Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amidst All This New, Remember The Old Warframe. Remember How Far We've Gone. (Also, Old Lotus Art?)

Tesseract_The_Pariah

Back when grineer could only talk about each others mom's.....and apparently only had one combat formation.

Man this game has come a long way, and boy am I glad it did.  Every time I think i'm done with it, it draws me back in.

Edited by ZaiTheFish

I first played Warframe at Beta years ago, now after all this time I started playing Warframe in PS4 and I was mind blown.... it is nothing near how it was back then like Damn.

And seeing how DE work their butts off to keep the playerbase satisfied, I am sold xD

enjoy the 90$ you took from me Bungie and shove it in your you-know-where

"how far we've gone".

Yes, I can distinctly remember when charge attacks on melee weapons used to be fluid, and when similar melee weapons had different animations to each other without needing to grind for some arbitrary mod just to have the weapon behave properly.

On the topic of melee weapons, I remember when they were satisfying to use. Get a kill with a charge attack, and you get a guaranteed dismemberment or decent knockback on the corpse. Not this ridiculous dichotomy of "drop to the floor like a puppet with its strings cut" vs. "sent 200 metres into the distance if you happened to stick blast damage on".

This must be some kind of "rejoice, the chocolate ration has been increased from 15 grams to 10 grams" thing, yes?

Edited by DoomFruit

Some memories from my beta days:

Rainbow builds!

"Pfft Excalibur sucks Loki and Frost only :)))"

Ugh is there a way to not have these ugly roots in my dojo?

OMG GAIZ WE CAN THROW A MELEE WEAPON (Glaive based on Dark Sector)

And, my personal favorite:

Its the grineer.its always the grineer.

I would still choose the old delivery of warframe any day. The old representation of the game's animations, sound, ambience, etc all felt appropriate to the warframe universe. Sure, we have more modes, items and maps to play with today, but they don't give much of an impact in my opinion.

Way back 2013, whenever I log in, I take a few minutes just to look at my warframe sitting on the center of the universe surrounded by planets, while listening to the ambient sound of the old starchart. Boy, that alone made my warframe day satisfying.

Today, the only satisfying thing that will welcome you upon logging in is the lotus platinum price discount. 

I'm by no means a melee enthusiast but I find the combo animations we have now are way cooler than back in melee 1.0

The combo System is equally as bad.

We just got charge attacks reimplemented and there's not just one per weapon

There are very few changes made to this game that I would revert, those I would include removing wall run, capping copter distance to ten feet (I would have gone for thirty to fourty feet) , and a combo system with one attack button that revolves around timing or multiple input over sequenced single input across two or three attack buttons (example : weak weak strong) and most recently focus not involving usage of the warframe

Other than those changes of which aren't game ruining for me I'm happy with the evolution of the game and look forward to seeing what else the devs can bring to the warframe universe

Never played it back then, have only been playing since Mad Cephalon a year ago. 

Yeah, I actually much prefer the melee anims in this video than what we have now, and the slightly slower pace of melee, it seems more weighty and real (more like Neverwinter's "weighty" feel, which I really like). I've never really liked the "floaty/zippy/jerky" style of anims that derive from the fighting games influence and anime influence.

I think on the whole there's much more progress than regress from the game shown in this vid, especially in terms of graphics quality and detail (and obviously "stuff to do" in the game generally).

But it's not absolutely 100% roses, there do seem to have been a few things lost from the game we see in that vid.

Edited by Omnimorph