Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make The New Login Rewards A Combination Of Time Played And Mr

mindlord0013

Seriously? What if someone has bought slots and kept 100+ guns, but simply tried them and did not like them, because say, excessive recoil (some shotguns) or awkward mechanics (Phage) and left them on Rank 1-5?

You know the word "grind"? I always say that this game has no real grind, because it does not force you to do anything, well, if you follow your own logic right here, and somehow "forced" players to level all the weapons they DONT like the feel of, you are in fact putting "grind" INTO the game.

If the logins rewards gave MUCH better stuff for high MR - which they won't - people with 1000+ hours and only 4 Frames and 10 guns will be wondering why that is, and they should, since MR can be trivialized by using extremely repetitive and boring gameplay.

Getting a higher MR rating is the only real goal in Warframe on the long term and to get this you have to grind.

Saying WF is not about grinding is defying the whole RNG aspect of the game. Of course you have to farm for new weapon parts, r5 cores, frames and mods.

At least a higher MR proves that somebody has some experience with the gear he is talking about.

What if... The day of logins counter started from te number of days of playtime as of the in-game profile?

Quick and easy solution. So 1000+ hrs veterans would start from the 40th or something day at first login and build from that, while newer players or people who played less would start from lower.

1.2k hours here

Mostly solo player - so the hours may be lessened

Currently Mr 20

I've tried just about every weapon in game - I still need to get some syndicate weapons and max some ark weapons

I have also forma'd quite a few weapons to learn how to actually master them

Some are locked behind a mastery wall - grinlock (mr 5 I believe) and some don't have any mastery - Daikyu (mr 0) yet I've put 4 forma into it

Mastery to me is about learning how a weapon functions - then focus on your prefered play style once you've learnt all you can by maxing it

Anyhow - just my thoughts/opinions

Heck, I didn't cover frames

I 4 forma'd my ash prior to ash p because I stuffed up a polarity

Again - more learning on how to play a frame

Not repeating 1 weapon and 1 frame ad infinitum

I have played this game a for quite a long time. Usually casually so not high MR rank considering time played. Though I don't think time played should be a factor. MR is easy as heck to get you just have to try. Just try stop whining and just do it. Its not like forcing yourself to level something is that hard with Draco. When Draco is removed then that will be more fair but until then suck it up.

I have played this game a for quite a long time. Usually casually so not high MR rank considering time played. Though I don't think time played should be a factor. MR is easy as heck to get you just have to try. Just try stop whining and just do it. Its not like forcing yourself to level something is that hard with Draco. When Draco is removed then that will be more fair but until then suck it up.

Look, I'm trying to come up with a solution to what I see as a minor problem for an upcoming feature. That kind of reply is actually not constructive to the conversation. Surprisingly, I don't find "suck it up, do Draco, and stop whining" as a valid point, even if it was phrased in a way that wasn't inflammatory.

I know this might seem like a lot to ask, but please try to keep on topic, ie, why you agree or disagree with the original post. I'd rather not have to ask for this thread to be locked.

There is no point getting different weapons UNLESS you like the damn weapons.

Also, "use the weapons"? Please show me where you actually have to "use the weapons" in order to get MR. You make them, put them on your back, and just run the mission with a totally different weapon, and the weapon you are not using, levels up anyway. It hits 30, you sell it get another one.

"Slot Juggling MR" more like it.

-snip-

Maybe that's how you got your MR's, but some of us actually tried out the weapons we have.

If I passively ranked like you described, I'd be MR20/1 by now, instead of 18, and I've been playing for about 2 years. 

Yeah, the current system is borked and needs a lot of help, but getting MR for weapons that aren't ranking up anymore just doesn't make sense to me.  With how things are now, we actually have a reason to try different weapons.  Otherwise, I'd probably still be using my first loves, Karak/Gremlins/Pangolin.

Someone actually gave a decent example of how a Mastery system could work, I believe it was something like X weapon needs X kills, X headshots, X trick shots, X style kills, etc. 

As much as I would hate having to do that with certain weapons, I think that'd be a better system. 

... getting MR for weapons that aren't ranking up anymore just doesn't make sense to me.

I completely don't understand that viewpoint at all.

"Mastery" is supposed to be some kind of vague representation of how much you've grown and how much experience you have with the game, yes? At least, that's what I'm taking away from it. That might just be me, though.

Why, then, do I stop obtaining "Mastery" just because a particular piece of equipment I'm using can no longer be ranked further?

Weapon Rank isn't a measure of your skill with that weapon. Weapon Rank is a measure of that weapon's modding potential and nothing more (especially when you can level up that weapon without actually using it ever, so arguing that Weapon Rank is a measure of your skill with that weapon is wrong, period).

Me, on the other hand, I get stronger not only from leveling and modding that weapon, but also from learning how and when to use it. I get better at using it even if it's maxed and doesn't earn further affinity.

My point is that you are basically telling me I do not deserve to obtain more "Mastery" from actually improving my skills, just because my gear has hit some kind of potential-limit. That does not sound like Mastery, if you ask me.

We need to change the word "mastery" to something else

this thread is getting me hypertension

Try not to get too worked up about it, but yeah. Calling it something else would help a lot. lol

Edited by Soldatto