Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard To Get Good Mesa Color Schemes

SirSipLip

Question

18 answers to this question

Quite nice. I find mesa fairly easy to color, she looks good in many combos. Just click on random until you get something that fits nicely, modify a bit and there you go.

For example post above me, mesa can use white jacket but orange can be replaced with wide variety of colors and all all will look fine.

Or when you're in doubt black + purple/gold details, classic orokin white /dirty white +gold details etc ...

http://puu.sh/mAeyG/74c4506aa8.jpg

Mesa is typically hard to colour because the head coordinates with bits that are hard to see.

I think its hard to color her because of the primary color is used on quite a lot of her body! With the wrong color it easily looks stupid.

For example my main colors won't work on her...she just looks awkward with them...

Only a few combinations really work IMO, some of them we see here.

While my general colour choices always fall to a combination of teal and black or white, I think this particular scheme compliments Mesa very nicely.

2015-10-27_00002_zps4oulwqor.jpg

I like that! Thats what i am aiming for, but what turquoise did you use? (Palette)

I am glad you like my choice of colours -Blaze-, despite it being barely different from Ognj's.

Here is a screenshot of the Smoke and Ice palette, on which are the particular shades I've picked for Mesa (shown as selected).

2d849wo.png

I am glad you like my choice of colours -Blaze-, despite it being barely different from Ognj's.

Here is a screenshot of the Smoke and Ice palette, on which are the particular shades I've picked for Mesa (shown as selected).

Thanks for sharing...now i need to get the plat for both these paletts! :/

Was hoping it may is a color i have :)

And regarding Ognj's colour: it made me think 'how would mesa look with the grey when i change the red to turquoise' and then your post hit xD

My most used color is turquoise and not red!

but i love the contrast that comes with both of your colour choises

Edited by -Blaze-

It's entirely subjective, and there is no right answer. Whatever looks good to you is good. It's your Mesa.

Just keep messing with colors until you find something. If all the colors don't work, you need to save platinum up to buy some color sets.

Good luck.