Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enough With The Nitain Already. It's Not Cool Any More.

LeeAmatsu

You're lucky that your schedule happens to sync up with the RNG of the Nitain alerts popping up and your in the game to do them.

Like I said in an earlier post its been just over a week since I have seen a Nitain alert during the time I have available to play warframe.

Not from lack of wanting to try, just simply because RNG doesn't line up with my schedule.

Further there is a difference between a time wall that you can actually work towards and overcome versus one that depending on RNG may be simply impossible for you to overcome for weeks or months because you can't even attempt to overcome it. 

There just simply needs to be some way of getting at least 1 nitain per day regardless of how long you have online.

Simplest method would just be to make each alert 6 hours long so you are guaranteed at least 1 and can't be screwed over due to your schedule and RNG not syncing up.

Or have one rewarded for completing the sortie as an additional reward.

I like the idea of the 6 hour alert thing, but at that point you might as well make it farmable on the moon.

You're lucky that your schedule happens to sync up with the RNG of the Nitain alerts popping up and your in the game to do them.

Like I said in an earlier post its been just over a week since I have seen a Nitain alert during the time I have available to play warframe.

Not from lack of wanting to try, just simply because RNG doesn't line up with my schedule.

Further there is a difference between a time wall that you can actually work towards and overcome versus one that depending on RNG may be simply impossible for you to overcome for weeks or months because you can't even attempt to overcome it.

There just simply needs to be some way of getting at least 1 nitain per day regardless of how long you have online.

Simplest method would just be to make each alert 6 hours long so you are guaranteed at least 1 and can't be screwed over due to your schedule and RNG not syncing up.

Or have one rewarded for completing the sortie as an additional reward.

Well that certainly sucks for you. Haven't looked in market, but can you buy it?

If not, that's an oversight on DE part since other rare resources can be purchased.

Anyone ever gotten a nitain login reward?

I guess if you never see the alerts, ever, that does blow. I have managed to pick up quite a few just playing casually, but whatever, I'll give you some sympathy...

I like the idea of the 6 hour alert thing, but at that point you might as well make it farmable on the moon.

From what I can tell DE doesn't want it to be farmable.  

The most they want is 4 available per day and having the six hour alerts supports that, at the very most you could gain 4 nitain per day which is inside of what they want, and most players will get 1 or 2 which again seems inline with what they want players to be able to get.

If it were just a farmable resource then we would eventually see the nitain needed for BPs and research ballooning like we do for other resources.

I mean look at the items that originally needed Oxium, and look at the Grattler.

And many other materials are in the same boat.

Well that certainly sucks for you. Haven't looked in market, but can you buy it?

If not, that's an oversight on DE part since other rare resources can be purchased.

Anyone ever gotten a nitain login reward?

I guess if you never see the alerts, ever, that does blow. I have managed to pick up quite a few just playing casually, but whatever, I'll give you some sympathy...

Nope, you can't buy Nitain.

Similar to how you can't buy Argon Crystals.  But at least you can grind for Argon Crystals and have a chance at getting them every time you go into the void...

And really getting Nitain is purely based on whether RNG will agree with your schedule or not, and if it doesn't match your schedule than it becomes impossible to get.  Even other rare resources let you attempt to get them any time you want.

That's the frustrating thing about it.

If there was a way to get at least one nitain a day without worrying about RNG conflicting with your schedule I would be happy because I would at least have a way to work towards completing clan research and building things that require it.

As it stands though I have no idea how long it'll take to do any of that because there is no way for me to work towards getting Nitain without being lucky.

After looking at my resources:

Would it be okay if Nitain Extract and Argon Crystal BP's were in the Market? Craftings requirements for Nitain Extract: Tellurium, Neurodes, Morphics, Neural Sensors.

Argon could be Tellurium, Orokin Cell, Fieldron

Basing this as I personally only have 116 Nitain and 768 Tellurium

I have more Tellurium than Neurodes or Neural Sensors....so I think it counts as easily farmed.

