Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Gonna Be Honest Here Pre-Revamp Saryn Players...

crimsonspartan1

Saryn was reworked But she wasn't NERFED.

Lemmie explain:

The only reason why people used Saryn in the first place was because of her overpowered 4th. She was an incredibly boring and unfun frame to use like Mesa (well that's what people think if they only use Mesa for peacekeeper when she is so much more than a auto aim turret of mass destruction that can be ****ed if enemies are too close) but Saryn got the job done (way too easily however). She needed and deserve that revamp as people overused her for that op 4th she had. I mean don't you just hate it when a Saryn just 1 she one shots everything and sometimes say how good she is or call himself a pro as he dealt the most damage and got the most kills? She WAS one of the most op frames there is but since her deserved rework she isn't a nooby press 4 to win frame but much more yet people cry day and night just because their favourite most powerful frame has been changed but it still deals tons of damage (not as much as before though). She is more useable for high tier games now as she can debuff a lot of enemies now and can help her team survive when they most need it.

I end my case...

Feel free to lock this thread as I know there is gonna be a lot of toxic spores on this topic and it will get outta control. I'm gonna get toxic lashed so badly...

(I'm awesome at these toxic people puns)

Edited by crimsonspartan1

If you're looking at the NUMBER of button presses you need to press to put out maximum damage, then she was nerfed. 

She is less efficient in that respect.

And I'm glad, one less frame that prevents me from having fun when I'm not playing solo.

most of the original saryn players dont believe she was nerfed in the way you stated

it plays more on your press 4 to win nooby idea.  yes she is more team coop oriented now, but only in lower and middle tier.

I am not entirely sure if you have tested her effectively in high or end game yet.  a lot of the complaints come from scaling of enemies, and not their hp scale.  This is more on their damage scaling which makes set ups like her a little tedious.

the set up process starts to become a problem when enemies down you in one hit, not to mention when it takes 2-3 full miasma set ups to kill one enemy.

she definitely did not get nerfed, she just took a hit to her efficient playstyle.  In your case, it would be press 4 and win nooby style.

in my own opinion if other people play her and do well, i am completely fine with her.  i just lost interest in using her as a warframe because S#&$ is too fast paced to really set all that stuff up imo.  I kill groups of mobs faster than she can and at a much farther reach and range

according to my clanmate after rework saryn nukes even more than before and better scalles into a late-game, with only exception that instead of just spamming four he spams 1 through 3....

EDIT: for sake of sloweness argument I'll add situation from beginning - survival in void bare beginning hallway hero me notice nice chain of enemies running from spawn to us and approach to cheasy melee through them - bams everything dies on two rooms forward - it was mentioned clanmate with saryn :P

although he also says that he rarely uses 4 as it is weaker than it used to

Edited by Elenortirie

If you're looking at the NUMBER of button presses you need to press to put out maximum damage, then she was nerfed. 

She is less efficient in that respect.

in that same light excal would be considered a nerf as i have to press 4 more times than before to clear a room. she wasnt nerfed just changed in play style. ive seen people still deal mass amounts of damage and NOT die when playing her correctly. 

Edited by Noble_One

What really holds Saryn back from being a high tier Frame is her massive lack of Survivability. Right now, Saryn is pretty much forced to engage enemies in Melee to spread her Toxic status which would be fine by me if she didn't die so easily, there's too many enemies in the game that can either one/two shot her (Napalms, Bombardiers, Crewmen (Shotgun), Scorches, Toxic Ancients etc) or negate her abilities (Nullifiers and Energy Leechers), which leaves her completely helpless in high tier missions.

Molt, just like Saryn dies too easily to be a reliable distraction against high level enemies and Toxic Lash gives her Damage Reduction only while Blocking which doesn't really help a lot.

Saryn needs a significant, survivability-oriented buff to those two abilities to make her a high tier Frame.

