Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Prime Nerf Please. Specifically, World On Fire.

Djolltax

So ok here's the argument again. a Co-op game also known as a Cooperative game where everyone is there to attain one goal. We all finished the mission, we all got the same loot, we all don't need to be the one with the most kills, damage, headshots, etc to be special. So again WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.

This isn't the NBA where you get payed your on your contract no matter what, so letting the MVP do all the work doesn't matter. This is a, THIRD PERSON ACTION SHOOTER. That means there should be tension, excitement, and action. Not, enter room, guy next to it nukes it, enter next room guy next to you nukes it.

Don't get me wrong, we all applaud your modding skills and tactical genius. Everyone does. Noamuth, tell he/she how impressed we are. Doesn't mean that everyone enjoys watching somebody nuke spam the mission into irrelevance. Fun, not just end game rewards is the goal for many, hopefully most here.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

This isn't the NBA where you get payed your on your contract no matter what, so letting the MVP do all the work doesn't matter. This is a, THIRD PERSON ACTION SHOOTER. That means there should be tension, excitement, and action. Not, enter room, guy next to it nukes it, enter next room guy next to you nukes it.

Then obviously it isnt my playstyle that's the problem it's the difficulty of the game itself. SO what do you want me to do, every game I go into ask "Ok who here minds if I have better stuff than you?"

Then obviously it isnt my playstyle that's the problem it's the difficulty of the game itself. SO what do you want me to do, every game I go into ask "Ok who here minds if I have better stuff than you?"

We all have this stuff, dude. All of us. Try challenging yourself in different ways. There is more than one way to skin a cat and it isn't alway the obvious min/max. 

Welp...

Why not just Remove Ember from the game.

Nah, no point in that. Its a skill and joy issue. Yes you got the skills to farm powerful mods and fuse them all the way up. Congrats now you can face tank King Kong. Go to a lower level and those who don't have those mods aren't going to keep up at all, and they aren't going to be writing you love letter because you mopped the floor for them. Take away all the tension and excitement from the game and its no fun. Your kinda doing that to yourself, by the way, just saying.

Don't get me wrong, we all applaud your modding skills and tactical genius. Everyone does. Noamuth, tell he/she how impressed we are. Doesn't mean that everyone enjoys watching somebody nuke spam the mission into irrelevance. Fun, not just end game rewards is the goal more many, hopefully most here.

Oh yeah, I love being able to AFK during a mission and not bother playing when there's a rabid nuker on my team.

It's so much fun, I even PM'd half the DE's demanding Mesa's ult get reverted.

You're half right and half wrong.

Your playstyle is to go into public matches, flip the bird to anyone else on the team and do your own thing.  

The game itself is flawed and needs to be improved - heavens yes.  But now you're using that to justify being one of the most complained about player types.

How you play - is fun to you.  I'm not telling you to play any differently.  What I am saying is that how you play is causing problems for other players.

Edited by Noamuth

No, go solo.

Those of us who want to play the game with others without having the content steamrolled can do so.

You continue cheesing the matches without bothering anyone.

Everyone wins.

I'm gonna just drop by to say what everyone has been avoiding.

I myself, like many others, choose to join public games, for no absolute reason, (for me it's only for invasions) is so that we can join in on the mission half done, or 25% complete. 

It just makes things so much easier when the mission is already underway skipping way past the part when we drop down from the vents.

Also, if it is an endless mission, I also choose to join public matches, because an extra pair of eyes, no matter who they belong to, is useful and comforting.

Does that explain it?

Ok, go!

Edited by YasaiTsume

No, go solo.

Those of us who want to play the game with others without having the content steamrolled can do so.

Everyone wins.

I'm not usually the one trying to play peacemaker, but I smell moderator coming. This shouldn't feel this hostile. Toes are being stepped on, and precise things are being threatened. I am more concerned with how passive and boring something really cool became after like a day, Ember rework, the power scale and lower level issue is applicable systemically with different frames and even weapons. So, this is a bigger issue overall. 

This game easily lets you feel like a god, but when that feeling is denied to others, and the answer is just get good scrub, that isn't really fair. They can't get good that fast without bypassing what little feeling of progression this game has to offer, and then all they do is get bored. There has to be a better middle ground.

I'm not usually the one trying to play peacemaker, but I smell moderator coming. This shouldn't feel this hostile. Toes are being stepped on, and precise things are being threatened. I am more concerned with how passive and boring something really cool became after like a day, Ember rework, the power scale and lower level issue is applicable systemically with different frames and even weapons. So, this is a bigger issue overall. 

This game easily lets you feel like a god, but when that feeling is denied to others, and the answer is just get good scrub, that isn't really fair. They can't get good that fast without bypassing what little feeling of progression this game has to offer, and then they do and then they get bored. There has to be a better middle ground.

