Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Damage 3.0 Removes Serration/damage Mods....

DisZeLegend

What's this post for?

Advising DE with anticipation that if they won't refund you, then you'll start kneejerking?

Or maybe mass manipulation to start influencing people thinking about having a refund in advance for your future gain?

Again and again and again: letting others know what's your skimpy and unargumented opinion?

Who cares? In all these 2 years I raised about 10 Serration/Hornet Strikes and gave em around, should I get refunded? I sincerely DON'T CARE.
The fact they're reworking the system to make it more appealing and functional isn't enough?

Edited by Burnthesteak87

They'll likely give a Legendary Core for every maxed out R10 base damage you have in your inventory. And a stock of Rare Cores for the ones that aren't max. 

However, I think that these mods will not be removed. They will be severely nerfed. Like, a LOT. As their function will be built into the weapons themselves, the mods will at best give 30%-50% bonus BASE damage. Much like health and shield mods that only boost those values from the base value. Same could be with weapons. 

To those who are not quite sure what I'm talking about: If your frame has 100 health at rank 1 and 300 at rank 30 (like Excal). Vitality will grant you health based on your BASE value, as in the value you have at rank 1. A maxed Vitality gives you +440% health. Meaning at rank 1, you'd have 540, and at rank 30 you have 740, 300+440. 

If these mods are to remain, they should work exactly the same way. If a rifle hits for 100 damage at rank 1 and 300 at 30 and a maxed out Serration gave 50% more damage. It would result in 150 at rank 1 and 350 at rank 30. 

In my eyes this is a good thing. Basically these mods would be vital at a weapon's early stages where that extra bit of damage really does stand out. At later ranks however, the damage boost though useful, would be overshadowed by other options that grant more versatility. Especially if scores of mods get a touch-up. 

This is all theorycrafting. But I do think that this would work. Now I also wish that DE would do something about making physical damage types just as important as elemental ones.

If they remove damage mods they better replace all those formas I used for different weapons.

Was thinking about this, I'd rather a one time option to re-polarise forma'ed slots on weapons after damage 3.0. I've spent so many formas to get the necessary amount of V's on the weapons I like to run, for the multishot/damage mods...Don't want to have to reforma everything again.

Was thinking about this, I'd rather a one time option to re-polarise forma'ed slots on weapons after damage 3.0. I've spent so many formas to get the necessary amount of V's on the weapons I like to run, for the multishot/damage mods...Don't want to have to reforma everything again.

I'd rather they change the Forma system where you don't slot the formas as a certain polarity, but rather each forma on an item allows for more higher ranked mods to be added without cutting into layout and polarity. E.G. Load a weapon with four formas = use four maxed ranked mods in any order in your mod layout and they all will have their drain cut down, no matter their polarity.

Not only that but they also need to rework the enemy scaling.

They've needed to do that regardless. They've need to that for well over a year, well before Damage 2.0 and Armor Scaling 2.0.

I'm highly skeptical that Damage 3.0 will bring those changes. 

Every time DE has gotten rid of mods, they've given us an equivalent number of fusion cores. Most recent instance was when Parkour 2.0 came out and they got rid of any mods relating to Stamina.

I haven't seen anything for my Stamina mods though. Not even a common core.

What's this post for?

Advising DE with anticipation that if they won't refund you, then you'll start kneejerking?

Or maybe mass manipulation to start influencing people thinking about having a refund in advance for your future gain?

Again and again and again: letting others know what's your skimpy and unargumented opinion?

Who cares? In all these 2 years I raised about 10 Serration/Hornet Strikes and gave em around, should I get refunded? I sincerely DON'T CARE.

The fact they're reworking the system to make it more appealing and functional isn't enough?

Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people don't or shouldn't.

Cores is usually what is given so I expect that at the very least.

I do question about all the re-formaing/releveling weapons I will inevitably have to do with said changes. This effects every thing I own pretty much.:S

Will there be compensation for that as well? 

They have never done so in the past so yea, not so fun times ahead I guess.

Edited by fizbit

I very much that it is not as simple as removing those mods. In fact damage 3.0 should be a very big jump to bring elementals and damage types on an even playing field. Not only that but they also need to rework the enemy scaling.

Doesn't matter how they rework enemy scaling.  Eventually enemies WILL hit the point where players just can't take them down, and this is intended (which is why our damage output is often designed to be flat numbers and not something that scales with the enemy.)  That's the nature of the beast with infinite levels.  It becomes a matter of when, not if.  