Edited by Vardog

What really holds Saryn back from being a high tier Frame is her massive lack of Survivability. Right now, Saryn is pretty much forced to engage enemies in Melee to spread her Toxic status which would be fine by me if she didn't die so easily, there's too many enemies in the game that can either one/two shot her (Napalms, Bombardiers, Crewmen (Shotgun), Scorches, Toxic Ancients etc) or negate her abilities (Nullifiers and Energy Leechers), which leaves her completely helpless in high tier missions.

Molt, just like Saryn dies too easily to be a reliable distraction against high level enemies and Toxic Lash gives her Damage Reduction only while Blocking which doesn't really help a lot.

Saryn needs a significant, survivability-oriented buff to those two abilities to make her a high tier Frame.

if by high end you mean level 100+ then of course not as those enemies are meant to kick our teeth in to get us to play smarter. but if you mean level 30-80(ish) then youre doing something wrong as ive seen plenty of saryns survive those levels barely ever going down. 

Edited by Noble_One

Lemmie explain:

"The only reason why people used Saryn in the first place was because of her overpowered 4th. She was an incredibly boring and unfun frame to use like Mesa"

-Wrong, I used her for her Regen Molt ability, rarely using Miasma, I did at times when it was an "Oh s***" moment and I needed to distract a group of enemies to revive an ally or something, but she was a lot of fun for me, because I used a Gun/Sword play Molt style as opposed to her P42W style. She was fun, and efficient at being mobile and picking enemies off (Sybaris+Molt= Profit) so please don't try and represent the whole when not everybody feels the same way or played just the one way. But I do agree with others, she needs a survivability buff (from what I've seen on PC), aside from that not much has changed in regards to how I will play her when we actually do get the update (Console peasant :-P) because she was always much more than just a Miasma Monster.

Edited by (PS4)Mordeshkaiser

if by high end you mean level 100+ then of course not as those enemies are meant to kick our teeth in to get us to play smarter. but if you mean level 30-80(ish) then youre doing something wrong as ive seen plenty of saryns survive those levels barely ever going down. 

You did?! Ain't that cute! I saw a couple of Mags that were doing fine against level 80 enemies with Melee only. That must mean Mag is a good Melee frame, right? Makes me wonder though, why does nobody ever ask for Saryn when composing a high level party.

Yeah...come back to me once you get some actual experience instead of spouting nonsense about what you 'saw'.

Edited by Vardog

You did?! Ain't that cute! I saw a couple of Mags that were doing fine against level 80 enemies with Melee only. That must mean Mag is a good Melee frame, right?

Yeah...come back to me once you get some actual experience instead of spouting nonsense about what you 'saw'.

....what you said makes absolutely no sense what so ever. 

im already looking forward to it

checked that data on damage from pre rework and reworked thanks to my pc vets buds

and the damage is seriously upscaled on all accounts , its a tactical warframe now , not a melt all with one button but many 

the concept of play is use PWR1  watch it kill/spread

using the augment for toxic lash helps bring this spread N dead effect anything left standing with both effects active use miasma and oh does that stuff spread and down some serious enemies 

buff duration and energy efficiency and your golden lol

I don't think many of the pre-revamp Saryn players had brains evolved enough to communicate.

You'd be better off reaching them if you wrote your post in: 444444444444 44 4444444 444444 4 44444

I kid, I kid, don't hate

This sound really ironic from someone with Loki in his avatar.

/Just kid, no hate ;D

^ he makes a valid point you know

also lvl 80 in the starchart is not the same as lvl 80 in T4......that 3x damage boost makes a world of a difference at that level....so please everyone be specific about the levels

saryn does lack a lot of survivability mainly because she is forced to run into the fray to be fully effective with her skill usage

play saryn without a slow nova.....play saryn with no frost for protection.....play her with no limbo.....basically anything that has CC

she used to be viable as a solo high lvl warframe.....right now shes forced into team play more than anything (in my opinion)

Right back at you, buddy.