I agree with the statement that Nitain may be up 4 times a day but most of the time I am working/sleeping when they come out. i Know that i can get around 1 Nitain a day after work if i don't have anything else going on. BUT thats right after work and I have to drive home.

I'm in favor of moving Nitain to a special mission that you can do and acquire 4 times a day maybe it can change/move to different planets. You could do 4 weaker missions and get one each mission or do one higher end scale mission to get all 4 in a day. Make the mission like sorties in that they are farm able for 24hrs but up to a certain amount each day, and then they refresh.

Just make one Nitain Extract alert that starts every 24 hours and runs for 24 hours in addition to the semi-random alerts we have right now. This way, you are guaranteed to see one Nitain Extract alert every day, and the existing alerts are a bonus for players who have the time to play for longer periods of time and players who are lucky enough to log in when one is active.

Edited by Inarticulate

I sleep 8 hours.

1 hour for breakfast/prepare for work

8 hours at work

1 hour to get home/unwind

1-2 hours to prepare/eat dinner

this is my life. it is also the life of a normal person with no kids.

without factoring in sports/television, I have roughly 3-4 hours a day to reasonably play this game. and that's only if im not doing ANYTHING else. Dating, going out to eat, working out, etc.

I've shared my thoughts on nitain many times. I think these time walls are a major deterrent to a ton of players, and I think they will begin to see that as this influx of new players continues to progress throughout the game.

wait for nitain alert.

repeat x times.

grind part

use nitain

wait 12 hours

repeat all of the above for other parts

build frame

wait 3 days

I sleep 8 hours.

No fair.

I've shared my thoughts on nitain many times. I think these time walls are a major deterrent to a ton of players, and I think they will begin to see that as this influx of new players continues to progress throughout the game.

New players' priorities are not to get gear that require Nitain Extract or any other rare resource in general. New players should be expected to slowly stock up Nitain Extract from just playing the game so that when they reach the point that their priorities are to get harder-to-get equipment, they'll have a decent amount of Nitain Extract on hand to use.

Veteran players are where Nitain Extract actually hits hard, and that's because their priorities are already at "get harder-to-get equipment" and do not have the stockpile of Nitain Extract that a newer player would have on reaching that point in game progression. Also, most newer players won't have to deal with the clan research requirement if they join an existing clan because veterans have already emptied their pockets on the clan research (which again hits veterans harder than newer players).

So don't use the "newer players will have problems with this" argument. It doesn't work.

Foundry time walls are a different issue. Let's not mention that here.

Sitting on 92 nitain with nothing to build. Can't say I feel like it is a problem. Then again, I run the alerts whenever I can.

^ since its release on PC....there should have been a total of 300 nitain extract that have been obtainable (roughly 75 days and 4 per day)

assuming you have not contributed to a single research......thats 25 nitain required to build everything that I can recall at this point (does not count research cost)

so that means you had a total of 117/300

if you bother to sleep for 6 hours a day......that means the total should be hypothetically speaking 225 (this is also assuming you eat, shower, pee and poop while you play)

so you received 117 of the 225 possible nitain extracts since its inception

You were readily available to play and do your nitain alerts at least 6-8 per day......it is clearly not a problem for you nor should you be posting and bragging about the amount of time you put into this

as stated before I have about 2-4 hours if I am lucky per day to be able to farm....so thats only 1 nitain per day......if I were lucky enough to be able to gain the nitain every single one of those days with my current schedule......including player for at least 16 hours on weekends

I should have a whopping total of 110 possible nitain extract that I could get if I were lucky enough to get them

I can safely say that I do not have that 110.....

anyway.......thats my little rant towards all the damn people that "are on when they can" or literally on all the time.

Be prepared for more items coming out that require nitain extract. Like many people said before, when it first came out with the suk one stuff would have been a good time to start collecting them whenever you see an alert. Nine times out of ten the alerts that pop up for it are super easy.

