Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personal Stance On New Resource Acquisition(?)

AnOldAlias

I don't see how it's that bad of a thing. Unless Wu himself takes loads to build his parts then I can see people having some legitimate complaints.

And as far as the larger clans complaining, you have a lot of members for a reason. Should have expected that for joining/forming a large clan.

There is nothing absurd about the new resource. What is absurd is expecting people to actually contribute to clan research.

Everyone just wants it all done for them.

Im fine with the new resource thingy.

What im annoyed is how you get the dam thing.

this is casual gamers hell

this is casual gamers hell

We are having no problems with it. It might take my clan a few days to get all the stuff we need.

Can't see what the fuss is about.

I'm in a moon clan that's largely inactive - over the last few years many members have stopped playing, and it's impossible to downgrade the clan size; *and* recruiting has been pretty slow. We can keep up with most of the research well enough, because many of those that are active are well established and have resource pools to draw from. We organize farms for some of the more rare resources.

With all of that, it'll take approximately 1100 alerts to build Wukong. If we get 4 a day (and everyone is on to run them), we should be able to build him around September of 2016.

How is this not a problem? How is this 'everything is attainable without spending plat'? This is very blatantly an attempt to blackmail players into purchasing the new frame with platinum instead of waiting for the resources to appear.

Hoho my topic just got deleted while I was writing my reply on a fair discussion. Lemme post it here.

The excuse of "4 alerts per day" or whatnot is moot because that means you would have to be present by the time those alerts pop up. I'm sorry but I can't be in front of my computer all the time. The issue here is not that DE is screwing me up, the issue is that, with all these player feedback regarding how negative the community feels against Time/RNG-gated mechanics in obtaining frames, it seems the devs/publisher would rather turn a blind eye and do the same thing even worse. And they're telling us that Starchart 3.0 will fix this? Future promises ain't looking good IMO.

The excuse of credit-based alerts being unexciting is because THEY ARE. I don't see why they can't be around 20k-50k rewards as alerts as it would entice players like me who can only log in for 2-4 hrs a day. Speaking of which, an alert-based clan research, really now? I belong to a clan that I don't interact with but contribute resources to every now and then, just so I don't get GATED on content, and now I'll probably have to quit said clan and join a smaller one just to gain access to this new frame. I know most of my issues are personal but I'm sure I'm not the only one, just saying it how it is.

Poor design choices guys.

I've never been so glad that a frame didn't interest me too much. Phew.

and uncalled for based on their stance on the increasing grind issue.

Isn't their stance to increase grind as exponentially as possible though? Nothing is out of place here. Everything they've added recently is nothing but steadily increased grind either via RNG grindwalls, timewalls, or resource grindwalls. In 1 case, a combination of all 3. It's gotten to the point where the second to last prime is even easier to get than his normal version now. I don't remember that EVER happening before they started adding to the grind.

I'm undecided on it personally. I can live with it but if they start making alert only resources a trend then I'll get pretty salty over it.

It's kinda annoying, I'm in a 2 person clan and I'm the only one that does the research so alltogether I have to get 11 of these things just to fully research him. I wouldn't  be surprised if he required more when crafting.

Isn't their stance to increase grind as exponentially as possible though? Nothing is out of place here. Everything they've added recently is nothing but steadily increased grind either via RNG grindwalls, timewalls, or resource grindwalls. In 1 case, a combination of all 3. It's gotten to the point where the second to last prime is even easier to get than his normal version now. I don't remember that EVER happening before they started adding to the grind.

As far as I'm aware of, [DE] has stated in the past that they wish to attempt, to the best of their ability, to decrease the grind.

Of course there will still be grind, but not as high as it is now.

I don't have any problem with it being alert only, as it makes people actually want to get on for alerts again. No, what I have a problem with is the small timeframe in which these alerts are available. 

I mean, it makes having a life outside of warframe slightly harder...Although, with that said it could be much worse.