Though, generally yes.  If players want infinite scaling to die in a fire and for there to be interesting enemies finally, they'll have to let go of mods like hellfire increasing their rifle's damage output by +90%, if with heat damage.  Currently, there is resistance towards removing multi-shot (essentially double damage) and serration either because of a false sense of progression (level 1 =  Tenno does 10 damage and targets have 100 health, level 30 = Tenno does 100 damage and targets have 1000 health, "progress.") or because they think things will stay as they are otherwise, only now they're down serration.

We can't ask for a fix or rework to infinite scaling (there is no fix, it either is a thing or it isn't) but then expect our toys to remain untouched as some seem to think.  I'd hazard to say we're only allowed to go for as long as we do in endless missions, but DE never intended for us to be squaring off against level 100+ guys, aka, enemies that can literally one shot our frames.  I mean, by that point, the expectation is that we'd be dead long before we even chipped off an eighth of a heavy gunner's HP, but then CC spam became a thing.

Edited by Littleman88

I'm honestly not sure what I think about removing serration. It just seem like a way to push us all down on a lower level to make existing easy content, a bit harder. I really don't see the point.

Dont get mislead by the ignorance diffused by these useless threads.

Serration and the base damage increase (+690% to 720% damage) CAN'T be removed without touching the enemy level and scaling.

It's pretty obvious that it will be made baseline or powershifted into a single mod.

But here we go everything people only think about is gaining in advance, instead than enjoying an useful change.

They don't even theorycraft about it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/526890-september-11th-community-hot-topics/?view=findpost&p=5911344

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Serration and the base damage increase CAN'T be removed without touching the enemy level and scaling.

It's pretty obvious that it will be made baseline or powershifted into a single mod.

Didn't they mention that enemy scaling will be looked at as well?

Serration and the base damage increase CAN'T be removed without touching the enemy level and scaling.

But here we go everything people only think about is gaining in advance, instead than enjoying an useful change.

I'm not going to deny I don't get the idea behind it, but I am curious. I want the game to be overall more difficult or at least allow us to play difficult content. But based on the knowledge I had about this whole ordeal, I just couldn't see the reason for it. But if they do in fact adjust enemies appropriate to the change, then I can definately see some potential there.

Didn't they mention that enemy scaling will be looked at as well?

I think they did actually, but I completely forgot about that.

Edited by Zareek

I'm not going to deny I don't get the idea behind it, but I am curious. I want the game to be overall more difficult or at least allow us to play difficult content. But based on the knowledge I had about this whole ordeal, I just couldn't see the reason for it. But if they do in fact adjust enemies appropriate to the change, then I can definately see some potential there.

I think they did actually, but I completely forgot about that.

If you did check my link:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/526890-september-11th-community-hot-topics/?p=5911344

The basic problem is the MODDING SYSTEM.

It offers no build variety and just gives you the illusion of customization. Because the game requires you to only build for max damage.

This way a lot of mods fall unused (because, it's better using 8 slots for damage than for utility).

This problem started from DE announcing they wanted to fix the "mandatory mods" in some manner (starting from Multishot, Serration, etc.)

Edited by Burnthesteak87

The whole anti-multishot/damagemod topic is a huge trap for fools. DE either nerf veterans or buff newbies with such a move and some really think it's gonna be super... sad fools.

Scott said they would be looking at enemy scaling too. I think DE knows has systemic damage and multishot is, hence why everything is getting a fresh look. Getting a mod slot or two or three back from the mandatory mods would be nice. Making those mod effects a level scaling system is fine, if not a gamey way to do it. Enemy scaling rebalance should help noobs and vets alike. What I worry about is how this will just bring back rainbow builds.

Yeah this. 

Curious about the OP though - where did we hear that Serration might be being removed in something called "Damage 3.0"?

Personally, I think it would be disastrous for the game if they shuffled the system around that much that they felt they had to get rid of Serration.  Terrible idea.  One of the best things about the game is that the progression of damage, the thing you do most, is totally under your control as you level up, and not something awarded automatically as weapons level up.  It's a huge part of the addiction of the game.  Getting rid of it would make the game too boringly like other games. 

But I suppose I could cope of they did change it - but I would definitely want the ability to re-polarize slots if that did happen.