Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Prime/umbra

(PSN)blue23454

I know I know, everyone is tired of reading this.

I just really want to rant for a hot minute and share my Warframe experience in the best place I know the devs will see, and I've done plenty of searches, and between the forums, reddit, the wiki, etc. I'm going to try my best to make sure I'm not beating a dead horse with another dead horse (though I admit, the horse will get beat). I really feel like the consoles could be getting shafted, and I just wanna talk about it.

As a PS4 player, I hate not having Excal Prime. Excal has been (easily) my favorite frame since I built him. I think it's kind of a funny story, I thought Loki would be my favorite of the starters, I honestly thought Excal and Mag sounded kinda dumb. After Loki, I built Rhino, then Ember, then (memory gets hazy) Nova to Nyx, to Frost Prime. At that point, if not later, I looked at Excalibur thinking, "May as well, I need mastery, I don't know who to build and he's a starter so just get it over with." Slash dash was loads of fun, but as soon as I had Radial Blind it was pretty much a done deal. All my friends told me I was stupid for putting super jump on him, but honestly even that ability I just found too useful to not install on my standard build (back when abilities were mods). It wasn't long after I found out about the Founder's thing, and honestly, I get it. Without the Founders, I wouldn't even get to play the game, so while I hate not having Excal Prime, it's something I can live with. Kinda sucks when you know there will never be a prime version of your favorite frame. All my friends' favorite frames, they managed to build the prime versions of, but that's alright since a frame doesn't need to be prime to be viable, like I can still have just as much fun. Besides (iirc) only difference between Excal and Excal Prime is cosmetic. That being said, did consoles ever get an opportunity to help fund the game?

Console players just get the updates PC gets, but at a later date, meaning we get the cleaner less buggy version of the game, but that's not something we intended as console gamers. We don't play Warframe on our consoles because of that, we do it because we prefer consoles, and Warframe happens to be a great console game. Given the chance, a lot of people would have given money to help fund this game, which brings me to my main point.
PC gets Excal Prime exclusively, which is fine by me since Warframe (therefore Excal) wouldn't exist without it. Consoles get a glowy Excal skin, which is kinda cute if you like distracting other players with bright, busy colors. China gets Excal Umbra (Prime?).
Now, as far as I know, DE is still deciding how to implement Excal Umbra into international build. Maybe he'll be a skin, maybe he'll be a frame. I'm looking at it this way. PC got a Founders pack, consoles didn't, then China got a Founders pack. 
Excal Umbra, as a skin, strikes me as a huge middle finger to the Founders in the sense that you're now keeping a warframe (content) away from the people who helped make this game possible. It's also kind of a huge middle finger to the console players, as we were never really given a chance to contribute to get an exclusive warframe at all. 

The information I have (up to date to the best of my knowledge) is that DE is unsure if Excal Umbra should be a frame or a skin in the international build, it's my opinion that the frame should be made available to us, exactly as it is in China. Reason being it's pretty much unfair to everyone. Without the Founders on PC, the game wouldn't exist for consoles or China. Without even the players who buy platinum (and let's be honest, who reading this, PC or console, hasn't paid some amount of money for platinum) the game wouldn't exist for China. It's cool to give them timed exclusives, but that's really all they should get. It might not exist in China without the Chinese Founders thing but it wouldn't exist without the rest of us in the West either. 

Sorry to beat a dead horse but I'm just sitting here like
I accept that I'll never have the Prime version of my favorite Warframe because the people who do have it are the reason I get to play in the first place, but now an even newer version is being released, objectively better than the original, inaccessible to myself and others who have invested time and money into this game which all sums to its success, and if DE decides to give it to us as a skin, I'll still never really have it. Regardless of how much time and money I've poured into Excalibur alone, it'll actually never be as good as the version that DE's newest customers get.

To DE, I'm not really sure what there is to discuss, it seems pretty clear to me. To Founders, keeping the warframe exclusive and giving them a skin isn't right. To people like me, who are still holding on to some glimmer of hope for an upgraded version of our favorite frame even though we know we will never get Excal Prime, it isn't right. To anyone whose ever bought platinum, and therefore contributed to this game's success and therefore made it possible for you to reach out for more customers, it isn't right.

If any information I've presented is inaccurate, I apologize, the internet is a big place and there seems to be much more speculation than fact on this topic.

So, TL;DR
I'm not saying give me Excal Prime because I want him and forget the Founders, I'm saying it makes sense to keep that exclusive. What doesn't make sense is completely disregarding the Founders to give a new exclusive (completely inaccessible to them) while also skipping over the consoles entirely when both PC and consoles have contributed significantly to this game's success over the past couple years. I'm also not trying to cry about the sky falling. To the best of my knowledge, DE is still deciding, this is simply my opinion on what should be done and why. 

