The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aksomati Or Twin Grakata?

Creative__Name

Question

I'm going to vote the other way.   Aksomati are by far the more practical weapon. Twin Grakatas have a base fire rate of 20, but the UI doesn't indicate that they spend 2 rounds of ammo per shot.  So actually you're spending 40 rounds of ammo per second.  Then you add Lethal Torrent, and 40 per second becomes 64. You "can" compensate for this by using both primed ammo mutation and scavenger aura, but....why? Aksomati do tons of damage with better ammo economy and less reloading.

I can't get behind the Twin Grakata personally. Too many things about it that bug me. Fire rate is too fast, even with burst fire you are wasting ammo because it fires too quickly to control. The innate multi-shot eats through double the ammo, so the magazine is half the size it actually says it is. Combine those with the horrendous reload... Not for me. If I'm going to use a slow reload weapon, I'm going to use one that doesn't eat through it's entire ammo pool in the same amount of time it takes to reload the mag.

Aksomati is my preference for Crit auto pistols.

Edited by Ceryk

Obligatory, why not both?

Personally, Aksomati's are the more practical dakka dakka guns, per bullet does more damage (18 vs 10) and much more manageable with the essential Torrent. What pushes it past Graks is the the fact that its fast reload is pretty much instantaneous. It may have a lower reserve but that doesn't really matter when regardless of weapon, ammo still comes in packs of twenty.

With that said, mowing down rooms of enemies with full auto Graks and sweeping from side to side is fun that can't be easily beat. Supra has the same feeling too.

I prefer aksomati. Except the reload animation. You cannot beat twin grakata's reload animation.

They're the same, Twin Graks' Supra long reload doesn't even make sense for quick ejecting, while Aksomati's little less than half fits perfectly.

First off, go Clem or go home.

Second, while the Grakatas do burn through ammo faster than the Grineer burn through Butchers, the mutation mod can compensate, at least to a usable extent. Definitely see about getting a Pistol Gambit, either through trade or the Eviscerators/Troopers that drop them. Use that with the Hornet Strike and Target Cracker, and you'll be critting hard, and a lot. Ice Storm is also very nice, to give it that precious bit more dakka before reloading.

This is, though, a weapon that you'll need to sink a potato and some forma into. While I can't speak for the Aksomati, I get the feeling that the Grakatas need more TLC to get up to their prime.

I will say, though, nothing beats channeling your inner Clem and making everything #getrekt once your Grakatas are built to their fullest.

So in conclusion:

Twin Grakata                                                                Aksomati                                  

Tch-Tch                                         Worse in every way (including magazine)

Clem                                except for slightly better ammo economy and better reload

Graaakaaataaa

More damage

More fun

More Dakka

Is this right?

So in conclusion:

Twin Grakata                                                                Aksomati                                  

Tch-Tch                                         Worse in every way (including magazine)

Clem                                except for slightly better ammo economy and better reload

Graaakaaataaa

More damage

More fun

More Dakka

Is this right?

Yup. 

So in conclusion:

Graaakaaataaa

More damage

More fun

More Dakka

Is this right?

No.

Aksomati does 18 damage with 20%/x3 crits. (Average damage 25.2)

Twin Grakata does 20 damage with 25%/x2 crits (Average damage 25)

Aksomati has a base fire rate of 12.5, making its unmodded DPS 315.  Twin Grakata has a base fire rate of 20, making its unmodded DPS 500.

However...

Aksomati has a 70 round magazine and a reload of 1.4 seconds.  This means it takes 5.6 seconds to empty the magazine,  with a total cycle time of 7 seconds,  making its base sustained DPS 252.

Twin Grakata has a 60 round magazine (remember one shot = 2 ammo) and a reload of 3 seconds. It empties a magazine in 3 seconds, total cycle time of 6 seconds, making its base sustained DPS 250.

So basically the wind up having the same sustained DPS. You build them the same way, use the same mods, so it's not worth comparing fully modded builds.  Twin Grakata is more accurate and has better burst damage, but it eats literally twice as much ammo to do this, and ends up feeling horribly awkward in actual combat with that reload time. Aksomati is not "slightly better" on ammo, it's the difference between getting by with just Ammo Mutation versus also needing Ammo Scavenger aura on top of ammo mutation.

I am in favor of people having preferences and thinking one is better than the other, but to casually dismiss the Aksomati just because there's not a community meme about them is just plain wrong. Twin Graks are powerful but also have some serious weaknesses.

Edited by Momaw