Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Long Handled Scythe

Duhktape

Something i have been waiting for for ages ;w;

Well it's not like we have to keep things "normal" in Warframe when we have a Jetpowered Hammer, a Greatsword you can swing like it weighs less than a stick and Fist weapons that amke you breakdance xD

I was not saying that it need to be normal, i was just questioning what he considers as normal

Indeed.

All our current scythes are pretty much sickles, and should be called as such. Like gosh dang I was so disappointed when I saw how short they were when they got introduced.

Either a new family of melee weapons that are full length scythes, or convert existing ones to it.

not even sickles. they are pickaxes. not really made for combat(with these stances >.<) and also look a bit like pickaxes too.

anime people all the way

i like animes too but jeez leave that S#&$ out of here ffs

Why? This isn't a RL combat sim. We're already flinging space magic around and have guns you stroke off to fire.

Just go with it.

a9c251773c6103b29aca323136a96b51.jpg

Again it's about what DE is able to make,

How is it not doable? Ridiged portions linked with flexible connections. They've already achieved the basic concept with nunchaku weapons. This would just be taking it a few steps further. Or even more simply, cut some corners and simplify several of the segments into a single flexible segment, with only a few rigid pivot points between, like they do with sydanas.

Edited by Ryme

Just tell me one thing: How are you going to put this on your back?

Reply is as below.

"How would you put that on your back?"

Galatine clips through the damn floor, so don't give me that.

If we can have greatswords, which as other people have pointed out, we can swing around like a stick and is long enough that it clips through the ground, it's not too much to ask for a, well. Let's call it a 'Great Scythe'. I'd like one. It doesn't seem too much to ask for considering the things we have Ingame right now.

Also we have other just as un-realistic melee weapons in game. Long scythes isn't too out of left field.

Edited by SJunior

Just tell me one thing: How are you going to put this on your back?

Maybe it can fold up.

Though really scythes are overrated and in RL would be a piss poor choice to use in a fight unless you got attacked by bandits while farming with it,  of course this is a game about crazy space ninjas so realism goes out the window.

Even at that though, if we get a scythe I would much rather get a warscythe which is more of an ax/halberd type thing

ok so, let's re-cap

we already have normal farming scythes (sickles)

we need one of those long anime scythes (which i will call great-scythes from now on)

we also need a chain-sickle weapon

and a flexible scythe? (which i think is just a whip with a blade on the end) doesn't that already exist?

ok so, let's re-cap

we already have normal farming scythes (sickles)

we need one of those long anime scythes (which i will call great-scythes from now on)

we also need a chain-sickle weapon

and a flexible scythe? (which i think is just a whip with a blade on the end) doesn't that already exist?

You forgot to add a gun-scythe. Ooh, and how about dual gun-sickles?

If we can have greatswords, which as other people have pointed out, we can swing around like a stick and is long enough that it clips through the ground, it's not too much to ask for a, well. Let's call it a 'Great Scythe'. I'd like one. It doesn't seem too much to ask for considering the things we have Ingame right now.

Only problem is greatswords actually existed, and people irl can swing them around(not as quickly mind you) without problem.

What a couple people in this thread are misunderstanding is that realistic=/=believable.

Space ninjas are not realistic, but in the context of Warframe they are believable

My personal opinion is that "anime size" scythes are not believable for Warframe's setting. I just find it hard to believe a Tenno could swing around a blade as tall as themselves while it is at the end of an even longer pole. The proportions are just out of whack.