Edited by (PS4)blue23454

Sorry man, What stays Founders stays Founder, they dont' care..

They where there from the beginning and who rised Warframe from the ground up.

We are not getting Excal Prime, in any form or shape, we will have Umbra..

Cased Closed

Edited by LegionCynex

Sorry man, What stays Founders stays Founder, they dont' care..

They where there from the beginning and who rised Warframe from the ground up.

We are not getting Excal Prime, in any form or shape, we will have Umbra..

Cased Closed

Okay but this was kind of the main point of my post

I'm not asking for Excal Prime, I get it, that makes sense, it shouldn't be open for debate.

But the only confirmed info I've found on Umbra is we might get it as a skin, we might get it as a frame

and that's what I take issue with

Our Excalibur Umbra will be as much close as possible to Chinese Excalibur Umbra Prime and I hope it'll be enough to close this Excalibur Prime issue once and for all.

China WF is not entirely another game but it's sort of, so it definitely needed something to push it as the global game did 3 years ago; that said, I'm glad we're getting Umbra too(even if not 10000000% identical), especially for console players like you and more in general for non founders.

Also, 2 clarifications:

1. Excalibur Prime has a slight stats boost too, it's not just cosmetic difference

2. Excalibur Umbra will be a new frame, not just a skin, that's confirmed already

Edited by siralextraffo

-snip-

Well, I'm just saying, you made a pointless long topic about something that is not up to debate

So A: Change the topic compaptley or B: Request it for a Lock.

Why?, cuz Founders will come here and pretty much mow you down..

Anyways for your qeastion, if you payed attention to the Warframe Forms, at all there is a huge Umbra, topic with all the details about him. that we have so far.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/573303-umbra-warframe-discussion-news/

Yeah it's like this Warframe is DE's game. The creators of this game can and will do whatever they want weather it is fair, unfair, or outright corrupt b/c it's their game and they make the rules. So don't take it seriously at all b/c there is no real diplomatic discussion. Accept it for what it is or you can always go play another game. I say that out of without trying to sound snotty but it is what it is.

Yeah it's like this Warframe is DE's game. The creators of this game can and will do whatever they want weather it is fair, unfair, or outright corrupt b/c it's their game and they make the rules. So don't take it seriously at all b/c there is no real diplomatic discussion. Accept it for what it is or you can always go play another game. I say that out of without trying to sound snotty but it is what it is.

You and me both..

I'm not even a Founder, and I'm getting sick of it..

Excal Prime, is a Cosmetic Frame, he has slots, that anyone can easily get via Forma & he has boosts in one Stat, and should stay like that.

You and me both..

I'm not even a Founder, and I'm getting sick of it..

Excal Prime, is a Cosmetic Frame, he has slots, that anyone can easily get via Forma & he has boosts in one Stat, and should stay like that.

I'm getting sick of being reminded that I can't get those 9000 mastery points and a pimped up version of Excalibur in terms of stats and costmetics. Please, it hurts everytime, so let's not go there.

I am eagerly awaiting Excal Umbra and hope he can be a fair replacement for Excal Prime.

Ok, so I'm not exactly understanding what you are saying. I know you understand Excalibur Prime won't ever be released again and are fine with that, but if I'm understanding what you wrote correctly, you also think that Excalibur Umbra will be a China exclusive?

DE has stated that Excalibur Umbra, along with the new line of Umbra warframes, will be released on the global build for everyone once they figure out how they want to do it. DE has also stated in a Dev stream that the Umbra warframes will not be a simple skin. They will have their own abilities and such to make them unique. Hence, Steve, I think, said they are trying to make a system (maybe a quest) to introduce them and explain to us why they exist in the Origin System instead of just plopping them into our hands and saying, "Here's something shiny and new. Now give us some money."

Anyways, long story short, Umbra warframes will be coming to the global build, consoles included. They will be a new warframe with a different set of powers. You don't have to worry about having more stuff you can't get your hands on. Everything, except for Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, the Skana Prime, and console specific skins, is going to be available to everyone. Steam workshop skin may or may not come to consoles depending if DE can somehow do some three way agreement between them, Steam, and Playstation and Microsoft.

2. Excalibur Umbra will be a new frame, not just a skin, that's confirmed already

I can confirm this Umbra will be special frames and not just skins

Umbra frame in Chineese WF are place holders in term of mechanic the design is the final one though

On the top of it

They are working on giving Umbra frames some deepness

Extra feature and special stuff, puting them apart from Primes and regular frames

Edited by Tsoe

I hope this is true

De said want it to be special

That scares me a little.

