Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Realising I Didn't Get Chosen For Gotl...

Mrniko95

1700+ Hours played ( since the first days of U7) 

Active on Region chat helping players. 

I play most of days about 4-5 hours. 

I help new players on missions showing them the basics.

Maybe some people who plays on north america east region know me.

Being a GotL was my dream since the program went up. and the only reason i wanted to play.

So after more than 3 years playing i decided to uninstall the game , maybe i'll be back on another year , i've met wonderful people. 

I'm so dissapointed they chose a fairly non- active player to be the new GotL for south america region. 

Edit : Currently i'm studing an engineering and i dont have much plenty time to play at the university , so i decided to give my free time to be a GotL and spend time there , being a Gotl was the only reason to keep the game so this is why i decided to uninstall the game ( Why would you keep  a game that you're never going to play in a good time?) . as i said , i'll apply again maybe in one year.  

PDb44A5.png

oDd01or.png

"Thank you DE"... 

Edited by Mrniko95

This is definitely not the way to react to something like this, after all, it is just a title with a tad more privileges.

Look at me, I've not be selected (haven't even tried applying) and I'm happy with just helping people as they need it, or if I happen to run into one that is in need of assistance.

You showing these screenshots just to prove that you may or may not have deleted Warframe for not receiving a spot in the GOTL, it tells me what kind of personality you have.

Just throw something away, when you don't have it quite the way you wanted it? Do you really think that's the kind of person we want as a guide?

I'm not criticizing you or anything, just it seems like a bit of a huge step to delete Warframe (or even joke about it), just because you didn't get selected for the "Guides of the Lotus" in the end.

Just my opinion. But don't give up, perhaps you'll be selected in the future, if that is your dream.

:)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Ok. You didn't get picked. Do you want it just for the title or to actually help out players? Just because you have over 1700+ doesn't guarantee you a spot for GoTL. Whining about it won't do much either. You can either whine and leave the game OR help contribute to the game by helping out newer players which is EXACTLY what GoTL do, henceforth GUIDES of the Lotus.

You my friend suffer from what is known as kiss ! syndrome. To put it bluntly. Your the type of person who will manipulatively try to be nice to gain prestige and power. 

I don't blame you for this, but I am not going to sympathize with you.

I have played for 3.5k hours

I actively help on region

I have a BUNCH of newbie friends

I have never heard of you and I use to be on Region all the time 5-9PM.

I have never asked to be GOTL, and don't want to be. 

Having a pretty name won't make you any better of a player. DE does not give special treatment to GOTL.

ALSO, they are choosing people from other regions so that PEOPLE IN US EAST DON'T HAVE TO GO TO AFRICAN SERVERS TO MOD. 

A GOTL I know actually informed me about this, and I said that was a good idea. 

Edited by Feallike

This certainly isn't the way to act if you had plans on being accepted.

Not only that, but:

I'm so dissapointed they chose a fairly non- active player to be the new GotL for south america region. 

How do you know this, exactly?

Hours-played is not an indicator of how good of a Guide someone might be, and more of just a general guideline of how much they might know. There will always be additional rounds in the future.

Continue on helping new players, speaking in this manner only shows that you are perhaps....Jealous. Which wouldn't be a good trait for a guide of the lotus to have in the first place. Being a guide shouldn't encourage you to help those in need. Everyone isn't going to be recognized, so continue doing what you were at first...helping newer players...  

Edited by (PS4)Madkiller2580

Not sure why this topic was necessary at all. Seriously. You can continue to help players and, in technicality, be your own personal GotL. You don't need the title from [DE] to be one on your own accord.

I'm just gonna sit here and sigh. This is.. pathetic, I think is the right word.

*Sighs*

I didnt get it ether, was even told by a few of the ones picked that i should of got it instead of them, lol. But with that said, I wish all new GotL's the best and to all the others who didnt get picked stay hopefull the Lotus will need us sooner or later.

Just because you and some of your friends think you should be one doesn't mean the DE thinks so. Also they choose the most needed if you play on a server like US East you have a much lower chance to be picked then on a African server since they have A LOT of Eastern GOTL.

Not sure why this topic was necessary at all. Seriously. You can continue to help players and, in technicality, be your own personal GotL. You don't need the title from [DE] to be one on your own accord.

I'm just gonna sit here and sigh. This is.. pathetic, I think is the right word.

*Sighs*

100000000% agree. This is in better terms pathetic and stupid.

So the op is unistalling wf because they were passed over for a fancy title that basically just denotes what they were doing anyway?

Did I read the claim right that the op joined wf so they could be a gotl? Just... Why? It's a volunteer position you are essentially committing to working for free. So why is the title such a big deal? If you actually like helping people then doing so would be its own reward.

I'm sad for you making this post though, this could hurt your chances if you ever want to apply again.

This certainly isn't the way to act if you had plans on being accepted.

Not only that, but:

How do you know this, exactly?

Hours-played is not an indicator of how good of a Guide someone might be, and more of just a general guideline of how much they might know. There will always be additional rounds in the future.

Currently i'm studing an engineering and i dont have much plenty time to play at the university , so i decided to give my free time to be a GotL and spend time there , being a Gotl was the only reason to keep the game so this is why i decided to uninstall the game ( Why would you keep  a game that you're never going to play in a good time?) . as i said , i'll apply again maybe in one year. 

Currently i'm studing an engineering and i dont have much plenty time to play at the university , so i decided to give my free time to be a GotL and spend time there , being a Gotl was the only reason to keep the game so this is why i decided to uninstall the game ( Why would you keep  a game that you're never going to play in a good time?) . as i said , i'll apply again maybe in one year. 

Why would you give your free time to be a GotL?

Why not give your time to be a Tenno?

Seriously. Not many people play games just for a VERY SMALL CHANCE at a specific title(As far as I know. You understand what I mean).

And the ones that do shouldn't be playing the game in the first place(Unless its a game with like, ranking titles and such. Not moderator titles and all that stuff).