I see a lot of posts saying you have 4 a day they are easy to get etc ...

Not true for some of us that are not lifers in this game

Im 180 hours and i dont have all the planets unlocked or i have the planet but only 1 section completed so..

For me sometimes 3 out 4 are locked, plus i have a life work kids etc sometimes its 2 days before i chance on one i can do.

Just my thoughts.

So a resource that you see up to 4 times per day in alerts only.

A rare commodity that you've noticed a trend of being used.

Instead of taking 5 minutes to grab them when you see an alert pop up and saving them up, you decide, "oh this isn't fair that something requires me to use this resource," and complain about it.

Sorry, but those of us with the foresight to realize it might be needed in the future are continually stocking up on them when we see the alerts (even if it's just 1 per day). If you can't do that then it's your problem, not mine.

I see a lot of posts saying you have 4 a day they are easy to get etc ...

Not true for some of us that are not lifers in this game

Im 180 hours and i dont have all the planets unlocked or i have the planet but only 1 section completed so..

For me sometimes 3 out 4 are locked, plus i have a life work kids etc sometimes its 2 days before i chance on one i can do.

Just my thoughts.

Congratulations. You have a life. So do most people who still have piles and piles of nitain. DE isn't going to change their game to appeal better to your personal schedule, or mine.

Edited by Chipputer

So a resource that you see up to 4 times per day in alerts only.

A rare commodity that you've noticed a trend of being used.

Instead of taking 5 minutes to grab them when you see an alert pop up and saving them up, you decide, "oh this isn't fair that something requires me to use this resource," and complain about it.

Not everyone puts up with everything. Only the weak do that who are afraid to open their mouth.

Sorry, but those of us with the foresight to realize it might be needed in the future are continually stocking up on them when we see the alerts (even if it's just 1 per day). If you can't do that then it's your problem, not mine.

Ohhh...that's totally GOOOD for you man. I totally celebrate you and your godlike time-management skills. Oh man, i'll be laughing when there soon comes an item out that costs like 600 orokin cells and/or 400 neurodes and people like you who were like: "oh god people, nitain is so easy, look at me i got 50 of them" then be like: "wtf DE are you doing? how am i supposed to build it?". Then we people who got more than enough of them will look down at you.

Point? Unnecessary and annoying updates have to get complained about so they (hopefully) don't get repeated. This is a feedback forum my boy, where we open our mouths and say what we like and don't like and what we would have preferred better. If you can't deal with feedback, now this is your problem.

Cheers.

blah blah blah

Nitain isn't something that even requires time management.

Are you online?

Did a nitain alert pop up?

Are you able to run the mission?

If you answered yes to all 3 of these, congrats you just got some nitain. Look at all that time management that was invested into it.

I appreciate your attempt at sarcasm, but feedback forums receive input from both sides, kiddo. I don't see how nitain is a problem. Your argument didn't help me understand at all and only made me solidify my position even more. Congratulations.

I love how my post gets deleted because apparently people who play M rated games are too sensitive to read a curse word but all these people here calling everyone no-lifers totally get to say what they want. Logic.

If you can't get Nitain that's tough, realld. But why do you just expect DE to conform to your specific schedule? They can't please everyone

Edited by (PS4)DrakoVongola96

Nitain isn't something that even requires time management.

Are you online?

If you answered yes to all 3 of these, congrats you just got some nitain. Look at all that time management that was invested into it.

I appreciate your attempt at sarcasm, but feedback forums receive input from both sides, kiddo. I don't see how nitain is a problem. Your argument didn't help me understand at all and only made me solidify my position even more. Congratulations.

Saying "Oh, you got no time for nitains? Too bad, it's your problem, not mine" is just being arrogant and not feedback. And let me quote myself for you...

