Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker's Helmet

GDSK-NXS

I will not lie, I'm weaboo trash and I have been watching Fate/Zero lately, which led me to something very interesting.

First, let's recap on something, Excalibro's names are all about the legend of King Arthur:

Excalibur (The holy sword)

Avalon (The island where the sword was forged)

Pendragon (Arthur's last name)

Mordred (A famous traitor against Arthur)

Knowing this, Stalker's name is very strange, it defines what "the stalker" does (stalking) but it doesn't have any real meaning to why does he use the Excalibur suit, or why does he has other warframes powers. Here's what I think: Stalker's helmet could be named Arondight, the brother sword to Excalibur used by Lancelot. It would keep the whole "Arthurian Legend" theme and could also involve the next thing:

In Fate/Zero, "Berserker" (AKA Lancelot sorry for the spoilers) has three Noble Phantoms:

1) "For Someone's Glory" obscures his armor in black fog to avoid recognition from the enemy (that black fog around him and the fact we know almost nothing about it).

2) "Knight Of Honor" allows him to use everything he recognizes as a weapon (thus explaining why he can use other warframes abilities).

3) "Arondight" the twin sword to Excalibur (reason why he has the Excalibur Suit).

What do YOU think about it? I think it makes a lot of sense but you could always think of something better!

Well, the sister sword of Excalibur is...wait for it....GALATINE, used by Sir Gawain.

But that was an allied claymore sword, so eh, maybe Stalker has the Arondight helm.

Either way, it'd be awesome if he had his own sword, since the Hate really sucks stat wise (okay it's the same as Reaper Prime but hella slower)

Huge fan of Fate/Zero and UBW, that'd be a twist if Stalker was actually a former friend/comrade of Excal.

Edited by AirKrakenSupreme

i half want to say stalker just uses excalibros model because de couldn't be bothered to make a new model. and the other half assumes he uses excal models because its the posterboy frame, so why not have the anti-tenno unit be basically a nega-version of its poster boy. 

i half want to say stalker just uses excalibros model because de couldn't be bothered to make a new model. and the other half assumes he uses excal models because its the posterboy frame, so why not have the anti-tenno unit be basically a nega-version of its poster boy. 

I largely agree, I don't think Stalker has any relationship to Excalibur. It was just modeled that way out of convenience. I mean, he's just a simple NPC, look at how man other NPC's re-use assets. 

However, perhaps the Second Dream will share some of his origins. I know it seems unlikely/cheesy, but part of me always thought the idea that Stalker's Hayden Tenno was neat.

Well, the sister sword of Excalibur is...wait for it....GALATINE, used by Sir Gawain.

But that was an allied claymore sword, so eh, maybe Stalker has the Arondight helm.

Either way, it'd be awesome if he had his own sword, since the Hate really sucks stat wise (okay it's the same as Reaper Prime but hella slower)

Huge fan of Fate/Zero and UBW, that'd be a twist if Stalker was actually a former friend/comrade of Excal.

Yeah I think that scythes should have at least 50% more damage (I mean the new sword+grip has 80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THE GIANT SCYTHE HAS 60????) but then again, it would just take a little buff to make those weapons good again (also charge attacks coming back + that sick scythe spinning)

That's probably the initial reason, but DE could build up in their early mistakes to make excellent plot twists. I mean, J3-Golem and Phorid, alongside almost every other boss used to be just a regular enemy model with bigger size and a different color palette (and weapon)!

So it would be understandable if DE decided to change Stalker's model with this new and exciting Stalker Update, yet I don't think it will happen, mostly because he has become famous as it is now, everyone knows about his Excalibur suit, and his helmet and borrowed powers, so it's pretty much done. It can only be worked further to include lore about these things and upgrade his battle (with more powers or new dynamics).

I agree that eventually as the lore further develops, the Stalker will need a real name to be revealed. However right now, it's not necessary. He is still a mysterious figure with much lore surrounding him and his origins to be uncovered. He doesn't need a real name right now. Eventually hopefully through quest lines and events we will discover Stalker's true identity and name.

ahhh, F/Z, good times.....good times indeed, Saber <3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

as for the body similarities, well, Nyx has almost exactly the same body as excalibur. and I think the 2nd dream quest will shed light on what the stalker is...maybe he also uses a warframe and it's similar to excalibur 

also, thanks for the F/Z flashback, it was an awesome anime. and don't worry, you're no weaboo :3 

ahhh, F/Z, good times.....good times indeed, Saber <3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

as for the body similarities, well, Nyx has almost exactly the same body as excalibur. and I think the 2nd dream quest will shed light on what the stalker is...maybe he also uses a warframe and it's similar to excalibur 

also, thanks for the F/Z flashback, it was an awesome anime. and don't worry, you're no weaboo :3 

Yeah Nyx uses an Excalibro suit, but her character is different as it not only has a different gender, but also a different lore to it. Also she may have a similar suit due to her character to be based out of Dark Sector's Nemesis (which was a woman with a super suit like Hayden). There's people that imply that Stalker's "non-canon sister" would be a dark Nova (instead of a dark Nyx) but I can't agree that much with the idea.

