Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows The White Elephant Of Useless

WernerShadow

Compared to carrier, yeah carrier has more utility. Now compare Kubrows with say... Deathmachine (crickets). Deathmachine anyone?(crickets) C'mon it Deathmachine! (crickets)

Honestly, Sentinels and Kubrows can only be compared like this: Chesa vs Carrier, Huras vs Shade and so on.

Oh, and if you think kubrows don't attack, clearly you don't pay attention to them, i.e.: Huras has that lunge attack that shakes the screen, it can one-shot bombard in T4 in the 45min mark when the kubrow is fully upgraded with COMBAT mods (my furball can't open a locker to save his life, but I'm more squishy than my frame and I play Ash Prime, not known for being squishy) which require like 8 forma and the reactor,, BUT he also melee enemies with his paws and deals very high damage. Now, Carrier is very effective, but if you want it to be useful in combat and not just for Vacum, you need to Forma and supercharge the Sentinel AND his weapon which in the end will cost you more than a single Kubrow (the real cost of the kubrow is obtaining and upgrading all his mods).

My kubrow kills things pretty quickly, and the Huras variant has a great range for detecting enemies for its stealth ability. It scales off of my shields/health/armor and can be revived without me having to use one. I'll take that over a glorified vacuum cleaner.

They all have pros and cons.

I still prefer Sentinels in most cases because they're reliable. They don't have a ret@rded AI. They don't need any babysitting.

Kubrows are resilient, and thank the Lotus for it, otherwise they'd die all the time. If their AI was reliable they would be my go-to support.

And the best Kubrows are Sahasas, hands down. They don't need to fetch stuff, they dig it up. anywhere. Even through a ship's hull. Depending on what you need at the moment. Nothing is better than that.

Edited by Marthrym

Stealth Kubrow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stealth Sentinel. Seriously, not only does Kubrow stealth have a longer range I swear it lasts longer. I put down the controller to use the bathroom at a door way when playing solo. I was play exterminate and thought I killed everything in the area so didn't think nothing of leaving the game on while I 'sit down for a few minutes.'

I came back after 5 and saw a heavy gunner casually walking by my cloaked Warframe. I don't know how long I was stealthed but knowing Shade the jerk would of de cloaked me as soon as I picked my controller back up.

I will admit, I would say 3 to 4 of the Sentinels are useful compared to the basically 2 Kubrows that I actually see all the time. But comparing Chesa to Carrier? Of course Carrier is going to win. But at least you can revive Kubrows.

And at least Huras actually kills enemies above lvl 80 with little investment. You don't have to give it your best rifle/shot gun mods for Huras to one shot heavy gunners.

My only issue with Kubrows is upkeep is too expensive and too risky. I feel it should never drop below 20% or something, they shouldn't be able to just permanently die, this isn't Darksouls Nightmare mode or w/e, it's a normal F2P online game. 

My only issue with Kubrows is upkeep is too expensive and too risky. I feel it should never drop below 20% or something, they shouldn't be able to just permanently die, this isn't Darksouls Nightmare mode or w/e, it's a normal F2P online game. 

The upkeep is not expensive at all. Just some credits. Do one mission and you are good for another two weeks. Not in the game for a while? put the kubrow in stasis! And it is not like it is perma death if it dies once in a game, the loyalty just goes down. and is easy to get back up with a few interactions. People are really too afraid for a tiny bit of investment...

Kubrows generally do not perma die unless that is your intention like before the consign to the lotus stuff.

Compared to carrier, yeah carrier has more utility. Now compare Kubrows with say... Deathmachine (crickets). Deathmachine anyone?(crickets) C'mon it Deathmachine! (crickets)

Honestly, Sentinels and Kubrows can only be compared like this: Chesa vs Carrier, Huras vs Shade and so on.

Oh, and if you think kubrows don't attack, clearly you don't pay attention to them, i.e.: Huras has that lunge attack that shakes the screen, it can one-shot bombard in T4 in the 45min mark when the kubrow is fully upgraded with COMBAT mods (my furball can't open a locker to save his life, but I'm more squishy than my frame and I play Ash Prime, not known for being squishy) which require like 8 forma and the reactor,, BUT he also melee enemies with his paws and deals very high damage. Now, Carrier is very effective, but if you want it to be useful in combat and not just for Vacum, you need to Forma and supercharge the Sentinel AND his weapon which in the end will cost you more than a single Kubrow (the real cost of the kubrow is obtaining and upgrading all his mods).

yes forma the sweeper is expensive but considering i can use that same weapon on every sentinel i consider that cheaper than having to forma each kubrow 8 times

i really like my kubrows but they are so stooopid (bad ai) they get to chill in the freezer :) i have one of each breed potatoed but meeh theyr mostly stuck under stairs or fall down some pit if i take them  with me, so kinda w8isted slot.

