Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need More Or Less Of D Polarities?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Weapons are still coming with D polarities and, excluding syndicate mods, there are only 2 mod that have a D polarity (one being useless).

I'm suggesting that we either stop releasing weapons with a D (especially in the first slot) or add some more D polarity mods. Buffing the status chance mods from 20% to 60% wouldn't hurt either.

Edit: I forgot to suggest changing cold mods to "-" so they match the other elemental mods (even the dual stat mods are all "v"s)

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

Really tired of getting the D, yeah. I wouldn't mind as much if they just gave us the finger (-).

Buffing the status chance mods from 20% to 60% wouldn't hurt either.

Considering that they take up a slot that could have been used for roflmoardamage, I'd say 100%... but hey Mods 3.0 right?

Removing an entire polarity?

Nope.

Adding interesting D-type mods?

All my yes.

Would reconverting some of those embarassing "+Status Chance %" mods into "+Base Status Chance %" make them at least borderline interesting?

I'm not suggesting getting rid of the polarity entirely, just stop releasing weapons with that polarity (especially in the first slot). If the status mods really changed the base % and were affected by dual stat mods, I'm all for it. If it work like the supra's +20% status, which is not affected by dual stat mods) I wouldn't use it much.

Just forma'd another one off last night on the Telos Boltor.  

If normal weapons had more elemental mods with the D-polarity, it'd be a positive. Since only one--arguably the least useful one--does, it's just a flag that says: this needs to be removed first.

This topic again.

It's not hurting anyone in any way. Why complain?

It does hurt, that is the point. Only on melee weapons it is less of a chore! On primaries and secondaries it limits your choices and makes certain builds impossible unless you invest another forma and get rid of it. It is DE's trolling device since they know exactly how useless the polarity is due to lack of mods with that polarity in general and yet they keep on releasing weapons with it. Trolling nothing more nothing less! It also means you have to waste another forma if you seriously consider to use the weapon in most cases.  

Example: Primaries have exactly 1 mod that is useful but not viable all the time so how is a polarity that has only 1 useful mod not hurting the diversity of modding? 

Edited by Numbsky1

It does hurt, that is the point. Only on melee weapons it is less of a chore! On primaries and secondaries it limits your choices and makes certain builds impossible unless you invest another forma and get rid of it. It is DE's trolling device since they know exactly how useless the polarity is due to lack of mods with that polarity in general and yet they keep on releasing weapons with it. Trolling nothing more nothing less! It also means you have to waste another forma if you seriously consider to use the weapon in most cases.  

Example: Primaries have exactly 1 mod that is useful but not viable all the time so how is a polarity that has only 1 useful mod not hurting the diversity of modding? 

Sigh.

Primary and secondary weapons simply do not have enough mod capacity to use all eight mod slots without a Forma anyways unless you are deliberately using severely under-leveled mods. As such, there is no harm in leaving the D-polarity mod slot blank because you are going to end up with at least one blank mod slot anyways.

When you finally get around to using Formas on your equipment, there is no difference between applying the first Forma to an unpolarized slot and applying the first Forma to a D-polarity slot. In both cases, you are giving a use to a previously unused mod slot. It doesn't matter what the slot used to be because you weren't previously using it.

It doesn't hurt you at all for the D-polarity slot to exist. It didn't cost you anything to put it there; it doesn't cost you to anything to leave it there; it won't cost you anything extra to trade it out for something that you will use.

Edited by Inarticulate

This topic again.

It's not hurting anyone in any way. Why complain?

It... hurts everyone who gets one of the many weapons that have a D polarity by default, though. That's why people complain about it.

Part of me thinks that is clever, but the other part has a headache from facepalming too hard.

I win either way!

Sigh.

Primary and secondary weapons simply do not have enough mod capacity to use all eight mod slots without a Forma anyways unless you are deliberately using severely under-leveled mods. As such, there is no harm in leaving the D-polarity mod slot blank because you are going to end up with at least one blank mod slot anyways.

When you finally get around to using Formas on your equipment, there is no difference between applying the first Forma to an unpolarized slot and applying the first Forma to a D-polarity slot. In both cases, you are giving a use to a previously unused mod slot. It doesn't matter what the slot used to be because you weren't previously using it.

