Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Isnt The Lens A Repeatable Reward?

Hypernaut1

A lot of people have excessive amounts of lenses. The fact that you can only run one sortie a day, and that that one sortie gave you a reward that may not be foresee-ably useful, was not appealing to some people (You can only have one active tree, so I think most people just level that up, and just use one lenses type).

Although I am among these people, I'm not sure that this is a good solution. In the thread about the changes, Rebecca did note that they were paying attention to this particular aspect.

You got some information here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/602084-hotfix-1845/

• Please note that repeatable and non-repeatable assignments could change depending on feedback and more. For example, while many players are frustrated with getting repeat Lenses, some recipes rely on duplicate Lenses to craft. We will be watching and reading over the next while to assess.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

Why do you "hate" getting lenses? i never understood the outcry. You need 4 to put on your items to gain focus. Is DE really listening to people whining about reasonable rewards now ? 

I'd much prefer a chance at getting more than 4 different lenses instead of only being able to earn 1 greater lens a season.

A lot of people have excessive amounts of lenses. The fact that you can only run one sortie a day, and that that one sortie gave you a reward that may not be foresee-ably useful, was not appealing to some people (You can only have one active tree, so I think most people just level that up, and just use one lenses type).

Although I am among these people, I'm not sure that this is a good solution. In the thread about the changes, Rebecca did note that they were paying attention to this particular aspect.

"excess lenses" ? this shouldn't even be possible. I thought the idea was to outfit all of yoru gear with a greater lens...i guess people only use them on their frames?
Edited by Hypernaut1

It's something they're monitoring. Some people like duplicate lenses, some people don't.

im pretty sure the people that dont like duplicate lenses won't like anything unless its a legendary core every other sortie- then when they have enough of those they'll hate that too.

i dont see how 25 r-cores is better than a lens. you can get cores from anywhere. Sorties is the only non-plat way to get a lens. So its not like removing the lens increase your chance at rare items. You could even sell a lens for 5p

Edited by Hypernaut1

Why do you "hate" getting lenses? i never understood the outcry. You need 4 to put on your items to gain focus. Is DE really listening to people whining about reasonable rewards now ? 

I'd much prefer a chance at getting more than 4 different lenses instead of only being able to earn 1 greater lens a season.

"excess lenses" ? this shouldn't even be possible. I thought the idea was to outfit all of yoru gear with a greater lens...i guess people only use them on their frames?

I myself am not endgamed/built.

I would much rather receive 10 bronze fusion cores over a lens.

There are more than 4 lenses so if you really need to you can just trade for them most people are more than willing I'd rather not get a lense every day for a week though gets annoying at some point

According to the update notes people complained about receiving them. However I think of lenses exactly like forma because they are common and useful. People complain about getting forma/lens because they wanted a weapon/frame part instead. Players pin their bad luck to the item they received. The funny thing is this new system isn't going to help them, instead of lenses they'll just end up with cores.

The only way for lenses not to be useful is if you have a plethora of greater lenses and are a fair way into the teachings. Otherwise if you are new to the focus system this is just going to hurt over a long period.

There are more than 4 lenses so if you really need to you can just trade for them most people are more than willing I'd rather not get a lense every day for a week though gets annoying at some point

Most people will not be willing unless it's for plat. Considering how most of us got lenses for free up till now, forcing players to go through trade is again just hurting new players.

Edited by Postal_pat

I don't hate getting lenses. Here is my general problems with them:

- I don't need 4 lenses to earn focus for a particular tree. One works (although slowly).

- They take up a much more valuable reward slot. In terms of raw plat value, almost any other reward one-ups lenses.

- A greater lens is 40p. If I really NEED a lens that badly, I can always get them for reasonably cheap. One legendary core, for example, can pay for a lot of greater lenses, in different trees.

- Any other reward is more personally preferable to me.

Again, I don't hate lenses. I just think other rewards are better.

No outcry here, i buy greater lens on the market and sell lesser one for 10p, since it's not my main source of platinium i don't mind seeing it becoming a one time reward that's all ^

Some people keep getting the same one every day and the base ones don't go for much in the market. When I last check (which was a while ago) I tried to trade Madurai lenses and platinum for Nezha parts, but little to no one didn't even want the lenses.

Anyway, the point with my first post was only to show you that they are actually looking for constructive criticism on the change.

my personal opinion would be the have the point system they talked about and limit you to use some of those points each day to chose one of the lenses.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

I don't know how I feel about the lenses... I quit Sorties for like a week because I kept getting Unairu lens after Unairu lens... but I had to buy Naramon lenses because of how little they dropped and nobody wants to trade them for other lenses anymore.

Just give us a damn token system already so I can buy the lenses I want/need and get something that actually feels rewarding from the sorties rather than more junk to scrap in trade.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Lenses shouldn't be basically a twice a month Chance reward. Players can potentially have the use for... a crapload of them.

it would be like making Forma a non-repeatable reward. you don't need hundreds of it technically, you could just stick with one piece of Equipment, but you also could not do that sooo.

I like getting lenses, especially as this is the only place to get them without plat or trading. Hopefully I can stock up some before this change hits consoles. Are tokens for things like weapon parts still being considered?

I don't think they trashed the idea, actually this change look more like a band-aid before they finish the token system^

Common price for one lens on the market 5 plat.

Rare cores are worth 2 plat each , but no one wants to wait around hours to find the one buyer willing to pay the actual going rate so lets say they are 1 plat each for a quick sell

that's 25 plat / 50 plat core rewards

No one will argue the value of a legendary core so lets leave that out

exilus / catalyst we cant trade but ar worth 10/20 in the market

To me from a pure math stand point id rather have any of the above (except maybe the exilus) then a lens.

Edited by --Skitz0--

I don't hate getting lenses. Here is my general problems with them:

- I don't need 4 lenses to earn focus for a particular tree. One works (although slowly).

- They take up a much more valuable reward slot. In terms of raw plat value, almost any other reward one-ups lenses.

- A greater lens is 40p. If I really NEED a lens that badly, I can always get them for reasonably cheap. One legendary core, for example, can pay for a lot of greater lenses, in different trees.

- Any other reward is more personally preferable to me.

Again, I don't hate lenses. I just think other rewards are better.

-they DONT take up a valuable reward slot. They just got replaced with cores. You are not going to get anything more "valuable". Its definitely not going to increase your chances to get a legendary core.

I can believe people dont understand that removing something doesnt increase their chances at rare rewards. Same thing happened with Forma. I hope this isnt the kind of feedback DE listens to when they make changes.

Rare cores are worth 2 plat each , but no one wants to wait around hours to find the one buyer willing to pay the actual going rate so lets say they are 1 plat each for a quick sell

To me from a pure math stand point id rather have any of the above (except maybe the exilus) then a lens.

You can get cores from almost anywhere. How is it more valuable than lens? The same lens that were going for 100p a piece before DE put them on the market.

Edited by Hypernaut1

The time spent trading can just as easily have been spent getting cores elsewhere. Lenses are exclusively found in Sortie.

You might as well be arguing that Fusion Cores should be the reward in the void rather than prime parts.

My biggest frustration with sorties is NOT getting lenses. I can build you a truck load of Karaks and Deras. In the last season I only had one lens drop, It was getting really frustrating. I am leveling all trees and have a lot of Frames and weapons that still need greater lenses.