Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.5: The Jordas Precept. + Hotfix 17.5.1

DE_Adam

So I have question about the Landing Craft Segment.  Is there a blueprint available anywhere?

Because I can't find one anywhere, and it kind of looks like an intentional choice to lock a gameplay feature behind a pay wall, which is a worrying first for DE.

I think it's located at the Tenno Lab in the dojo.

Question:  When is the Chesa functionality finally going to be fixed as DE promised?

DE Rebecca:  Update 17.2.4  -  Fixes:  "Fixed some inconsistencies with Chesa retrieval behaviour on items that are in areas that have already been retrieved. More fixes will be rolled out as we continue to address polish items."

https://forums.warfr...4/#entry5791880

There do not appear to be any fixes for the Chesa in this update. Is there an ETA on when the "more fixes" promised in Update 17.2.4 will be "rolled out" to address the functionality problems with the Chesa that have not been fixed? The Chesa problem was included as a August 28th Hot Topic but there does not appear to be any feedback from DE on the issue. On Devstream #59 DE Rebecca attempted to obtain clarification from DE Sheldon on the Carrier Vacuum debate but only in brief passing mentioned the word Chesa. When the discussion transitioned to Kubrows the Chesa topic was avoided and instead DE Sheldon discussed "Pack Tactics", which appeared to be a distraction to properly responding to the core issue and player comments that have been posted regarding the Chesa.

My Chesa is still broken as there seems to be a bug which limits the amount of items that the Chesa can pickup per trip to only 3 amongst all the rest of the problems. On 8/13/2015 Prime Time #83 (time code 50:47) DE Sheldon stated:  "Hey, there is a fix almost ready for Chesa. I was gonna say I tested it today. Chesa will go around and pickup all kinds of stuff before she comes back to you." Picking up 3 items per trip cannot be considered picking up "all kinds of stuff before" returning to the owner.

The thread below has in depth discussion, review, and suggestions for various approaches to fixing the Chesa's functionality so that it works correctly as player's requested and DE implied. After all, on 8/2/2015 when DE Steve was asked if the Chesa was intended to be comparable to carrier on his Twitter account he stated "that is the goal sorta, needs some improvements". As of current the Chesa is not comparable to carrier and this bugged cap of limiting the trip pick up to 3 items is a big part of that issue.

https://forums.warfr...hype-destroyed/

That thread now has over 18,260 views so the Chesa topic is clearly important to players. So why is DE avoiding directly commenting on the Chesa and fixing the AI issues but rather expending time to add new "Pack Tactics" before even making the basic functionality work reliably and as intended?

So basically making Fleeting Expertise absolutely useless as a mod for toggled abilities? Seems like a poor choice.

hardly, they just recognized that toggle abilities use energy/sec for cost.  for better energy efficiency you can either reduce the cost per time period, or increase the time period per cost.

Besides the duration mods are only half as effective as the efficiency mods  100% duration = 50% energy eff.

Fixes

• Fixed all players in a Void Defense Missions failing immediately when the keyholder or Host extracts after 5 waves. 

I live and breathe again!

giphy.gif

Thanks for this huge update and tons of fixes DE! :D

But as is our duty to report, still no fix for....

1. Ash Prime Texture, Mesh and Animation Bugs https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

2. Loki Prime PBR combining Tint Color 3 and 4, reducing customisation https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/503604-de-your-prime-gear-pbr-treatment-sucks-and-here-is-why/

3. Chesa Kubrows pathing, AI and abilities https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/500849-chesa-kubrow-hype-destroyed/

Edited by Sci_Ant

I really don't like the mesa changes at all. It drains so much of your energy in the time you are just trying to spot aim and shoot at the enemy. It also looks and handles really awkwardly, not like just having normal guns you can aim and fire.

You can't move either, which was the big problem I had before when using that ability, but it was just a downside to it before, now it seems like there are more negatives than benefits to it.

I support what you are trying to do, I just think more work is likely needed her. You should compensate a bit for the negatives, preferably with making them less awkward, or addressing the drain.

Edited by Echorion

So I have question about the Landing Craft Segment.  Is there a blueprint available anywhere?

Because I can't find one anywhere, and it kind of looks like an intentional choice to lock a gameplay feature behind a pay wall, which is a worrying first for DE.

Ok. Lay down your pitch fork, go to the Tenno Lab in your Dojo, and start the research for the Landing Craft Segment..   ;-)

Just noticed that the Yamako Prime Syandana uses the cape physics instead of the older syandana physics now. 

...Not sure if I like this change, actually. It flops around too much for its size. Can we get this one reverted?

What is the point to Greedy pull now? The first nerf was bad enough.....now u need line of sight? Its no longer Greedy....

I just don't know what to say to this.

Not line of sight, "Mag's Pull now requires an open path to affect targets" means you are restricted to the room you are in for the most part.

The new void looks great, but it it SUPER bright. Was running with a clanmate, and while we both like the look, the reflectivity needs to be toned down a bit in some of the rooms. The extract room seemed perfect for the overhaul and looked great, but a lot of the other rooms were almost blinding.

What is the point to Greedy pull now? The first nerf was bad enough.....now u need line of sight? Its no longer Greedy....

I just don't know what to say to this.

It's not line of sight. as it says, it requires "An open path to affect targets", meaning that any object that can draw a path to Mag, ANY path at all within range, that is unbroken will be pulled by the ability. litterally the only thing this effects is pull between rooms if the door is closed. this may have an effect with certain Corpus rooms (like the small 3-way room with the two lockers towards the bottom), but otherwise, like in defense missions where all the killing is on one open or mostly open room, Pull is uneffected.

Edited by FrostboundFlame

"Only two clones from Mirage’s Hall of mirrors now fire projectiles.  This change has been made in order to help improve performance issues.  Damage has been increased on the remaining clones to compensate."

Nice job killing Mirage. There went a lot of Mirage builds... What performance issues, may I ask?

I don't know why everyone is complaining about Mag nerf. She's still so powerful on void missions with a build focused on her 2 and Shield Transference augment mod.

And also Mirage clones haven't been nerfed? I'm pretty sure they just transferred the damage the other clones would have done to the two clones that will be firing.