Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Warframe Missing And Need To Follow In "destiny" Footsteps

(PSN)OdinKuro

Warframe doesn't need anything from Destiny.

I agree.  I hear a lot of people on both sides of the spectrum saying that Warframe is what Destiny should have been, etc.  I disagree, as both games are unique and should be left as they are.  As curious as it would be to see a first person Warframe, I love the game how it is.

Warframe is what Desiny should hav-

I agree.  I hear a lot of people on both sides of the spectrum saying that Warframe is what Destiny should have been, etc.  I disagree, as both games are unique and should be left as they are.  As curious as it would be to see a first person Warframe, I love the game how it is.

Oh.

Saying a Game like Warframe Should follow in Destiny's Footsteps is an understatement. Not only is Destiny A cheap Cash grab of a game, but It's very repetitive, not to say Warframe isn't either, and it fails to be what it's meant to be, an actual game, much like the Order 1886. And even more importantly, Why even compare the two when their both different types of Games? Destiny and Warframe are nothing Alike. And, if nothing else. Destiny is more or less a rip off of Gearbox's Borderlands Franchise.

OP doesn't realise that alot of Destiny players are leaving it for other games including Warframe.

Destiny was in the end an over Hyped game that ended up being a shell of what was advertised, all its weapons are reskins of each other with different stats and the grind requirements to even level up past 20 are a joke.

OP doesn't realise that alot of Destiny players are leaving it for other games including Warframe.

Destiny was in the end an over Hyped game that ended up being a shell of what was advertised, all its weapons are reskins of each other with different stats and the grind requirements to even level up past 20 are a joke.

While agree it doesn't live up to the hype, let's not go overboard here.

While yes, common - rare weapons are reskins of eachother, but legendaries and exotics (especially those exotics) are very unique design and stat wise.

Getting from 20 to 40 is nothing. If you start the new Taken King campaign, solo in might add, at the recommended 25, you hit level 38 by the time you beat Oryx. 39 and 40 take maybe 2 days of bounties, assuming you don't go play the game between bounties. There is little grind for levels, only for the powerful gear, which makes sense.

And too the person saying Destiny is a cash grab, yeah, the first year was, but Bungie found a way to appease Activision's lust for profit without sacrificing our wallets through the new emote store, all future CONTENT (read, raids, weapons, quests, etc) will be free content, and the fact you can get the entire year 1 set (base game and 3 dlc) for $60 makes it a great deal for the price now.

Keep in mind, I'm not a Destiny Fan Boy. It certainly needs work, don't get me wrong, but mindless bashing with outdated info and obvious biases is hardly a way to make a point.

Edited by DeejayPwny

To be honest, Destiny is not a good game to strive to be. Yes, Destiny is pretty, and the controls feel very right, but Destiny was also one of the most over-hyped, and falsified games that's come out. If you like Destiny, that's completely fine. Even I log onto it now and again, either with my friends, or just to explore a bit again.

I do think it'd be okay to at least be able to spectate others, or something. An arena wouldn't be very exciting on Warframe though, because of how the combat works, the amount of nukes, AoEs, and status effects we put up.

BUT! But, taking from this, if we need anything that's similar to another game...We need to add a Mad Moxxi's Underdrome kind of thing. An arena mode that adds more and more status effects as time goes on. First few rounds are just one effect, and more are stacked on every few rounds. Can include things like, uh...Melee only, secondary only, vampire, energy drain, no 4. Y'know, things like that. Something dynamic that wouldn't be completely destroyed by some of the overpowered abilities we have.