Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Prefer To Fight The Grineer Over The Corpus

Anatolius

Something more satisfying about shooting clones in the face rather than (mostly) faceless drones and robots.

Think about it, other than the Scrambas Roller Blade things you are shooting faceless blobs in Corpus missions.

I do like fighting Corpus, it is great using your speed to avoid incoming fire, but I do enjoy shooting Grineer more.

Edited by Egg_Chen

1. Grineer are more fun to fight.
2. Grineer actually can take your damage. 

3.Corpus are easy to kill via toxin through shields. 
4.Those shield drones that drop the blue orbs are annoying, and should rot in the pits of hell
5.They're just not fun. 

My total corpus kills are under 100k
while grineer are closing in to 300k
Infested 250k+
Corrupted 550k+ 

From a skill stand point I'll fight the corpus first over anything. Yes the nullify field gets old but its nothing you can't exploit.

I'm Nekros 9-10 times. A free bubble is really really nice.

Lore wise I fight infested every chance I get then Corpus (events of Gravity Deliuma still ring for me) and Grineer when ever they appear to need prunning.

Course that normally means I run into Zanuka way more then stalker but hey.

Edited by Avrose

I find the Corpus to be kinda meh. The Grineer seem to have more character to them. So, I often find myself choosing to fight the Grineer over Corpus most of the time. Yeah, nullifiers are annoying, as are the sapping ospreys, but even w/o them I still would choose to fight the Grineer over the Corpus.

Edited by nickelshark

Grineer. Stupid with tech, just bunch of bruts. While curpose have weapons and tech the can lock off out abilities. As well having those annoying moas -_-

Grineer. Stupid with tech, just bunch of bruts. While curpose have weapons and tech the can lock off out abilities. As well having those annoying moas -_-

I hate the corpus. Ever since i first fought them. Even before all the combas, nullies, ospreys, whatever. I hate them with a passion.

Then you should fight them. I am fighting stuff I hate and not stuff I like.

@topic: Grineer are giving more xp in general from my experience, which could be another reason.

Then you should fight them. I am fighting stuff I hate and not stuff I like.

@topic: Grineer are giving more xp in general from my experience, which could be another reason.

I was actually looking at some numbers in regards to base affinity and if the wiki is right why do Nullifers only give 150 affinity yet they give more in the void.

They do have heaviest but often heavy units for Grineer spawn at higher rates. Not common but uncommon rates like ballistics. And there are like 3 or 4 grineer while the heavy unit corpus spawn seems to ne lacking and most spawns are nullifers, osprey, moa, and like 3 or 4 different crewman. I def don't get the same experience

A few reason why I think grineer are favored are...

Grineer are very very slow, so easy to hit, easy to dodge their attacks

Corpus swarm fast, frequently and hit hard when they show up and are nearly impossible to avoid their hits to the same degree as you can avoid infested or grineer attacks.

Corpus have many more support units that have synergy with each other to help boost the factions effectiveness.    They block your powers, they force you to take cover almost always, they drop bombs on you, they swarm you from all sides, they have ranged knockdowns, they have very high rate of fire weapons, they practically don't miss unless you are bullet jumping through the air, they sneak up on you like a blitzing linebacker and hit hard when they do so and a single unit spawns more units to help attack you from above.

As for the infested, they are just easy....mostly melee and their ranged enemies are more annoying than deadly.    Almost all infested are one hit knockout test dummies including ancients but the one thing that do make infested less desirable than grineer is that they move very fast and spread shield bypassing toxin every damn where.    You kill a unit, it explodes in toxin, you get toxin lobbed at you, you get enemies going kamikaze and explode in toxin when hitting you or the wall, you get toxin radial damage affecting you from ancients, you also get magnetically drained of all your energy every 5 seconds so you practically run around with no energy.   

Oh and  I think maps make a huge factor as well.   Grineer maps are player friendly.  Easy to navigate, not a lot gets in the way of navigating around, it's easy to force spawns to a choke point and easy to manipulate the spawns overall or herd enemies as you wish.   

Corpus maps are too wide open and it makes it hard to manipulate their spawns as they seem to spawn anywhere unlike grineer.   Because of the map design and speed of corpus heavy units, corpus can easily swarm you from multiple angles with their deadliest enemies, something neither infested or grineer can do since their heavy units move rather slow or are easy to avoid or kill from long range.

