Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Art Theft

VexPrime

I'm really don't know where should I write, but my art pice was stolen by... Wikia fantasy food!

Look:

suaehKf.jpg

and this is my piece

MKawWrN.png

It was a bit redrawn but it's deffinetly my source image.... I'm so confused

Edited by VexPrime

sue them for theft of intellectual property

Seeing as they don't own the property that the art is based on (Warframe), I'm pretty sure they can't. Because it's not theirs. Honestly, the vast majority of fanart actually goes against copyrights, but you never see companies do anything because 1) Fanart brings more attention to their product, which results in more potential customers, and 2) If they shut down folks just for doing fanart of something they liked, their popularity would plummet. If you ever see folks vending art at conventions, they're often required to have a portion of their wares be 100% original content not based on anything -- because of copyrights.

If it was something like someone using official art albeit slightly modified, and DE sued them, that'd be different.

Edited by Vargras

judging by the red light thingy and the rivets, the first image is from the side of a truck? as in, fantasy food wiki actually printed this on the side of a truck IRL? IDK about the specifics of where/how the image was used, but if it was used for promotional or advertising purposes, that might be a problem.

If they made some sort of profit or gain from this, and if DE didn't give permission for them to use Excalibur for promotional purposes, then they would have grounds to sue. But if DE did give permission or if it's just fanart without any profit or gain, well, i don't know what to say but you're SOL, you'd have to take it up with the Fantasy Food Wiki.

I'm with you though, that resemblance is uncanny.

You might want to hold off because first off it's not the same as your thinking it. To be the same he would have had to duplicate the colors as well as blow up your drawing and paste it on the vehicle. What your seeing is someone who probably saw your pose and liked it and used it as a base for his drawing. If you look on the chest area it's missing many lines and colors that were on yours. As an artist your going to tell me you have never googled poses to get a idea how a person or Warframe might move, artist do this all the time to get inspiration. So did duplicate your drawing, he did not like I said if anything he might have just saw your pose and liked it. Copyright law states if something is at least 10% different from the original it is not considered a duplicate of the work.

You might want to hold off because first off it's not the same as your thinking it. To be the same he would have had to duplicate the colors as well as blow up your drawing and paste it on the vehicle. What your seeing is someone who probably saw your pose and liked it and used it as a base for his drawing. If you look on the chest area it's missing many lines and colors that were on yours. As an artist your going to tell me you have never googled poses to get a idea how a person or Warframe might move, artist do this all the time to get inspiration. So did duplicate your drawing, he did not like I said if anything he might have just saw your pose and liked it. Copyright law states if something is at least 10% different from the original it is not considered a duplicate of the work.

Look, I'm not gonna sue them or something, because I have few reasons for that: I'm in university now, so I can't leave. I don't live in US, and since I'm a student I don't have enough money to go to US and clear this situation in court or something... If they just asked me, I'd be so happy to allow them use my picture, but they didn't. They took it shady. All I need now is their public apology, or even private.