Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Storage Containers Are Impractical And Improbable To Find.

Xamuswing

There isn't a solid reason to get Rare storage containers besides the pre-built parts and Mantis blueprints that can be obtained. They are extremely rare and are almost never worth the grind. If one is found, on the off chance that happens, it usually gives a reward that can either be obtained easily in the clan Dojo or just bought in the market, example, obtaining a Bo blueprint from a Corpus storage container.

So far, the only rare storage containers that can be "farmed" are the Grineer ones that exist in the Trials. Even then, they are more likely to not even exist, and if not found on the way are hidden in some extremely impractical place, life the top area of spawn during Hijack. There isn't a solid way to hunt for the other containers besides run exterminate or capture a bunch of times. It's more reliable to search for the Orokin Vaults and keep the Rare containers as an after thought.

Let's also discuss rewards. So far, the best rewards out of these containers are the Mantis parts, but they're impossible for the average player to get, especially the Engines or Avionics. Because of the drastic dilution of their drop tables, you're more likely to get a blueprint for the mantis itself than for one of it's parts. The blueprint can just be bought in the marketplace anyway with the change mostly just being cosmetic. The landing craft segment is decent, but not really worth the hunt. The Kuria don't give anything game changing, but can at least be found in designated rooms.

Either the rewards for the Rare containers need to be improved or the means to find them. This borderline lottery system is a tremendous pain to work with. There are even various challenges in the map to reward players for exploring difficult to get to areas, but usually only offer some common containers or closets that drop a few credits. Maybe a new mission mode where level 50-60 enemies spawn, essentially Nightmare+ mode, and they would have a very high chance to spawn Rare containers, like the raids.

Speaking of which, let's not forget the Orokin challenge rooms strewn across the Void. These rooms can give very difficult parkour segments and hard to find treasure rooms that are filled to the brim with containers, but the most these rooms give is credits. This would be fine for something like a T1 challenge, but becomes next to nothing when considering the rewards of just rushing T3-4 missions or even the Derelict challenge rooms.

Have multiple stages to the higher challenge rooms or make someone run 3-4 rooms in a row, but there should be an assured chance to find a rare container at the end of each of these challenges. Maybe where one gets to the end and they have to defeat a mini boss extremely fast and they get a reinforced box. I can guarantee a lot more time will be invested into these missions to get to these boxes.

after a week of playing and religiously searching for the containers to get the parts needed for the mantis, I am now avoiding it like the plague. the contents are there, the game is so-so but getting stuff like these and trying to have fun while doing it and be rewarded is totally unappealing.

The difference having a Mantis will make to my life is so small that I am in no danger of trying to 'farm' rare containers.  I loot the place anyway because I like looking for hidden stuff and gathering a vast hoard of resources.  If in my usual hunting I happen across a rare container and get a Mantis part, cool.  I'll build it if and when I find it but I really don't care if that doesn't happen soon.

I'm MR14 and have found only 2 or 3 of these things. I remember I got a Forma and a 30 or 60 min booster. The second time was in a t3 sab. and boss became invincible somehow after first one died, had to quit. There was a time when I would search known mod drop areas for them, but have long since given up the search, because yea, in a game where farming is almost an objective unto itself, it seems like a very unproductive use of time, compared to how you are rewarded for doing almost any other task. A nightmare+ type mode with a significantly higher appearance rate for these containers would be a good way to do that, maybe a 2nd tier of difficulty/rewards in the derelicts section?

Edited by (PS4)bigras84

Even if it's not guaranteed I'd like a much higher chance of getting a rare container from a loot room. Would actually make them worth doing. Right now Mantis is a cash grab. Very bad move by DE imo.

I've only ever seen 4 throughout my time as a Tenno.

Same here. 1.2k hours. only rares have been in void and raids. No corpus at all. No normal grineer maps. 

Edited by Kolos1001

Helps if you use a headset. I remember so many times during Trials, before Animal Instincts was even out, I found so many of them in the non usual spots, that the people I would be running with... well I suppose some thought of me as a Truffle Seeker, and the Rare Containers being the Truffles. All because I could hear the distinct sound they make.

Actually, now that I think about it, I had 3 corpus rare containers consecutively on sechura runs before.  Stacked up 1 hour and 30 minutes of credit boost!

I also had 2 consecutive reinforced orokin containers, from captures.

IDK maybe RNGesus likes me?

I have 0 complains about rare containers (screw that noise with farming them, just platted up for the mantis) but if you can find a corpus one, well hell thats 75% of the search right there. They are hands down, the rarest of the rare containers, the orokin rare is a close 2nd.

The Grineer is laughably easy to find.

having Rare Pots spawn all the time defeats their own existence and also infringes on Monetization.

the ones in the Raid are already doing so to some point, but since you need to complete the Mission to get what it dropped, it does enforce that you atleast complete the Raid.

based on my notes, Rare Pots already have a 100% Chance to drop a Booster of some flavor, 100% Chance for a R5 Fusion Core(if not Void), 100% Chance for built Clantech Resource(or Forma if Void, and a seemingly unreliable Chance for a Blueprint to a Weapon.

i will presume that Mantis Parts are included with the Weapon Blueprints, if not replaced, and i would presume made more reliable.

are you going to be able to get it in N time / quickly? certainly not.

however, while the Landing Craft do have some minor functionality, they are pretty much a Cosmetic - meaning you're getting a Cosmetic for free, if you can find the required components to do so.

i don't see any reason to make Rare Pots of either flavor more common - and rather, reasons not to, including Monetization and keeping excitement at finding them.

think of the difference between some Rare Mods. you're not very excited when you pick up a Power Throw, Stablizer, Steady Hands, Reflex Guard, Et Cetera.

though you just might be for a Rare 5 Fusion Core, Quick Thinking, Rage, Firestorm, Et Cetera. you'll perk up more when you pick one of those up, at the very least, whether it's useful to you or not.

if you get something that you know is not rare whatsoever, you won't be interested unless it's your first one.