i wish they would be smart as my robot buddies :(

ps raksa and huras kinda work tho others need a buff and all need better ai 

Edited by Mathemagics

yes forma the sweeper is expensive but considering i can use that same weapon on every sentinel i consider that cheaper than having to forma each kubrow 8 times

Well... thats reasonable for breeders who like to have one of each breed. I have only one Kubrow, raised the other breeds for the mastery then consigned them to the Lotus, I just wanted a Huras, and my first (and only) Kubrow resulted in a beautiful Huras, I named him Bruno in memory of my childhood pet and I'm attached to him. That is another reason Kubrows are above sentinels, it's harder to care for the Sentinel since you don't see it interacting with the medium, sure it can shoot and vacum loot, but it just floats there, meanwhile you actually see the kubrow running around, finding his way, getting stuck and running wildly in an attempt to catch up with her/his master (which is kinda cute) and engaging the enemy. I wish DE added more interactions (both in the Liset and on the field) and better AI for the furballs.

i disagree with that kubrows are stronger and tankier yet totaly different (range survivabilty)

so

current status kubrows: usefullness 6/10

looks 9/10

coolnes factor 10/10

sentinels are:                 usefullness 8/10

looks  4/10

coolness 7/10

This one is more accurate especially since the "usefullness" dies around 50 mins if its carrier.

thats the point i expected Chesa to be equal to carrier and the x5 damage is a joke since a kubrow hardly decides to attack if ever honestly if i was to compare the amount of kills between my carrier and Chesa in 1 mission carrier out preforms it hands down even on damage out put 

no no they do attack. you stuck on BECAUSE CARRIER SHOOTS ALOT MORE ITS MORE DPS mentality. the thing about kubrows is they are late game companion they are mele only so they have to actually run into them while staying with in your range so by the time the dog attacks you killed it then it immediately searches out a new one and it starts to loop until the enemies doesn't die as easily THEN that's when its starts to shine brighter than carrier..especially since that about the time carrier gets sneezed on and dies lol.

Edited by (PS4)wonderwoman814

Well... thats reasonable for breeders who like to have one of each breed. I have only one Kubrow, raised the other breeds for the mastery then consigned them to the Lotus, I just wanted a Huras, and my first (and only) Kubrow resulted in a beautiful Huras, I named him Bruno in memory of my childhood pet and I'm attached to him. That is another reason Kubrows are above sentinels, it's harder to care for the Sentinel since you don't see it interacting with the medium, sure it can shoot and vacum loot, but it just floats there, meanwhile you actually see the kubrow running around, finding his way, getting stuck and running wildly in an attempt to catch up with her/his master (which is kinda cute) and engaging the enemy. I wish DE added more interactions (both in the Liset and on the field) and better AI for the furballs.

i have to agree with the forma part carrier is cheaper in that area :C.

Sentinels are better because:

-No bullS#&$ interaction/loyalty mechanics.

-No bullS#&$ health decay mechanics.

-I can swap between Shade and Diriga instantly if the next mission demands it.

-Sentinels don't get stuck on terrain.

-Ranged attacks.

-Weapons which aren't restricted to slash damage type.

-Weapons which have useful procs and CC capabilities.

-When you build a sentinel, you get exactly the one which you built. No bullS#&$ gambling mechanics when attempting to get a new one (I don't have a chesa and I don't care to throw away weeks of my time trying to get one).

Edited by DoomFruit

I didn’t get into breeding them at the suggested quest timeline, and put it off until I was ready.

Now I have one of each breed save for the Chesa and Huras. Good to know Huras stealth lasts longer than my Shade does. (I have not set aside time to farm an egg since getting my second Raska. Sold my first kubrow, which was Raska, back to the Lotus.)

I like my existing roster of kubrows. They each have a use, and I don’t compare them or judge them against their robotic counterparts (sentinels), which have their place in my arsenal and are used often as well. (I got a Wyrm first and ran with that for quite some time before getting a kubrow and then different sentinels.)

My favorite would be my Sahasa, as she is the most useful to me when I am out of energy restores, haven’t done a run for resources, or simply forget to craft and bring them—or even just forget to load them in gear. She’s also plenty aggressive (they all are due to mods) so long as I tend to her.

I set aside resources to keep my roster of kubrows healthy and strong, and even prioritize ranking up their mods, potatoing them, and formaing them over my warframes if I can help it. (And no, I’m not a dog person.)

So, yeah, I like investing in them. When they get stuck, I usually run far enough to unstuck them, which teleports them back to me. That said, their AI can be stupid, yes, but uh...as I understand it, dogs are often stupid. What do Tenno think they have? Cats?