I think the best solution is the game being improved faster. XD

[size=2]Noooo, I'm not impatient or anything. [/size]

It'd give more experienced players less of a reason to do the lower level content out of sheer boredom. 

I think the best solution is the game being improved faster. XD

Noooo, I'm not impatient or anything.

It'd give more experienced players less of a reason to do the lower level content out of sheer boredom. 

Pretty much the endgame problem. Maybe the Sentients will offer us a real challenge. DE certainly has their work cut out for them, that is for sure.

Pretty much the endgame problem. Maybe the Sentients will offer us a real challenge. DE certainly has their work cut out for them, that is for sure.

Yep, and call me a fangirl but it's exciting being a part of this as it grows. XD

But on topic;

Ember doesn't need to be nerfed.  She just needs to be played, like all other frames, in a considerate and respectful manner when teaming with randoms.  

ive been in plenty of lower levels helping using my ember and lots of people have said thanks for the help if i start a mission my self i put on wof to help me if others join depending on the level of enemies then i will toggle it of and use wof as a reviving tool  turn it on if a player goes down i really couldnt  careless if i have less kills i can us ember and just about any other frame and use my guns and still get the most kills  people ask for help for a reason

i like all my frames and play them all and if someone joins and doesn't like it then they can leave at any time..

Sounds like you can't deal with how other players choose to enjoy the game more than DeMonkey does.

You can hardly talk about anyone respecting your gameplace when you're so blatantly disrespectful of everyone elses. 

No ones mad that you put time and effort into making a decent build - other players are mad that you're coming into the public matches and ruining their fun by playing the way you want to play and not being considerate about how they want to play.

If you're capable of face rolling content, why are you bothering with public matches?  Honestly the only reason I can see is some kind of epeen or just massive disrespect for others for enjoyment. 

If i go into a public match i don't care what people bring into the match, If i have a limbo an ember and an excal all banished killing everything with abilities thats fine with me. I actually applaud them for using teamwork and killing stuff. 

No, go solo.

Everyone wins.

You have this whole thing backwards

People who want missions to be fast and easy go to public to get matched with three other teammates so the mission gets done. People who complain about having an ember with a 15 meter range killing things with her abilities is the same as complaining excal kills stuff with exalted or a nova primes enemies or a banshee uses sonar or a limbo casts banish on you. 

Oh Nooooooooo How dare somebody play the game and use their abilities to kill stuff? I can't allow this!!! Im the only person allowed to kill stuff!!! 

Basically what you are saying ^ so to accommodate you. Go solo you get all the kills there

If your complaining about an ember killing stuff and you want a challenge why don't you challenge yourself to do as much damage or more then ember with whatever equipment you have? Ive never complained about teammates choices of frames unless the mission required a different type of frame ( like bringing a mag into a a raid or a chroma into a spy mission ) 

I don't get all butthurt if a person does good in a mission, unlike some people,  I get upset only if they are dropping every 5 seconds and having us potentially fail a mission. 

What I see the problem is that even though endgame items are available for new players just at MR 2, their map progress is still stuck at like Saturn or something.

So they see an Ember running past an incinirate everything in front of them, they think Ember has that sort of power in endgame too, when in actuallity, is not the case in higher level content.

If i go into a public match i don't care what people bring into the match, If i have a limbo an ember and an excal all banished killing everything with abilities thats fine with me. I actually applaud them for using teamwork and killing stuff. 

You have this whole thing backwards

People who want missions to be fast and easy go to public to get matched with three other teammates so the mission gets done. People who complain about having an ember with a 15 meter range killing things with her abilities is the same as complaining excal kills stuff with exalted or a nova primes enemies or a banshee uses sonar or a limbo casts banish on you. 

Oh Nooooooooo How dare somebody play the game and use their abilities to kill stuff? I can't allow this!!! Im the only person allowed to kill stuff!!! 

Basically what you are saying ^ so to accommodate you. Go solo you get all the kills there

If your complaining about an ember killing stuff and you want a challenge why don't you challenge yourself to do as much damage or more then ember with whatever equipment you have? Ive never complained about teammates choices of frames unless the mission required a different type of frame ( like bringing a mag into a a raid or a chroma into a spy mission ) 

I don't get all butthurt if a person does good in a mission, unlike some people,  I get upset only if they are dropping every 5 seconds and having us potentially fail a mission. 

You have some issues with DeMonkey it seems.  You should resolve them in more constructive manners. 

ive been in plenty of lower levels helping using my ember and lots of people have said thanks for the help if i start a mission my self i put on wof to help me if others join depending on the level of enemies then i will toggle it of and use wof as a reviving tool  turn it on if a player goes down i really couldnt  careless if i have less kills i can us ember and just about any other frame and use my guns and still get the most kills  people ask for help for a reason

i like all my frames and play them all and if someone joins and doesn't like it then they can leave at any time..