Infested maps are very claustrophobic and there is often no clear direct paths to areas, there's lots of hitches, blocked paths, oddly shaped areas that's hard to navigate and visibility tends to be bad as well when enemies spam you with AOE's, especially those mutalists.

Grineer also have big ole heads, easy to hit and crit.  Corpus crewman are easy as well in this fashion with their big helmets but the vast majority of the rest of units do not have easy to hit weak spots.   same as the infested as most of  them don't have clear easy to hit heads or weak spots.   Like ancients have a very hard weak spot to hit.

Lastly, there seems to just be more missions with grineer as the main enemy than infested or corpus.   Most planets are dominated by the presence of grineer, so by default we fight them more often because of that.

For me it is the hit boxes on grineer versus corpus. 

Most grineer troops have a big fat body and a nice, well working head hitbox. Hitting a headshot feels really rewarding on Grineer troops imho. Corpus are often all over the place (moas have tiny head hit boxes, most of the crewmen / troops have smaller hitboxes than their helmets which leads to weird situations where bullets go straight through, flying units don't have a head at all, nullifiers require melee or lot of skirmishy shots to get to head hit box etc).

I think overall, Corpus wouldn't be so bad if certain weapons worked more uniformly (e.g some of the melee weapons hit fliers easily, others just sweep under. Aoe weapons tend to suck without a ground target etc). But either way, I think Corpus are actually an easier faction to deal with in terms of difficulty. For me it is purely a fun thing. 

Edited by SunniMao

I prefer the grineer even though they are harder to actually take down.

The corpus are just irritating, nothing like looking down a hall and it's a blob of 4 or more nullified bubbles, the floor glowing solid blue from the sappers and on top of that it looking like some giant kid dropped all his orange marbles in the mess...

While ya my Valkyr can just slide and spin through the masses and kill most of them... I'll have no energy and take a beating from all the mines.

And shooting them isn't an option because virtually everything just bounces off the nullifier bubbles, and even a sonicor with multishot and torent barely knock them down any while even using tonkor to lobb shells, unless you get lucky and they bounce between sheilds hardly dents them.

Edited by SilvaDreams

Having done sorties against both grineer and corpus i would have to say corpus are harder, those ospreys are annoying with their aoe pulse bombs which can lock down corridors especially if they overlap each other. Then you got nullifiers that not only prevent you from using buffs and persistent abilities, but completely dispel any effects on other enemies around them. Those new weird floaty guys who use whips, they suck too.

The grineer have bombards, heavy gunners and napalms, which are tough but not nearly as effective as the ospreys, nullifiers and floaty guys....you know what i talking about.

I like to fight against grineer mostly becuase they reward me with way more exp. And im not talking about exp farming like Drako, where is no nuliies, so i can kill faster and get exp even faster, im talking about normal gameplay. And also, im siding with grineer in any conflict, stince Gradivus dillems, because grineers have awesome personalities. Sargas Ruk, the one, who hate tenno, but even respect them, their warrior ways. And lorewis, he is bad@SS artefact hunter and archeologist. Grineers has Tyl Regor, the guy with most interesting lines and INSANEY cool voice acting and concept behind himselfe, as gene manipulator and gene engeneer, but he is not only lab coat rat, he is soldier, field tester and field scientist.

Also, grineer units feels more satisfable to fight, I dont know, how to describe it. Maybe they have different tactics? Like manics, scorchers, etc, commanders with their teleport, melee guys who can teleport to ur back, etc.

Fight against corpus is just blue color mess, with rare ocassion of yellow splashes from oxium ospreys. And yeah, before nullies corpus the easist to fight faction, but i mostly not fighted against them, becuase it was totally boring.

Btw, im still like to fight against infested, because im preffer melee playstyle, but grineer also can be meleed pretty good, they dont has this insane amount of annoying drones, like corpus has.

I hate the corpus end game so freaking annoying. Rail Moas will one shot you through 1600 shields, mines will be dropped right in the middle of your squad instantly downing all of you, Techs will just look on your general direction mow you down and those damn bubbles, I hate those bubbles...

The Corpus is full of enemies immune to stealth finishers with less obvious (or non-existent) weak points. All of the humanoids also have helmets.

Ospreys are annoyingly small and annoyingly mobile. Combas and Scrambuses are also annoyingly mobile.

Grineer have high spawn rates for heavy units that give a lot of affinity. Corpus not so much.