I will not lie, I'm weaboo trash and I have been watching Fate/Zero lately, which led me to something very interesting.

First, let's recap on something, Excalibro's names are all about the legend of King Arthur:

Excalibur (The holy sword)

Avalon (The island where the sword was forged)

Pendragon (Arthur's last name)

Mordred (A famous traitor against Arthur)

Knowing this, Stalker's name is very strange, it defines what "the stalker" does (stalking) but it doesn't have any real meaning to why does he use the Excalibur suit, or why does he has other warframes powers. Here's what I think: Stalker's helmet could be named Arondight, the brother sword to Excalibur used by Lancelot. It would keep the whole "Arthurian Legend" theme and could also involve the next thing:

In Fate/Zero, "Berserker" (AKA Lancelot sorry for the spoilers) has three Noble Phantoms:

1) "For Someone's Glory" obscures his armor in black fog to avoid recognition from the enemy (that black fog around him and the fact we know almost nothing about it).

2) "Knight Of Honor" allows him to use everything he recognizes as a weapon (thus explaining why he can use other warframes abilities).

3) "Arondight" the twin sword to Excalibur (reason why he has the Excalibur Suit).

What do YOU think about it? I think it makes a lot of sense but you could always think of something better!

You might be weaboo! But you are certainly not trash! ;>

I dont think DE confirmed (stalker is ) Excalibur so your whole story might just be meh

Never said it was confirmed, also never implied they were the same, but their model IS the same and also he was more skilled using slash dash back then, so it looked more like a "corrupted excalibur" (not using the "corrupted" meaning of the faction).

Pendragon is not arthur's last name, it's his title. F***ing Weaboo.

THANKS, What can I say? that's about what I knew, and it was wrong, so THANK YOU for your patience, and THANK YOU for being so polite. At last, THANK YOU, we need more mean people in this community! 10/10 would ignore in-game.

What's a weaboo?

Weaboo is a term that is being used very loosely lately. Today it is often used for people that watch anime.

A real weaboo is someone that is obsessed with Japan's culture/media while believing anything that isn't Japanese is inferior. They are often offensive to Japan and perpetuate stereotypes, they use Japanese words mixed in with their native language, and make people cringe into a singularity of secondhand embarrassment. 

Weaboo is a term that is being used very loosely lately. Today it is often used for people that watch anime.

A real weaboo is someone that is obsessed with Japan's culture/media while believing anything that isn't Japanese is inferior. They are often offensive to Japan and perpetuate stereotypes, they use Japanese words mixed in with their native language, and make people cringe into a singularity of secondhand embarrassment.

Ahh ok thanks for kindly telling me. I learned something new today .

i half want to say stalker just uses excalibros model because de couldn't be bothered to make a new model.

According to the Second Dream hypesite, he's actually running a new body model now. Here's to hoping that it replaces the Stalkalibur classic that he was wearing in that video teaser

I think it brings some sense.

I always thought stalker has been like this cause they didn't try / have time to make a new character model or new skills.

Or just because he was meant to be excalibur nemesis.

Or, he may have been one of the first Warframes created or a prototype and that's why he has mixed powers.

According to the Second Dream hypesite, he's actually running a new body model now. Here's to hoping that it replaces the Stalkalibur classic that he was wearing in that video teaser

If you look closely, you'll notice that Stalker is now using Excalibur Umbra's body. 

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Since Stalker was a member of the orokin Guardians, and do not see himself as a Tenno, but still can wear a warframe and use void-powers - there is allways the option that he allways wore that helmet.

That it is in fact the Orokin Guardian helmet.

The fact that there were a class called Guardians allso give cause for speculation that they all wore variations of Excalibur's armor, since that was the first and original warframe to go into production.

What is more intriguing is that "I watched from that dark place". This might be linked directly to why DE choose the class Umbra. A dark voidspace maby.

Can't wait to learn more about him.