Edit:

forgot a part, whoops.

now, that being said, it seems a bit strange to me that things like Phaedra Blueprint and Mantis Blueprint are in pools that items you can't get otherwise are.

you can buy these in the Market, so i don't really understand that.

yeah sure, more Credits to sell for, but... meh?

not every word is applicable here, but almost all of them are.

Edited by taiiat

For me I've managed to find 1 rare orokin container (mantis bp) and 2 reinforced grineer containers (mantis fuselage bp).

Only thing I've done extensive grinding for them on is the orokin one.

I don't know if it's been pointed out already but the parts to build the mantis seem to be from the REINFORCED containers. Not the rare ones.

Even if it's not guaranteed I'd like a much higher chance of getting a rare container from a loot room. Would actually make them worth doing. Right now Mantis is a cash grab. Very bad move by DE imo.

Same here. 1.2k hours. only rares have been in void and raids. No corpus at all. No normal grineer maps. 

2.5K hours, and mastery 21, only ever seen 2.

They are honestly, stupidly rare, and make no difference to the game at all.

Hell, the Liset is actually more helpful gameplay wise with the Air support charges, than the mantis anyway.

Do any of you guys play a lot of Loki?

I do, and I wonder if running Invisibility all the time is messing with the container sound... I've found like 6 or 7 so far, but it's typically because of Animal Instinct, not because the sound hint.

Also, it'd be great if hidden rooms or the extraction room had a higher chance for rare containers - in general without all those weird new gamemodes. It's a good way to keep people from rushing.

Edited by Phobonaut

Just because it's rare doesn't mean it has to be (entirely) random. It would be interesting if after looting x amount of lockers and crates the Rare/Reinforced crate is guaranteed to spawn in your next mission. It would add a bit more incentive to actually taking the time to search the map and loot stuff since you're guaranteed something nice for your troubles as opposed to it being up to pure chance.

(Of course they could also continue to spawn randomly as well).

The mantis parts should be available from more then the rare containers.  Even a player starting this game next year would probably not find the parts for at least a year with how rare the containers are.  The value of the Mantis is so low that it should not be that rare of a find.

The mantis parts should probably also be possible from spy missions and perhaps in place of some of the mods from archwing defense rewards, still kept kind of rare, but bring the time down from 100 mission grind down to about 40 missions or less of decent play.

"Parcour rooms" should have greater chance to spawn "Reinforced orokin container" as a reward.  

Especially "Upward stream" room and "3 rewards" room .

Im totally sure that currently they simply cant spawn there. Correct me if im wrong.

I don't mind how rare they are, if it was easier to locate them when they spawn.

Rare crates, syndicate medallions, and the rarity of mods need to have different colors for their map/minimap icons.  This would solve a LOT of problems.

For example, I do not want to slow the mission down by breaking every single regular crate just to clear up my minimap enough to locate medallions.  But hell will freeze over before I go to extraction without them.  This would be SO much easier if the icons for them were another color, like cyan.

The same would be helpful for mods.  Mod icons should match the color of the rarity of the mod.  Why this isn't done already I cannot understand.

But that's it.  That's really all this needs.  Better minimap icons solves several of these issues at once.

• 4 weeks later...

There isn't a solid reason to get Rare storage containers besides the pre-built parts and Mantis blueprints that can be obtained. They are extremely rare and are almost never worth the grind. If one is found, on the off chance that happens, it usually gives a reward that can either be obtained easily in the clan Dojo or just bought in the market, example, obtaining a Bo blueprint from a Corpus storage container.

So far, the only rare storage containers that can be "farmed" are the Grineer ones that exist in the Trials. Even then, they are more likely to not even exist, and if not found on the way are hidden in some extremely impractical place, life the top area of spawn during Hijack. There isn't a solid way to hunt for the other containers besides run exterminate or capture a bunch of times. It's more reliable to search for the Orokin Vaults and keep the Rare containers as an after thought.

Let's also discuss rewards. So far, the best rewards out of these containers are the Mantis parts, but they're impossible for the average player to get, especially the Engines or Avionics. Because of the drastic dilution of their drop tables, you're more likely to get a blueprint for the mantis itself than for one of it's parts. The blueprint can just be bought in the marketplace anyway with the change mostly just being cosmetic. The landing craft segment is decent, but not really worth the hunt. The Kuria don't give anything game changing, but can at least be found in designated rooms.

Either the rewards for the Rare containers need to be improved or the means to find them. This borderline lottery system is a tremendous pain to work with. There are even various challenges in the map to reward players for exploring difficult to get to areas, but usually only offer some common containers or closets that drop a few credits. Maybe a new mission mode where level 50-60 enemies spawn, essentially Nightmare+ mode, and they would have a very high chance to spawn Rare containers, like the raids.

Speaking of which, let's not forget the Orokin challenge rooms strewn across the Void. These rooms can give very difficult parkour segments and hard to find treasure rooms that are filled to the brim with containers, but the most these rooms give is credits. This would be fine for something like a T1 challenge, but becomes next to nothing when considering the rewards of just rushing T3-4 missions or even the Derelict challenge rooms.

Have multiple stages to the higher challenge rooms or make someone run 3-4 rooms in a row, but there should be an assured chance to find a rare container at the end of each of these challenges. Maybe where one gets to the end and they have to defeat a mini boss extremely fast and they get a reinforced box. I can guarantee a lot more time will be invested into these missions to get to these boxes.

Suggest