I've never been thanked by anyone but the noobist of noobs for obliterating a level while sleep walking.

So the conclusion is, to have a S#&$build for public games - so that nobody is crying about his k/d ratio?

Oh wait it's just the damage ratio.

There is so much salt here, I mistook it with CS.

Again, it has more to do with stepping on others sense of immersion, tension, and excitement. This isn't farmer simulator. It is a third person action shooter with some space magic in the mix.

What I see the problem is that even though endgame items are available for new players just at MR 2, their map progress is still stuck at like Saturn or something.

So they see an Ember running past an incinirate everything in front of them, they think Ember has that sort of power in endgame too, when in actuallity, is not the case in higher level content.

This is a good point and DE knows its and said that they are going to be looking at Master Rank and what and where weapons should land on it.

-snip-

Thats just too stupid, you're ignoring everything else that's been said. For the sake of what remains of the thread I'm out.

Still not sure whether you guys are genuinely struggling to understand, or if you're too full of yourselves to care.

Edited by DeMonkey

So the conclusion is, to have a S#&$build for public games - so that nobody is crying about his k/d ratio?

Oh wait it's just the damage ratio.

There is so much salt here, I mistook it with CS.

This is what I gathered from the previous posts. It seems the previous posters actually want everyone to have weak builds for public games. Don't be jealous of kills is what I say.

This is a co-op game. We have a common goal in missions. People can go ham with their abilities just as long as it's not troll abilities like Switch Teleport or Bounce.

On Topic:

Ember just got out of S#&$ tier with this change. Now people are already asking for the Nerfhammer

This is what I gathered from the previous posts. It seems the previous posters actually want everyone to have weak builds for public games. Don't be jealous of kills is what I say.

This is a co-op game. We have a common goal in missions. People can go ham with their abilities just as long as it's not troll abilities like Switch Teleport or Bounce.

On Topic:

Ember just got out of S#&$ tier with this change. Now people are already asking for the Nerfhammer

Again who cares about the stupid mission rewards. Especially when your teamwork means one persons frame nuking everything into unfunness. (not a word, I know).

I am talking about extreme cases here, but I do actually not roll my WoF that much because of the boredom. So, unless the mission really calls for it, yeah nerf yourself. Or, do something, anything to keep it interesting. Especially, consider being considerate of  how others play. I can't even get my brother to play this game anymore because he has no investment in the game. Because all to often, while he is trying to play others are stream rolling the level. He could go solo, but that is backwards, he shouldn't have to be the to do that.

On Topic:

No one said anything about weak or strong builds, and no one has said anything about end of mission results actually mattering.

The entire last couple pages have been about respectful and considerate gameplay.

Edited by Noamuth

You have some issues with DeMonkey it seems.  You should resolve them in more constructive manners. 

I don't have any issues, I disagree in his opinion. He seems to not be able to tolerate other people having fun and dislikes people going into public matches with whatever frame they want. I think that people should have the freedom to take whatever they want into a public match 

Again who cares about the stupid mission rewards. Especially when your teamwork means one persons frame nuking everything into unfunness. (not a word, I know).

I am talking about extreme cases here, but I do actually not roll my WoF that much because of the boredom. So, unless the mission really calls for it, yeah nerf yourself. Or, do something, anything to keep it interesting. Especially, consider being considerate of  how others play. I can't even get my brother to play this game anymore because he has no investment in the game. Because all to often, while he is trying to play others are stream rolling the level. He could go solo, but that is backwards, he shouldn't have to be the to do that.

Yea well we were all a low MR once and had crap gear. I also had crap gear once. When I went into a game and had someone actually help me clear it faster two things went through my mind. One was I was happy we got done quicker and two INSTEAD of complaining about "considerate gameplay" and stuff like that instead I wondered what they had/did to be able to do such a feat that I couldn't do at the time. Which is when I learned about warframebuilder and eventually learned how to mod things myself to my own liking.

Edited by rawr1254

The players that are stream rolling through the level are actually helping him kill the enemies so he can get mods or resources or whatever he came in the mission for faster. If he came into the mission to enjoy the scenery or practice his shooting skills he's better off solo or with friends. I actually solo a lot because I know that in public games I can never know what my teammates are planning to do nor do I have any right to dictate what they must do since it's a public game.

The goal in most missions is to kill the bad guys. You guys join a public match and some people are killing faster than you. You then complain in the forums because apparently you should all count the number of enemies and divide them by the number of players to get equal kills.

Also your specific problem about finding it boring when you streamroll is a "you" thing. Ironically you're forcing it on everyone playing in public matches with your complaints. You basically want everyone to be only as strong as whatever loadout you decide to bring in a PUBLIC match and cry about it here when they don't do what you want.