Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Hotfix] War Needs Broken War To Craft?!

throwaawy

So we get to choose between:

A) Destroy the best longsword in the game (which we can never obtain again) to make the Greatsword.

B) Keep the best longsword in the game and just buy the Greatsword for the low, low price of 600 plat!

This is ridiculous, and if it wasn't an oversight, then it's uncharacteristically low coming from DE.

Agree.

Side note I just love how everything new is requiring Nitan.  It's so damn frustrating.  I almost have 9.  Which i'm saving for ivara.  And since i'm in a moon clan we need hundreds of these to make wukong.

I think DE completely missed this lmao

If not, and if they're doing this for plat money, then... wew :s

Also a suggestion for DE: 

Make it so the War BP is acquired in the Tenno Lab, and make Stalker drop a Broken War/Broken War BP instead of the War BP.  This way people can actually get the Broken War AND the War, instead of just one.

Edited by 420dankmemes

I think it's a good idea.

Sometimes, have to choose between a weapon or another can be better than just use all weapon to greed a little of Mastery rank.

Stop crying, at worst you just lose 3000 points. You will survive, for sure.

You might have a valid point if this wasn't the only weapon in the game you can't ever get again (currently, I don't see DE putting it in an event or on an enemy) and the only other way to get War was buying it with platinum.

But this honestly doesn't surprise me considering the recent Palatine bundle was they only way to get 2 cosmetic skins.

Maybe DE is hurting financially and are doing whatever they can to get money???

Agreed. I'm not sure what they were thinking here.

They were thinking that the PC playerbase are a bunch of greedy dullards and wanted to make a fast buck. They're not entirely wrong thinking that given what we've seen happen in the Mutalist and Eyes of Blight events, as well as the slew of people who bought the warframe skins because they were limited availability.

While War isn't technically a purchase-only weapon, given you have to sacrifice a piece of gear you can only ever get a single copy of and is arguably BiS, it effectively is.

I had gained a lot of respect for DE due to having one of the best F2P models out there but now I know I'm not buying any more plat until DE stop playing silly buggers.

So this allows you to basically get them both ranked up for mastery, but without buying the pack from the market, you will never be able to have both at the same time. You get to either choose the Broken-War or the regular War to actually collect/fight with, not both. 

Hmm... 

Edit: And it allows you to go back and get the Broken-War again for mastery if you happened to use it to craft War before building it and vice versa. You can theoretically keep getting lucky blueprint drops from Stalker, and keep craftceptioning the weapon over and over again, back and forth. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

So this allows you to basically get them both ranked up for mastery, but without buying the pack from the market, you will never be able to have both at the same time. You get to either choose the Broken-War or the regular War to actually collect/fight with, not both. 

Hmm... 

Edit: And it allows you to go back and get the Broken-War again for mastery if you happened to use it to craft War before building it and vice versa. You can theoretically keep getting lucky blueprint drops from Stalker, and keep craftceptioning the weapon over and over again, back and forth. 

This is why I find is so brilliant. This is the first craft-ception weapon in the game that allows us go back to the original after we finish ranking up the other one.

I mean yeah it's going to be a terrible potato/forma sink if you're indecisive, and it feels like a forced plat bundle purchase if you're a completionist (since without the purchase you'll never really have both at the same time), but for me this is craftception that makes sense. You want War, you need to make it out of Broken War. You want Broken War, you have to break your War to get it. 

Edited by 4MostlyHarmless2

They should have just let you use hate to make a Broken War. We could have both and DE could still force us to farm him. I'm not making war. Broken War came with a freaking potato and It's cool. No money today DE, good try though.I think this was a bad move considering both of the swords are cool and a lot of work was put into them. 

Too much money grubbing with this one. 

Edited by Liquidushime

for me this is craftception that makes sense. You want War, you need to make it out of Broken War. You want Broken War, you have to break your War to get it. 

I get what you are saying, that from a story perspective we can't have both at the same time as one is part of the other but...  We can override that logic through Platinum and magically have a complete War and a Broken-War.  We can also have the max population of a relay all standing around each with their very own War (or Broken-War according to the individual tenno's preference).  For these reasons I refuse to accept the idea that there can be only one.  Unless DE changes the game so there can be only one War or Broken-War per squad I see no reason why a player shouldn't be allowed to have both in their inventory.  Further to that, any squad with War or Broken-War would have to either be immune to Stalker attacks or have Stalker turn up without a weapon.

I really hate DE for this move.

You should be able to get both (without paying a insane amount plat) or no one should be able to have both.

If you made this move of lore friendlyness, don't put war in that pack.

If you did this make players pay for power... then you went too low for my taste.

I really hate DE for this move.

You should be able to get both (without paying a insane amount plat) or no one should be able to have both.

If you made this move of lore friendlyness, don't put war in that pack.

If you did this make players pay for power... then you went too low for my taste.

There's no "power" in having two weapons that you can't equip at the same time.

It stings for those of us who may be completionist, but really, you can have either one, or the other, and you can switch as often as you can be bothered to do so.

"I really hate DE for this", "DE are becoming greedy"....wut ? You can farm Broken-War from Stalker or get it from sorties some time in the near future,I don't see what's the problem.Indeed it's a little bummer that u have to use broken-war for war and vice-versa,but if u can farm BW in 2 ways,I don't find reason to be salty.

"I really hate DE for this", "DE are becoming greedy"....wut ? You can farm Broken-War from Stalker or get it from sorties some time in the near future,I don't see what's the problem.Indeed it's a little bummer that u have to use broken-war for war and vice-versa,but if u can farm BW in 2 ways,I don't find reason to be salty.

Then how are you going to have both at the same time?

You'll just farm the bp 2 times,both for war and b-war...uuh,no 3 time for both...uhh,brain-fk...

War requires a Broken War to craft which you get from the quest.

Then if you want the Broken War again you'd have to sacrifice the War you just crafted.

Indeed, you can't keep both weapons unless you pay.

Steve said that we'll be able to get Broken-War again once the quests become re-playable. 

But re-playable quests is something that has been brought up since the day first quest got introduced, so we can't really depend on that since there are no concrete plans.

Also, Steve said that Broken-War will be available in one of the Sortie missions.

For now, we just need to hope it's a fully crafted reward and not the same BP dropped by Stalker.

Either way, wish DE wouldn't have gone this way.

I mean, sacrificing one for the other is not a bad concept, but it gets ugly when you give the option to just bypass it with platinum.

"I really hate DE for this", "DE are becoming greedy"....wut ? You can farm Broken-War from Stalker 

Which needs a War to craft.

get it from sorties some time in the near future

Oh yeah, yay. That's 3 layers of RNG there. Getting Stalker to spawn, actually getting a War from him, and then a random reward from sorties. I am so grateful and we totally won't have any problem with this.

F**k, might as well just buy a lottery ticket or something...

You'll just farm the bp 2 times,both for war and b-war...uuh,no 3 time for both...uhh,brain-fk...

You can't. It's literally an endless cycle of Broken War -> War -> Broken War -> War -> ...

And it takes 2 days worth of Nitains each time the cycle happens.