Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Is Actually Excited For Starchart 3.0?

(XBOX)G R A V O C

I joined this game after Starchart 2.0. It was quite the lonely experience as a beginner. I literally played by myself all the way up to Neptune. Obviously I have joined a clan, and also learned how to work the recruitment tab by using 'hot nodes' to play. But I got to thinking.... How would my overall experience and perception of Warframe be different, had I felt like I wasn't the only Tenno in the known universe? Would it be like one of the few positive experiences I had on Destiny? I fondly think back onto the open Beta for Destiny, in which 6 million players flooded the starter area. I absolutely loved it! Every instance I went into was packed full of players. You ALWAYS had backup during public events, or when fighting Randal the Vandal. it was also a great way to learn how to play the game. I can't tell you how many times I was just mindlessly exploring the cosmodrome, when I would stumble upon a group who would pick me up, and take me on an epic adventure. I literally made more friends in the Destiny Beta in one week than I have in my 250 hours played here.

So with all of that said - I am absolutely excited for Starchart 3.0 to roll out. I feel like it will breathe some much needed life into the game, and put players into contact with eachother more frequently. I also envy the new players who will get to experience this game for the first time, NOT feeling like the only Tenno in the universe.

So who else is with me? U18 hype!

Edited by (XB1)G R A V O C

I'm more exited for the damage system rework. Maybe I won't have to pick between whether I want balanced content or challenging content anymore.

U18 appears to be attempting to tackle the very largest problems that are the most fundamental to this game's nature. I say without the slightest bit of exaggeration that it has the potential to be one of the best updates in Warframe's history, but the key word there is potential. Let's hope DE knows what they're doing.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

I'm still very hesitant about the final product.

DE has presented some ideas, ranging from there being very limited nodes that swap mission types on some sort of timer, to there being a more specialized system for each of the planets being separated into 'sectors' of the Sol.

Sounds very much like Focus; hard for me to get excited about a system that has seemingly been gutted so many times the players are unable to be kept up with the changes DE makes.

I can't get hyped for a new IP concept, to still be hyped when that IP completely changes by the time the final product releases.

I'm looking forward to it. Based on their past track record, every time they make a major change, it's always made the game better and more enjoyable for me. Getting people out of the void should hopefully help with the game in the long run.

I'm more exited for the damage system rework. Maybe I won't have to pick between whether I want balanced content or challenging content anymore.

U18 appears to be attempting to tackle the very largest problems that are the most fundamental to this game's nature. I say without the slightest bit of exaggeration that it has the potential to be one of the best updates in Warframe's history, but the key word there is potential. Let's hope DE knows what they're doing.

Before you get your hopes too high, I very much doubt that the damage re-work is going to make it into U18. That'll probably be a 2016 thing.

Me too since U9 at the very begining of the Void, i always disagree with a place that is locked behind some stupid keys.

Prime farming gives also a bad reputarion of the great opotunity what the game could offer to play.

I also would love to see high Lv mission are mixed in the starter area.

Just running a syndicate mission today just to notive how much improofement the Earth title set now is with the Parcour 2.0 possibility.

I'm normally positive about the game changes, but currently not about the nodes and the starmap ideas.  There are many ways they could approach this and the things they picked, what they showed us, seem really lackluster and out of place to me.

As always, I will wait and see what happens and deal with it.  No need for hype.

I can't tell you how many times I was just mindlessly exploring the cosmodrome, when I would stumble upon a group who would pick me up, and take me on an epic adventure. I literally made more friends in the Destiny Beta in one week than I have in my 250 hours played here.

The game engine uses a P2P (Peer to peer).

That greatly limits the options. Of course, it is much cheaper for [DE] because it saves thousands of dollars on central servers. But keeping the P2P system can not be:

1. Persistent Worlds.

2. True multiplayer (8 players is the highest so far and many problems).

3. New game modes. Currently, only game modes "closed" are allowed (Start - Length (N) - End).

Warframe can never have the interaction mechanisms offered by other games (Destiny) simply because the base engine does not.

I'm trusting that they're seeing a bigger picture that obviously we're not. The new parkour just made this game a whole new experience in some areas, and I believe the weapons change and star chart are other chapters on the storyboard towards the bigger picture at the DE headquarters.

On that note it won't be perfect, there's just too many ways to play this game and too many warframes with different personalities to get it perfect. As long as they keep things fresh and fun it should be good though. just my two cents..

Am I the only one worried about the RNG that will decide what missions we play? ._.

I repeat...RNG...decides what missions we play ._. The same demon who won't give you that one mod you have been farming for months and when you give up, you get 2 in a single game.

Edited by DJ_Vauban

The game engine uses a P2P (Peer to peer).

That greatly limits the options. Of course, it is much cheaper for [DE] because it saves thousands of dollars on central servers. But keeping the P2P system can not be:

1. Persistent Worlds.

2. True multiplayer (8 players is the highest so far and many problems).

3. New game modes. Currently, only game modes "closed" are allowed (Start - Length (N) - End).

Warframe can never have the interaction mechanisms offered by other games (Destiny) simply because the base engine does not.

All of this I understand.

What I was referring to is A populated game is a much more immersive game.

I used the Destiny Beta comparison for what my hopes are of what significantly shrinking the star chart will do.

- Less nodes means higher volume of players per node

- Destruction of the void as we know it will have new players interact with veteran players (similar to how vet players on Destiny still see newbies because they are farming pub events)

- Overall it will be a better experience, in my opinion. Even w/ Peer to Peer.

I'll reserve judgement for later. I've been pleased with the changes so far. I'm still not sure what they're doing to the map just yet. So, I can't really comment. As far as dog changes I'm hoping that the changes to mod's will result in more customization options that might work in tandem with our warframes abilities/power/health. Yet that means more challenging enemies have to be produced, not bullet sponges.