As far as I'm aware of, [DE] has stated in the past that they wish to attempt, to the best of their ability, to decrease the grind.

They said that back in spring though when they were all gung-ho about the "year of quality" as one of the things they wanted to address. Then they proceeded to do exactly one thing relevant towards reducing the grind, and that was making Mesa obtainable without Infestation invasions. Everything else has been a progressively increased grind. Either they are lieing through their teeth when they say they want to lower it, or more likely, they just threw that in the back burner like almost everything else they say they're working on.

And they haven't show a lick of commitment towards that declaration since, the closest DE got to this goal was altering the way you got coordinates for mesa, but outside that one small act all DE's actions have worked quite the opposite, steadily increasing the grind with each update. We see more weapons that require other weapons to build, more rare resources for new content, more frames locked behind bigger timewalls and grindwalls, and so on. Its one thing to say you want something, it's an entirely different matter to act on those words, and de is most certainly not acting on them at the moment. 

Edited by Cubewano

They said that back in spring though when they were all gung-ho about the "year of quality" as one of the things they wanted to address. Then they proceeded to do exactly one thing relevant towards reducing the grind, and that was making Mesa obtainable without Infestation invasions. Everything else has been a progressively increased grind. Either they are lieing through their teeth when they say they want to lower it, or more likely, they just threw that in the back burner like almost everything else they say they're working on.

I remember that, yes. I'm not defending them in this regard, as I think the way they handled this new resource and how you get it is a bit stupid.

I'd imagine the work-load nowadays is quite hard for'em, and a lot of (potentially)complicated stuff that they wish they could work on isn't being worked on based on stuff that they 'need' to work on to keep the community not burned-out and interested still.

Of course that isn't an excuse for the constant slow increase of the grind, but still.

And they haven't show a lick of commitment towards that declaration since, the closest DE got to this goal was altering the way you got coordinates for mesa, but outside that one small act all DE's actions have worked quite the opposite, steadily increasing the grind with each update. We see more weapons that require other weapons to build, more rare resources for new content, more frames locked behind bigger timewalls and grindwalls, and so on. Its one thing to say you want something, it's an entirely different matter to act on those words, and de is most certainly not acting on them at the moment. 

At the very least we got that, eh? A bit sad to say but, at least we got somethin'!

But, yeh. I know. I can agree with you. Despite their views on wanting to decrease grind, with how things have been going, it may take them a long time to be able to find an appropriate solution towards it. The Void-Explosion is a sorta-good solution to the Prime-Part grind, at least that is something, as well. But I'd have to see it to believe it will work.

At the very least we got that, eh? A bit sad to say but, at least we got somethin'!

But, yeh. I know. I can agree with you. Despite their views on wanting to decrease grind, with how things have been going, it may take them a long time to be able to find an appropriate solution towards it. The Void-Explosion is a sorta-good solution to the Prime-Part grind, at least that is something, as well. But I'd have to see it to believe it will work.

One right and a dozen wrongs isn't really something in my opinion. 

And I really hope DE doesn't think blowing up the void is their end all solution for reducing the grind, I know DE has a problem with being a little narrowed minded but the grind problem in this game is larger than just farming void parts (which will still be around so???), who knows though, maybe DE is hiking up the grind so when they lower it they aren't really lowering it but undoing what they've been doing over the year, then the game doesn't have to deal with real change and de gets appreciation for doing, well, nothing. No I don't really think its the case, but who knows, the void thing I would not be surprised if it was the case, which means we'll have a long way to go before grind is actually fixed. Guess for now we just have to keep pestering DE about the grind, though I doubt they'll listen, probably think they have it under control even though they clearly do not. 

Glad some clans have no issues, and that's great for your clan but you're basically saying, I'm OK so stuff everyone else'.. Well, thanks..

Clans with a lot of casual players are losing out, and I'm sure there's already clans losing members, how is that 'just fine'?