Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.4.0

[DE]Drew

When I was looking at the loading screen I was like;

"What the hell, another Warframe? ALREADY? That's not good. They will keep designing themselves into a corner and seriously damage the longevity of the game. They need to save and be sparingly with designs to feed the coming years. Warframe has the potential to leave a mark in gaming history, but only if DE keeps on it for years."

Then I checked patchnotes and was like;

"A trinity skin? That is so far removed from Trinity I don't even know where to start. So you throw out such great designs that could be good enough for a standalone instance of itself? Honestly the design reminds me more of a Guildwars 1 ritualist. I was suspecting that Nekros would get a sister now. Skins like that are putting the game in a weird place. You snip on the design ability to have new Warframes and trying to explain it lore-wise is also a bit wonky, but let's leave that out for the moment.

The biggest concern is placing something like that wrongly. A re-skin should not move away so much from the original. Valkyr was logical. It was her previous form (although there are a few design errors with it) so that's perfectly legit. I bought it and applauded DE for that move. New Saryn skin was at least recognizable as Saryn. New Loki was very much recognizable as such. Rhino skin was completely OUT there, where I thought "that's a weird design choice for a new warframe, doesn't really seem to fit." and so is Trinity skin now.

Likewise, a Warframe should not be released so soon. I believe you have gotten too fast with Nezha following Ivara. she barely got any loading screen time. Much less than Nezha."

Bottom line: Please get a bit closer to the original when designing skins, so you can re-use the concepts like the current Trinity skins for new Warframes. Copying features is not bad. Rhino's codpiece is very similar to Volt's codpiece, and Zephyr sure has a take on that too. Copying features is NOT bad. Trinity skirt shouldn't be exempt from being re-used for a different Warframe.

As said, current trinity skin looks like Guildwars 1 Ritualist spin for Warframe, which is a good thing, it goes back to the more organic and intertwined shapes, so that could totally be a sister of Nekros. Maybe even a mix of Nyx and Nekros. You WILL inevitably run into copycat issues. To me, Nezha feels like a male version of Ember. And you know what? Why not. I don't expect every new Warframe to be something TOTALLY different. Because in the end there are only so many possibilities that "fit."

That Trinity skin... I'll be completly honest: It's the definition of "Made in China" for me.

I was hoping for something... Saryn Orphid Skin's grade... and what we got? An ugly, loli-reminding chinanisation of a really good frame. The helmet is incredibly ugly from behind (And the cloth pieces are bugged on invisible high shoulders sometimes), can't stand to look at it for more than one mission... not speaking about the skirt and the comically this... legs? Sticks? Whatever's mounted on her lower part... not to say that it's very hard to choose attachments that would suit her and won't look either bugged (clipping!) or just awfully nonesense.

Please, tell me that skin is some sick China joke and that we'll get a real Trinny deluxe skin eventually...

Great, first you kill all Exterminate mission types with those ridiculous spawns and now you do the same to Excavation with the extractors spawning all over the map. RIP to another game mode. Game's getting smaller every patch. :/

Thank you...

1. For killing another mission type and making farming cores and keys an even bigger grind (excavation).

2. For turning yet another gun from playable to mr fodder (redeemer).

3. For implementing a half-designed focus system and leaving it without any attention for over a month.

Why is that Conclave gets all the good changes and all we get is constant nerf and frame skins that don't match the warframe universe? I thought that Loki skin was horrible but vodoo trinity takes the cake...

Btw. what happened to the old rule " if it works, don't touch it"? Why did you have to mess with excavations? They were working perfectly.

Big disappointments :(

Edited by Grim_Grimlock

Various improvement have been made to enemy spawning in Exterminate Missions, focusing on keeping a steady flow of enemies from the start of the Mission till reaching Extraction.

Tested on 6 Exterminations. Had to wait at extraction points not for 1-3 lost enemies but for dozen of them.

Nice work! Oh wait...

Redeemer Bug :

High Noon stance combos E-Wait-E and E-Right-Mouse-E stop after the double shot (most likely due to the attemted fix of the Rapid-Fire Redeemer)

Reproduction : Trying to execute the Combos.

Chaining of chargeshots now impossible.

Reproduction : Fire a Charged shot and during the animation but after the shot has been fired press and hold Melee/Quick-Melee again -> Will not register.

Rapid Fire Redeemer is still alive and kicking.

Reproduction :

Equip a single-fire Secondary (Tested for Lex Prime, Vaykor Marelok) or Twin Grakata.

Set a Button for "switch to Melee", in this case I used C.

When the secondary is currently equipped, hold Quick-Melee (E) for a charge shot, and during that press C-C-E -> Rapid Fire engaged.

Also posted in General Bugs:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/598119-post-184-redeemer-is-now-a-bugfest/

Edited by ShikiRen

Ditto that... noticed it during a trade... not sure if it replaced anything but i have 3 as well.

It's the Karak Wraith Barrel, they fudged up the String that contains the name.

Thank you...

1. For killing another mission type and making farming cores and keys an even bigger grind (excavation).

2. For turning yet another gun from playable to mr fodder (redeemer).

3. For implementing a half-designed focus system and leaving it without any attention for over a month.

Why is that Conclave gets all the good changes and all we get is constant nerf and frame skins that don't match the warframe universe? I thought that Loki skin was horrible but vodoo trinity takes the cake...

Btw. what happened to the old rule " if it works, don't touch it"? Why did you have to mess with excavations? They were working perfectly.

Big disappointments :(

They broke the Redeemer, yes, but it is still as powerful as it was before. And the bugs should get fixed, after all the thing that broke it didn'T even do what it was supposed to, the Redeemer can still be made to autofire easily. What they actually need to do to fix this is making queuing Weaponswitch during a charge-attack impossible. That should be doable by disabling WeaponSwitch,Switch to Primary, Switch to melee etc. during charge-attacks. Then they can remove that "forced-stow-away" that produces the current glitches.
Edited by ShikiRen

Excavator and energy carrier spawns are busted now, makes playing the game mode infuriating and not fun. Hoping we get a 18.4.1 to roll back all the excavation changes, they need to be re-thought.

And roll back Redeemer change along with it. It didn't fix anything but broke everything that worked.

• You can now jump through this: http://gfycat.com/CompetentDangerousHorseshoebat
  • Fixed some logic in enemy AI that would cause them to retreat into cover before moving forward into cover to get within range to attack.  Enemies should now have more courage when attacking, pressing forward more frequently in Defense, Mobile Defense, Excavation and Survival Missions.

Oooooooh my gosh!!! Dreams really do come true!!!