Just because you saw a few Saryns that weren't dying that much in high level missions doesn't mean her kit is perfect.

no but it does mean most are playing her wrong way. if her kit was completely bad (or even mostly) then even in high level missions she would be kissing dirt more often then not. since ive seen more than my fair share of not asking to be picked up then yes it means most are playing her wrong. she doesnt play the old way, she has a new way.... adapt to it or shelf her if you dont like it but either way she isnt nerfed but stronger.

You did?! Ain't that cute! I saw a couple of Mags that were doing fine against level 80 enemies with Melee only. That must mean Mag is a good Melee frame, right? Makes me wonder though, why does nobody ever ask for Saryn when composing a high level party.

In our clan we have something called "Ebola Squad"

it's our little compositions of:

Trinity - EV and some healing

Speed Nova - Faster enemys means faster killing

Saryn - Spores, Spores Everywhere

Ember - Finish them off with Fire

Ember was not really necessary as we could have used Guns ( yes, we were not using guns)

Most Enemys died from Saryns skills before reaching the Pod

At wave 60 in ODD we got bored and left

TL;DR Saryn not being used for High level gameplay does not mean she is not viable

She was nerfed. Her energy costs just to function are higher than ever. The press 4 to win logic definitely needed changing, but her current setup is just going to mean people migrate to other frames for their sure-fire pick.

Ember moved up a tier thanks to the Saryn changes. Which is good for me, of course, since I like Ember more.

That said - it is incredibly immature for any of you at all to keep clinging desperately to this "They just want to press 4 to win" crap in an attempt to disqualify any and all criticism about the changes. You should feel silly if you are actively taking part in keeping this going. It's childish. This is a feedback forum. It is best when there are many kinds of feedback.

no but it does mean most are playing her wrong way. if her kit was completely bad (or even mostly) then even in high level missions she would be kissing dirt more often then not. since ive seen more than my fair share of not asking to be picked up then yes it means most are playing her wrong. she doesnt play the old way, she has a new way.... adapt to it or shelf her if you dont like it but either way she isnt nerfed but stronger.

Why does it either have to GOOD or BAD with you people? All I said is that she needs some tweaks to two of her Abilities to make her more viable at higher end content. She has worse survivability than Rhino who isn't forced into Melee to make full use of his kit. Saryn, at her current state is a semi-Melee frame by design so she should be more durable than she currently is.

Edited by Vardog

She was nerfed. Her energy costs just to function are higher than ever. The press 4 to win logic definitely needed changing, but her current setup is just going to mean people migrate to other frames for their sure-fire pick.

Ember moved up a tier thanks to the Saryn changes. Which is good for me, of course, since I like Ember more.

That said - it is incredibly immature for any of you at all to keep clinging desperately to this "They just want to press 4 to win" crap in an attempt to disqualify any and all criticism about the changes. You should feel silly if you are actively taking part in keeping this going. It's childish. This is a feedback forum. It is best when there are many kinds of feedback.

^ i didnt want to say it but its best that a moderator does

You can spread the void herpes with minimal effort. The void herpes cuts enemy health in half. IN HALF. That means the point when your dread would cease one-shotting bombards is prolonged. It means the point where your preas 4 to build stops working is prolonged.

You don't even need to rely on toxin procs (though those are great for some enemies) because you just dealt half of that enemy's health worth of damage. At higher levels that can amount to thousands of pointa of damage.

deny it all you want, but the rework to saryn was in fact a nerf, sure it gave her a new more interesting playstyle, but that does not change the loss of effectiveness that resulted from it. as others have mentioned, she is more energy hungry than ever before, still far too frail to be melee focused (which is exacerbated by the new reliance she has on toxic lash to preform well), and her fourth was just trashed by this rework which no you can't cast away by saying it can be combo'd because the skill should be effective on its own first and foremost, combo'ing it should only make it more effective, not effective period. and before you say i'm just butthurt about her not being p42w, i've never been for the situation her fourth was in (pre and post rework) so that isn't the case, i just want all frames to have their best chance at being balanced in the game, and saryn's latest rework did not give her that. 

thank you