Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future Of Forma Seems Predictable.

7grims

1 - The upcoming rework of the mod system for weapons.

The objective is making builds more diverse, make the well known mandatory damage mods, unwanted and unneeded.

Nowadays players only forma their weapons to increase damage, hence players only insert more V (madurai) polarities.

After the mod rework is done, players will have tons of unwanted and undesirable V polarities, that will make their weapons incompatible with all the other mods that will become desirable/useful.

And obviously hell will be loose, cause no one will want to re-polarize all their hundreds of weapons, hundreds of times each.

2 - Exilus slots destroyed allot of builds, forcing players to overcharge frames with formas.

Build diversity was killed, so many formas restrain players from being able to try out or use several builds.

Conclave builds compatibility was never a thing, the mods or polaraties you use in PVE arent the same as PVP, so when you forma a frame to optimize it, it becomes less and less compatible with the mods viable or used in PVP. The existence of exilus slots just increased this incompatibility problem.

(I know the the band-aid known as exilus slot also provoked many other problems, but its not worth mentioning for this topic) 

The future of forma:

I believe it will be obvious, the only way to fix all this, is making polarities changeable at any time to any polarity, once a forma as been spent on a slot.

Or is there other ways to fix these issues?

Edited by 7grims

Another solution would be to make Exilus slots have no drain. 

This I would vote on in a instant, other than that however someone once made a very good idea stating that the more forma you place on ONE slot the more polarity that one slot can have. In the end if you spent 4 forma on each slot you'd never have to worry about this and the developers still get people playing for forma not making them obsolete. 

I vote on both these ideas, changing it on the fly just seems.....not right to what we have now.

i've discussed the option of Polarizing allowing to change the Polarity in means of:

N Forma in this Weapon, meaning you can customize N Polarities in any way you like (so 5 Forma means any combination of add subtract or change that equals to 5). the primary benefit of this would be you'd be able to have different Polarity arrangements on the A/B/C tabs (and hopefully atleast D/E/F in the future... and also renaming them) without having to Polarize one piece of Equipment upwards of 20 times, as that is an unrealistic expectation from a Player.

it sounds like a possible option. is it the best option? a good option? idunno, maybe.

ofcourse, talk of it was looking for a way to have different Polarity arrangements between Tabs without requiring Players to invest upwards of 67 Million XP into their piece of Equipment. had nothing to do with removing Mods, but it can help with that too.

Exilus slots destroyed allot of builds

if you want to have all of your Mods plus the optional Utility Slot, there's a cost.

this is to be expected from optional extras.

Edited by taiiat

Another solution would be to make Exilus slots have no drain. 

That would solve the exilus slots, but not the wepon issue we will have.

Think it would be better for utility mods to have no mod points.

That way: You can equip it as soon as u unlock/buy the exilus slot, you could use them wile you have ur frame unranked, new players would have the advantage of using those wile they are punny noobs (cause when ur new its very hard to succeed, the game is so much harder then when u advance)

Either way, I still believe exilus slots were a bad move, 1 slots doesnt create build diversity, when meanwhile all the other slots still have the usual mods. Its just like the mandatory damage mod issue for weapons. (but enough, im diverging)

if you want to have all of your Mods plus the optional Utility Slot, there's a cost.

this is to be expected from optional extras.

Well, DE already touched that topic, kinda.

They have noticed how many players complained and destroyed their build diversity cause of exilus.

There was list of how malign it was, and yet the ability to equip utility mods and allow diversity was rely small.

Bet they are very disappointed on this misstep, and worrying on how to undo this mistake (or maybe not).

I say screw it. This game obviously needs more Forma syncs beyond dojos, clantech, exhilus adapters and maxing weapons and frames. Let us multiforma our slots.

Also, what builds have Exhilus slots destroyed exactly? Every frame I have put one on required at max one additional forma and that went in the slot, changing the diversity of my builds by a whopping nothing. If anything the slot added diversity.

Well, DE already touched that topic, kinda.

They have noticed how many players complained and destroyed their build diversity cause of exilus.

There was list of how malign it was, and yet the ability to equip utility mods and allow diversity was rely small.

Bet they are very disappointed on this misstep, and worrying on how to undo this mistake (or maybe not).

Do you have a source on this?

Edited by xRufus7x

What exactly did exilus slots do to hurt build diversity?

Because it's a crime to expect people to forma once more to fit in rush or a parkour mod. lol.  Yes, it 'break's' builds.  I laugh every time someone says it 'wrecks' builds, imagine what it is like without the extra slot... oh wait, we've had this.

I say screw it. This game obviously needs more Forma syncs beyond dojos, clantech, exhilus adapters and maxing weapons and frames. Let us multiforma our slots.

Also, what builds have Exhilus slots destroyed exactly? Every frame I have put one on required at max one additional forma and that went in the slot, changing the diversity of my builds by a whopping nothing. If anything the slot added diversity.

Do you have a source on this?

Tell me more O' Prophet of Profit.

What exactly did exilus slots do to hurt build diversity?

Exilus slot is completely optional and only expanded on current builds yet you say it destroyed builds.

What am I missing?

For clarification read the latest (don't think it the last) community hot topics.

It isnt only my statement, it so true, it was one of the hot topics.

- more forma, less chance to try different builds

- more forma, less compatible with mods in PVP

- more forma spending, to make the exilus adapter

- more forma spending to re-polarize the frame again to make more mods fit with the exilus

- we have 9 slots, 1 slot for utility isnt a big increase on mod diversity, specially since we always use the same mods over and over on the regular 9 slots.

