The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'az' Menu Poll: Stay Or Go?

[DE]Rebecca

AZ Menu Poll  

552 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55uV7mw.jpg

Tenno,

We are in the process of redesigning our Chat UI, and as a result some features could possibly be removed to make room for new and different things.

One such feature is the 'AZ' menu that can be toggled open beside the chat box. This menu allows you to jump to the corresponding letter in the connected user list to browse names that begin with that letter.

The poll is simple: Would you miss this feature if we removed it in our redesign?

Let us know.

Poll closes January 25th at 10:00 a.m Eastern Time.

I think it should stay.

It's useful for seeing if a specific person is online in, say, a large alliance chat, and we don't have to scroll through hundreds of names.

If it was removed it should be replaced with something else. But the only thing I can think of to replace it is just another one of it.

I can see it being useful, though I don't use it much personally, since you can already whisper people by clicking on their names as they chat.

There was a time when you couldn't, which made it useful, but now I guess it could go, but if it isn't that much of a hassle, then let it stay.

Neutral vote for me

Edited by Neah

I will say yes because I'd miss it in my Clan chat. We are a small clan, and it's super nice to have a list of who's in and who's out.

Also, in-mission squad chat is one of the fastest ways to check if one of your teammates has dropped without you noticing. Quite useful.

Why don't you make it toggleable? I'd probably use it for Squad and Clan, but not for the rest.

never used it, replace it with a search, 

Lets say, I'm looking for the player vamist (my old account) which i wanted to friend him, 

I would look on region chat and oh look, i have to scroll past 100 people, Or press that button V, which then i have to search every person with the name V for "vamist"

Search would be easier, lets say i lost somebodys name, but i knew a part of it, so i typed "Vam" and it linked up with vamist, which would help a lot more, instead of the "V" or "a" button

tl;dr? Add search, i never used the "A" or "b" bar

I will say yes because I'd miss it in my Clan chat. We are a small clan, and it's super nice to have a list of who's in and who's out.

Also, in-mission squad chat is one of the fastest ways to check if one of your teammates has dropped without you noticing. Quite useful.

Why don't you make it toggleable? I'd probably use it for Squad and Clan, but not for the rest.

You sure you are talking about this thing?

b561bcfe82.png

I would, sometimes chat just scrolls up too fast to catch a persons name in trading and you can remember their name sorta but can't exactly recall its full spelling so going /w name message might not work. So going to the area their name would be is much faster and easier for me. I'd miss it if it was gone. It's certainly helped a lot in most cases.

Edited by Cmdr-A