Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Rumor]More Chinese Themed Warframe Coming

akira_him

Well DE is now a Chinese owned company so.... It's not surprising.

I'm fine with a Chinese themed frame but if half of the frames coming out are going to be Chinese themed I think the game will have a different feel.

Huh? I thought it was a branch-off of DE. where they had a seperate crew to work on warframe.

I don't think this is a problem, in fact, while I like the designs of Excalibur, Rhino, Frost, and especially Oberon more; the Wukong design shown earlier seems fine and I am sure the Chinese mythology warframes will cater to an audience of players just as our already existing warframes currently do. The only real problem would be if the new warframes disrupted the lore of the game and that isn't probably an issue at least not yet, with so much background not yet set in stone.

Except all of those are in name-only, not total utter replicas of certain characters.

Except Excalibur isn't. The myths of the sword says it has various abilities , that Arthur drew the sword for battle for the first time and it blinded everyone as if looking into 30 torches (Radial Blind and Exalted Blade). The fact he draws the blade from a sheath (his body) etc. Yeah no. Vauban the real man was a trapper as well, what does our Vauban do? Banshees are known for their loud glass shattering screams. Supernatural shows changed them from mourners to killers that the sound of their wails would kill you, Banshee kills with sound doesn't she? Loki was known as a trickster, a deceiver, isn't his abilities all in that vain? Only one who's name doesn't truly match their abilities and what their namesake could potentially so is Valkyr.

Warframe:

1) Make a frame.

2) Have players name it based on what its abilities do.

Chinaframe:

1) Name a frame.

2) Give it abilities based on what the person it was named after could do.

Fixed it for you. I love hope people always point to frames like Atlas as obviously the Devs have all western frames (ignoring the arguement that China =/= All of the East) but in reality, other than many of the original frames Fans named the frames. Fans put forth ideas, the Devs pick a bunch, then fans vote on their favorite from the batch. There have been plenty of other suggestions players have made that aren't western, or mythology based, same with the voting. Players just vote on it to decide, (I didn't pick Atlas personally, but majority rules)

Hahaha most of the replies are " its lore breaking ".

Well the question is.... is there actually any lore at all? Nothing is set in stone, sure the frames from China are created from existing figures. Is that really a problem? Were getting them. Still separate from Star Armor. And think it this way. If we don't get any work from Star Armor, then we will get people complaining about it. So how about we just receive it happily and stop complaining about non sense.

It's like you entirely missed the point that has been repeated over and over again. A warframe is designed, given a set of abilities and then it's given a reference name based on what it's abilities do.

Chinaframes are literally characters turned warframes, no common theme to follow, they are literally designed after their name. What makes people upset is the unoriginality that comes from DE not even trying to at the very least make it seem like the powers have any relation to each other, literally just slapping together comepletely different and unrelated powers and calling it a day.

I don't understand, we have at least 10 frames with god/mythology names, and now they'll put a chinese one it's bad ? xD

Some posts above you have an answer, reading helps a lot y'know?

Fixed it for you. I love hope people always point to frames like Atlas as obviously the Devs have all western frames (ignoring the arguement that China =/= All of the East) but in reality, other than many of the original frames Fans named the frames. Fans put forth ideas, the Devs pick a bunch, then fans vote on their favorite from the batch. There have been plenty of other suggestions players have made that aren't western, or mythology based, same with the voting. Players just vote on it to decide, (I didn't pick Atlas personally, but majority rules)

I didn't know 2 warframes out of the whole (with lots of release time apart) bunch suddendly counted as many.

They are only doing Chinese lore Warframes, I dont know if thats a good or a bad thing. On one side: more Warframes, on flipside: possible lack of imagination.

Pretty much my point. I don't mind them having frames that make a more.... direct reference to their namesake, but what we have now is quite more than that.

Hell now that I think about it DE original frames and chinaframes will surely stand out from each other once they come into the global build.

Hell now that I think about it DE original frames and chinaframes will surely stand out from each other once they come into the global build.

they will for sure

all the original frames have a distinct look/feels to them where the china frames just don't have it as much and end up looking like reused parts

it doesn't help that the abilities look like they're going to be reused abilities as well

here are your good frames and here are the knock offs that are recycled from the good frames

that's how I'll be stuck seeing the china frames, which sucks

so panda frame is next?

DE could just rename them for the global build. Again, there's nothing particularly "Chinese" about them aside from their names.

Wrong. Wukong powers are all based on the "Journey to the West".

And from the looks of it, Nezah will be the same.

That is your argument? You do realize that can be picked apart with every Warframe, right? The Void is a place where "science and reason failed".

To humor your question with some reasoning:

1. Channel Void energy to boost melee.

2. Channel Void energy into the Warframe to do his radial knockdown ability.

3. Channel Void energy to dissolve into a gaseous state.

4. Channel Void energy into his built-in staff to expand it's width and make it into an energy pole.

You might as well admit that nothing about the chinese Warframes break lore. It seems like you and some people are just being prejudice.

I personally don't dislike them because they are "lorebreaking." I dislike them because they're uninspired by design. I merely was playing Devil's advocate for why they could be lorebreaking.

Refer to my last post for my feelings on the matter. 

Except all of those are in name-only, not total utter replicas of certain characters.

Short and rather incorrect version of Nezhas legend.

According to the legend Nezha beat some dragon king dude and his sons. After that his hometown was threatend with destruction if he did not kill himself and so he killed himself.

His mother built a shrine for him, his father destroyed it.

Nezha was then revived by some dude and Nezha killed his dad for destroying the shrine.

Makes a grat skillset right?

His skills would probably look like this

1: beat up some guys

2: kill yourself

3: get revived

4: kill your father

Short and rather incorrect version of Nezhas legend.

According to the legend Nezha beat some dragon king dude and his sons. After that his hometown was threatend with destruction if he did not kill himself and so he killed himself.

His mother built a shrine for him, his father destroyed it.

Nezha was then revived by some dude and Nezha killed his dad for destroying the shrine.

Makes a grat skillset right?

His skills would probably look like this

1: beat up some guys

2: kill yourself

3: get revived

4: kill your father

By that logic Loki would have

1: Turn into horse

2: Give birth to 8 legged horse (Sleppener, the mount of Odin)

3: be chained at root of the world with own entrails and a serpant dripping venom into his eyes

4: Unleash fimbrulwinter seeing in ragnerok.

I have no problems with tapping the chinese mythos for inspiration because unlike the Egyptian, Norse, anf greco-roman myths its a seam that hasn;t been utterly played out to a western audience.