It doesn't hurt you at all for the D-polarity slot to exist. It didn't cost you anything to put it there; it doesn't cost you to anything to leave it there; it won't cost you anything extra to trade it out for something that you will use.

Picard_Facepalm_640x480.jpg

I know I should be expecting this level of closed-mindedness on the internet, but it still never ceases to... impress... me.

I'll use the Sonicor as an example because that's the first weapon I can think of with a D polarity (and only a D polarity). And because some people just don't have any intention of trying to understand until they are shown.

At Rank 30 with a Potato and no Forma, your build might look something like this:

- Empty D polarity (0)

- Hornet Strike (14)

- Barrel Diffusion (11)

- Lethal Torrent (11)

- Jolt (7)

- Pistol Pestilence (7)

- Frostbite (7)

- Empty unpolarized (0)

This results in 3/60 mod capacity remaining and two unused mod slots. If the Sonicor didn't have the innate D polarity, your mod configuration would not be any different.

As a side note, the extra D polarity actually gives you additional options against Corpus or with Viral damage builds, so this is actually an advantage:

- Deep Freeze on D polarity (6)

- Hornet Strike (14)

- Barrel Diffusion (11)

- Lethal Torrent (11)

- Jolt (7)

- Pathogen Rounds (11)

- Empty unpolarized (0)

- Empty unpolarized (0)

Now, you use your first Forma to mod out the D polarity and switch it to a V polarity. Note that this is exactly what your weapon would look like with one Forma if it started with no polarized slots at all. Your build might look like this now:

- Hornet Strike on V polarity (7)

- Barrel Diffusion (11)

- Lethal Torrent (11)

- Jolt (7)

- Pistol Pestilence (7)

- Scorch (7)

- Frostbite (7)

- Empty unpolarized (0)

This results in 3/60 mod capacity remaining and one unused mod slot. Do you know what this means? It means it would actually have been advantageous to keep the D polarity (at least for your first Forma) and polarize a previously unpolarized slot because you could instead be doing this:

- Hornet Strike on V polarity (7)

- Barrel Diffusion (11)

- Lethal Torrent (11)

- Scorch (7)

- Deep Freeze on D polarity (6)

- Convulsion (11)

- Pistol Pestilence (7)

- Empty unpolarized (0)

For any additional Formas you add, your weapon will perform at least as well as a weapon with the same number of Formas, but didn't come with a polarized slot to begin with. My Sonicor right now has four Formas on it and I still haven't gotten rid of the D polarity slot because it is still advantageous to keep it there, though this will obviously depend on the mod configuration you are looking for.

You are not being hurt by an innate D polarity because you aren't being forced to use the slot. Compared to an identical weapon that has no innate polarized slots, you are actually at an advantage up until the point where you use a Forma to switch it to a different polarity, at which point the two weapons will become identical. At no point are you actually at a disadvantage with the weapon that started with a D polarity.

Did I make myself clear?

Yes, I am aware that you will get a bigger advantage by having a V or dash polarity to start with rather than a D polarity, but people need to stop saying that it is a disadvantage to have a D polarity. What actually bugs me are weapons that come with no innate polarity at all because these are the weapons that start farthest behind (from a mod capacity standpoint).

@Inarticulate Having no polarity is actually better than having  D polarity. You can make all kinds of builds and for that you need a certain amount of polarized and non polarized slots. 

Having a D polarity disadvantages because most people use forma to change or get rid of the slot. The inability to relocate pre installed polarties doesn't help either. So yeah I'd rather have a weapon that has no innate polarities at all rather than one that has a D polarity.

What bugs me most is that DE knows most people don't want a innate D polarity. It was even mentioned in one of the hot topics. And yet they keep on releasing it with the knowledge that we have a very limited amount of usefull mods with a D polarity for weapons. Warframes have a large pool of D mods so for them its very usefull. Not on weapons though.

It'd be interesting to see defensive mods for weapons. I can imagine a mod that gives you a bubble shield when you charge your weapon, allowing people with bows and weapons like the Lanka or Opticor to safely make shots. Or a mod that "blocks" incoming fire based on how much bullets or pellets you're pumping out in front of you.