The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whos After Kela Tho?

PookieNumnums

So, 

Our next boss rework is Kela de Thaym. Im thrilled, she looks great and animations look fun.

BUT, who's next?

My hopes?

Nef and Derf

I've been wondering about when we'd see Nef and Derf in game since the recent re-tease of kela with the animations preview..  I couldnt stop myself from thinking of all sorts of wacky ways they could be involved with the Warframe universe. I was thinking about Nef and Derf, their father-son relationship, how the corpus cultural norms would affect their relationship, and then I remembered how Darvo and his father Frohd interacted with eachother. 

Frohd the overbearing 'i know whats best' father, Darvo the rebellious, independent son.

Then it hit me: How fun would it be for a Father and Son vs Father and Son to happen here in Warframe. DRAMAAAA~~
I'm by no means a drama fan; however, comedic drama can be quite fun. Two corpus families going head to head. 

Warframe loves to give us choices and pit players against one another in a battle for the swaggiest loots, 
something I think we can agree adds flare to the events. (brakk v detron, vandal v wraith, catalyst vs reactor)
Well, We could choose to pick sides to support The Beks vs The Anyos. (corpus politics vs corpus religion)

Some possible plot twists:

The sons are used by their fathers as pawns in a sick war of power and greed.
Darvo gets indoctrinated to Nef and Derfs Church of Profit and we are called upon by Frohd B. to save darvo (and his sweet deals)
The sons rebel against their dads and team up (thus adding derf's shop to a relay) (move over maroo, stop hogging earth relay)
The sons rebel against their dads but dont team up and we have to choose between four swaggy loots
The sons dont rebel against their dads, call a truce then they all team up because corpus > tenno 
Alad V steps in and gives us an option to double cross both sides because Alad's evil genious is pure logic (and swaggier loots)
(and would kill two birds with one stone (potentially four birds))
The sons are beefing over a hot grineer scorpion's attention and Frohd and Nef come to us to stop the machismo contest.
The sons are beefing over that same hot grineer scorpion's attention and they come to us to help remove the competition.
Darvo and Derf are actually long time friends and they want their Pops' political influence and come to us to help them obtain powerful  
positions in the corpus board.

just some ideas that were rolling around in my grey matter gravy.

who do you guys want to see redone after kela, and/or what do you hope to see when Nef (and if, derf) finally shows up with his rework?

I want Ambulas, The Sergeant, Phorid(at least the model) reworked.

After that i would want a complete revamp of the Zanuka hunter and Grustrag three. Making them into actual fun and exciting assassinations that occur with bigger disadvantages if you fail.

And a small tweak to Stalker since he is way to easy and there is no real loss if you die to him.

I want to feel in terror if any of the Assassination appear, not feel overjoyd that i get a chance at some loot.

I believe the sergeant is currently a placeholder along with ambulas

phorid needs a rework, because right now he's two-shottable, bosses (or mini-bosses) shouldn't be able to be insta-killed

kela is getting her rework soon

maybe the zanuka hunter needs a rework, I'm not sure, in 800+ hours of being marked, he's never shown up

lech krill needs a rework, right now you just have to keep wailing on him in the hope you hit his glitchy weak spot, while kiting him into his melee attack that freezes him, second stage is easy, as you can actually do consistent damage to him.

Grineer have three variants now. Frontier, Drekar and the desert ones. Corpus got none!

I hope Nef Anyone is next. I wanna know what's up with him. Also I wanna see Ambulus have its model replaced with a bursa at the very least. Its a better placeholder.

Grineer have three variants now. Frontier, Drekar and the desert ones. Corpus got none!

To be fair, they have those Dark Seed guys or whatever they were called. Although you also forgot the Nightwatch Grineer with the Wraith weapons.

Personally I'd like to see a bunch of blindingly striped Corpus that match the Shock Camo skins @_@

Bosses 2.0.

Ambulas - say goodbye to that cute little Moa that can talk, Ambulas now takes the form of a Bursa on Steroids! Yo dawg, I heard you like knockdowns...

Nef Anyo - would likely appear alongside Derf Anyo, with his ridiculous Fusion-Core armour turning into Nef's own iron man suit (which looks even more ridiculous but has all the latest Corpus Gadgets; nullifier bubble, homing bullet Detrons etc.

Kela De Thaym - it's been confirmed that she will no longer be a rehashed Bombard and will instead be a highly mobile unit. will she be a rehashed Manic Bombard instead, or will she ditch the Ogris and try to kill us with our favourite hammer, the Jat Kittag? who knows...

After that i would want a complete revamp of the Zanuka hunter and Grustrag three. Making them into actual fun and exciting assassinations that occur with bigger disadvantages if you fail.

In the nicest way possible, anyone who agrees with the bolded part can go CLEM yourselves, newer players (who already struggle with them) are already unfairly punished by failing those fights, I remember having to just straight up sell my Excal a month after I started because I simply couldn't afford the cost of removing the G3's bolt, especially the Oxium (before the Ospreys were made so common and they only dropped 1 at a time), and for a newer, less experienced player the Zanuka Hunter's recovery mission may just be hard enough to make them quit the game.

I don't know why people say that they want bigger consequences for certain things, least of all the assassins which newer players don't stand a chance against, so please, spare a thought for newbies and the new player experience as a whole.

Eh, always liked Derf more. Like Clem, he's a much more developed character, John Prodman is more of a concept than an individual. I think everyone has a little Prodman in them when things get tough.

What.

Prodman wasn't a concept.

There's an image of him fighting Phorid with a Prova. All by himself.

Prodman2.jpg

Nef is on the road imo.

But I would love a model or fight rework for Raptor (more original big drone) Ambulas (bigass moa with crew of unique moas) Phorid (would actually love him as a big infested spider, since his head kinda looks like a spider. Webs, big red charger summoning via eggs etc) And a real boss for Phobos

And I really hope we will have syndicates bosses too

Edited by Xgomme