Special could also means "money milking"

Or a date with hellish RNG

Who knows

The special is more about the release method; it'll be a standard Excalibur with boosted stats and maybe a special feature like Prime's interaction with Void orbs.

The Excalibur Prime is no longer an option. Umbra is confirmed to be a new Warframe: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/573303-umbra-warframe-discussion-news/?p=6492488

/Thread.

Thank you for the info and link to prove it

This is the information I was looking for

Sorry to everyone for having discussed it in so many words and without all details, but this is exactly what I was hoping to find out.

Sorry, especially, to anyone who took issue with me using saying "Excal Prime" (even though I clearly stated several times over this should remain exclusive). I didn't bring up that topic in an attempt to say it was unfair, just to illustrate my point that the Founders should always have access to the game's full content, and to illustrate the fact that consoles were completely skipped over for the same kind of contribution, both of which were my main rationale for the argument I had given the information available to me at the time.

Edited by (PS4)blue23454

Founders bought exclusive stuff, no way did they fund Warframe like everyone thinks. The Elitism is at an all time high with that group, and I don't want your precious toys. Many many people have put money into this game that would buy them multiple founders packs.

Inb4 Founders run to the thread crying and get it locked.

Excalibur prime doesn't even look that good XD and we will get umbra when we get him. If you find that warframe isn't the game for you, please don't make a mile Lon post on the forums. I love warframe. And that would be unfair to founders of we got Excalibur prime. Plus with all these Excalibur skins, I wouldn't use his normal prime skin anyways lol.

Founders bought exclusive stuff, no way did they fund Warframe like everyone thinks. The Elitism is at an all time high with that group, and I don't want your precious toys. Many many people have put money into this game that would buy them multiple founders packs.

But founders gave money to game which was very small, they helped game to grow up. 

I don't remember when I saw Excalibur Prime last time and I have never seen anyone saying he is better, becaue he have Excalibur Prime, so I don't know what "Elitism" you are talking about. But I have seen many childish posts like your, 

I'm getting sick of being reminded that I can't get those 9000 mastery points and a pimped up version of Excalibur in terms of stats and costmetics. Please, it hurts everytime, so let's not go there.

I am eagerly awaiting Excal Umbra and hope he can be a fair replacement for Excal Prime.

Well, his stats will be the same if not better, based on China Warframe pics. I'd like to have Umbra as a skin for Excal/Excal Prime, but being a separate frame is absolutely fair to consoles. So that's what needs to happen. What isnt fair is that China gets their own Founders exclusive, but consoles dont. I will never think that is fair. And OP is right in that regard. If Founders made console WF happen (meaning no excal p for them), then they also made china wf happen. It china wf, riding on the success of global wf, gets their own "excal prime", then consoles really should get their own as well, without having to wait a year+ for the china exclusive, and they shouldnt have to wait a year because of an unnecessary new umbra system that no one asked for. Umbra is china's excal prime. No new system is going to hide that fact.

The only ones I ever see crying are flamebaiting people like you who act like they're oppressed by founders. And it's people like YOU who get these threads locked, every time.

Firstly, bringing up Excalibur Prime as a point of discussion is not facilitative towards meaningful conversation--mainly because there's nothing else to discuss regarding Excalibur Prime than "not going to return under any circumstance, sorry"; and bringing him up usually results in a thread lock (like it is now).

Secondly, the Chinese version of the game is getting is own founders-esque promotion because the Chinese version of the game is in it's infancy. Their founders program is being used to generate interest in the Chinese market. As far as we're concerned, the Chinese version of the game is entirely separate from ours--it's essentially an entirely different game with different lore and different managers. DE manages the global version of the game (which we play) while Leyou/Perfect World manages the Chinese versions of the game. How they run the Chinese version of the game is of no consequence to us; and while they might request DE for certain items to be developed (such as Chinese New Year cosmetics for the liset or Chinese Myth inspired frames or gear), they do not control the direction of the global build of the game. In that respect, if Leyou/Perfect World bring back Excalibur Prime on the Chinese version of the game (which they may not even be able to do, as we do not know the full terms of the contract which outlines how the companies cooperate), they cannot make or tell DE to release it on the global build.

Thirdly, while all information we have regarding Umbra is speculative, the information we have points to Umbra being a separate frame from vanilla Excalibur; it will have its own mastery and may have different stats (similar to how Primed frames are separate frames from their vanilla counterparts). The reason it's been taking so long is because DE is looking to incorporate the Umbra frame(s) as part of the lore and story in a meaningful way--this effort would not be required if it were just a skin like the deluxe skins for other frames.

Excalibur Umbra discussions should also be pointed towards the Excalibur Umbra megathread.