In rough numbers it was a 10% increase compared to the 90% usual used mods; when there is 50+ frame mods and only 9-13 are the same always used (like redirection, intensify, continuity, etc whatever you use)

The "we won diversity" factor, seems pretty clear and obvious, its very small in comparison to all the bad things it brought.

Edited by 7grims

I was discussing this the other day.

The consensus was, once Forma'd, a slot should be changeable to any polarity without reseting the rank for a basic cost, likely with an Arsenal Upgrade module.

Along the line of 10,000 - 50,000 credits.

Edited by DarkOvion

For clarification read the latest (don't think it the last) community hot topics.

It isnt only my statement, it so true, it was one of the hot topics.

- more forma spending to re-polarize the frame again to make more mods fit with the exilus

- we have 9 slots, 1 slot for utility isnt a big increase on mod diversity, specially since we always use the same mods over and over on the regular 9 slots.

In rough numbers it was a 10% increase compared to the 90% usual used mods; when there is 50+ frame mods and only 9-13 are the same always used (like redirection, intensify, continuity, etc whatever you use)

The "we won diversity" factor, seems pretty clear and obvious, its very small in comparison to all the bad things it brought.

More forma means you can fit MORE into your builds.  Unless you forma EVERY SLOT as a D slot, or one single type of any other you will be heavily compatable and able to take one red (wrong polarity) slot while using alt builds.  You don't need to 're-polarize'  I've had several alt builds that on a frame I've forma'd 5+ times that has a red [incompatable] slot and still works just fine and WITH the excillus slot.

I don't see the issue, really.  People are just fighting far too hard for a 'free' slot.  Can't we just say 'mission accomplished' DE listened, and now we can put mods we WEREN'T GOING TO USE originally... onto our frames?

It's optional.

You don't 'NEED' it.

If you want it?  Forma it a bit more, otherwise ignore it.

The exact quote is " The Exilus slot relates somewhat to our first hot topic because it also affects build diversity. The Exilus slot was often suggested after abilities were initially baked into Warframes."

Seems more like they are implying that it helps not hurts.

A misformad slot costs you 1/3 extra while a correctly formad slot gives you 1/2 off cost. A fully formad frame can easily absorb 2 or more misformad slots.

Also formaing the exhilus slot will have no impact on 95% of pre exhilus slot builds.

Honestly, I don't play enough PVP to be able to comment on this but it isn't really related to the exhilus slots.

How does this destroy build diversity?

Forma the exhilus slot. You now have a net loss of nothing for your original builds.

People were complaining about there being no reason to use these utility mods. Now there is no reason not to use at least one. That is a net gain in diversity, or at least neutral.

Exhilus slots may not have done tons to increase diversity, but they sure didn't hamper it either.

Edited by xRufus7x

On the topic of build diversity: (below I assume you have high level/full-ranked mods)

Generally speaking a warframe needs 3 polarities to fit all full-ranked mods

Generally speaking a warframe needs 5 polarities to make enough points to fit something useful in the Exilus slot.

Specifying 5 polarities is starting to move into impinging on build diversity territory.

The other approach is to specify a dash in the Exilus slot (most useful uitlity mods are - anyway), which leaves 4 polarities specified for the warframe. This is not really restrictive. I've probably softened my stance on this issue because of this option.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of being able to have multiple polarities on a single slot, or just outright condensing polarities into a single type (not necessarily advocating those, just throwing them out there as I've seen people suggest them in the past).

thats not a solution, thats just more grind and leveling added, is like something that DE would come up with.

Getting mighty tired of having to regrind and blow forma whenever they decided to change stuff around. Also when they do 'compensation', DE never ever considers what happens to forma on weapons/frames. They have only given cores; never refund on the credits spent nor compensation for all the forma you gotta change. Indeed it is predictable, when ever these sweeping changes come I know I will have to spend lots of plat and grind like a dog just to adapt. Excuse me if I don't get excited.

Edited by fizbit

This is exactly why I never go "full build". I stop where others invest another 1-2 forma because I know change is coming. You all know change is coming, yet you continue to max your guns.

Why? So you can kill that level 60 Heavy Gunner with 20 bullets instead of 30?

Don't get mad when DE makes the game better if you know it's coming, and yet still throw away your resources.

"I woulda saved my plat if I knew DE was going to make better cosmetics later"

-Buyer B. Ware

in comparison to all the bad things it brought.

which was... very little.

the 10 Rank Parkour Mods are extremely unnecessary, i blame those Mods for that, not the entire rest of the game.

any 'reasonable' Utility Mod (meaning 9pts or less) fits into just about any strange Loadout as long as you Polarize the Slots that will always have Mods of that Polarity in.

which is what people don't understand about Polarizing Warframes - if you want flexibility, ignore the most expensive Mods. you add Polarities so the maximum number of Polarities which will always be present in the Mods you're using will always be sitting on the right polarity.

that's how you end up with tons of points sitting around and be flexible.

as a prime example, on N Warframe i have 6/8 of the Mod Slots polarized, plus Utility Polarized because all of the Utility Mods i might ever use are Dash Polarity.

Aura is mismatched, so only gives 5 points.

with 9 slots + Aura, i have 6 points left over. i could have a lot more if i didn't mismatch Aura Polarity. but i don't need to care, because the Polarities i have on the Warframe cover any Mod Loadout i might use because i'll always have atleast 2 Dash Mods, atleast 1 D Mod, atleast 1 V Mod, Et Cetera.

which then, funny, that. my Polarities are done correctly, and that means i can even put Mods on mismatched polarities and still have plenty of points.

what bad did the Slot bring? nothing. 10 Rank Mods for that slot, though? those have no reason to exist in the first place. the effects the Mods give are not very significant either, so that's a lot of Investment to get very little back out.