagine where it could magically come from or where it could be stored.

Does Atlas have a quarry somewhere stored in his bag of holding?

It's kind of opening a can of worms to think about it. So smart move showcasing him on Earth.

Also how can the Monkey King frame cloud walk while on a space ship?

Dude, you are way way over thinking it...There's soooooo much of the game that makes absolutely no sense. For example, If warframes are simply exoskeletons, then how come some of them have breasts? and there are "male" and "female" looking frames? It's a suit theres absolutely no reason for them to appear to be a certain gender. Just saying.

Things I'm NOT happy about:

1. "blowing up the void" --- Wait...what!!?? If my hundreds of void keys go away suddenly, I better be rewarded with a lot of plat or some legendary cores for every dozen keys i have. If I am rewarded with credits I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME.

2. multishot and dmg mods getting either taken out of game or nerfed. If this happens the game is gonna be wrecked honestly. I can't see how this would even be possible unless all enemies and bosses are also scaled waaay way down. And IF the mods are taken out of game completely, I better get a couple million R5s or about 50 legendary cores or I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME.

Things I'm CONFUSED about:

If void keys are taken out of the game, then how will you craft dragon keys unless they are taken out of the game as well? or will they just no longer require void keys to craft?

What you should be rewarded with is:

Hearing aid prime, attention span booster or couple million R5 common sense cores depending on your problem.