I seriously can't be asked to bother to come on only to get a specific thing. Aside from potatoes that only come rarely and are actually valuable. I play when i want and feel like playing. Forcing me to play when i don't want or got better things to do is just plain AWFUL. When i feel like playing and i see it needs argon, ok, let me grind that. But when i see nitain, oh sh*t, have to get lucky and wait few days.

I said i play when i feel like playing. I shouldn't get punished for not playing. Logging in is one thing, but forcing to play the interception or defense mission for 1 nitain? Ehrm, no thanks!

I'm always ready to grind (grind, NOT wait!!) resources for newer stuff when i play warframe. But that's not the case with the nitain. Imagine, you got 0 nitain because you had no time to play the last days and then you see another thing needing 10 nitains to build. You can't get this thing!

Also funny to note is, you can't buy nitain through the shop. Either buy the complete item for massive plat or wait days. Sounds cool right? No, it doesn't!

Now please stop white knighting.

Nitain, in my opinion, is a disgusting addition to this game. If I see an item that requires thousands of resources to craft, I'll farm for them. If I see an item needs Argon to craft, I'll hold on to the blueprint till I have time to sit down and farm the void for the number of Argon needed. If I see an item needs Nitain to craft, I continue to lose hope in DE listening to their community and their promise of reducing the grind. Yeah, I've got a decent amount for whenever I might want something that requires it, but that's only because I've been lucky enough to log on during a Nitain alert. Sometimes I get two a day, other times I go a week or longer without seeing one due to my schedule.

I've seen multiple ways to make Nitain more accessible to the players; everything from increasing the amount you get from the alerts to making it drop from enemies during alerts, though I personally prefer the idea of just putting it on a planet. Instead of listening to potentially good Nitain ideas, DE just continues to shove this hated resource into more blueprints, and it's understandably pissing off those of us who can't be on at all times to run these alerts. To make it worse, we also have the self-entitled bigots coming into every Nitain related thread and spouting their "Sucks for you, I can get all four alerts no problem. You just suck at time management" crap at everyone who has legitimate reasons to not be able to be online 24/7, even if it only take five minutes to run one alert, and yet these are the players DE seems to listen to all the time.

Saying "Oh, you got no time for nitains? Too bad, it's your problem, not mine" is just being arrogant and not feedback. And let me quote myself for you...

You don't know what white knighting means, clearly, kiddo.

If you didn't have the foresight* to run that nitain alert that you were on for then it is your problem. It's not my problem if you don't want to accept that.

*Note the word choice. Where did I say anything close to, "you have to put aside the time," or anything of the sort?

Edited by Chipputer

Situation 1:

Are you online?

Nope, I'm at job, school, university, driving, training, etc.

Doesn't matter, I can't do it right now

Nope, I'm somewhere else

Situation 2:

Are you online?

Finally, yes

Nope

There's no mission to run, so it doesn't matter.

There's at least one no (you can add a situation 3 where the player can't do the mission because of locked node, geared or in-game issue) so there's no nitain for me, nor for anyone on those situations.

Couldn't agree more on this. It's exactly the same as "git gud" comments adding absolutely nothing to discussion.

-snip-

If you can't get Nitain that's tough, realld. But why do you just expect DE to conform to your specific schedule? They can't please everyone

Nobody's expecting DE to adapt based on each player specific schedule which is obviously an absurd idea due to the big amount of people playing this game, but to increase the availability of nitain, to everyone on an even way, with ideas like turning the current 4 short daily alerts into 4 alerts lasting 6 hours each one, so every player get at least one alertium daily, this to give the same chances to players regardless if their playtime is reduced to half an hour per day or if they can stay grinding for more. This, like every otger aspects of the grinding game would still rewarding those 24/7 grinders without punishing people with real life tasks.

This thread is going south quickly. I don't forsee it lasting much longer. Also was it really needed to delete my original post for jokingly telling people to just deal with it? I thought the whole puts on shades comment before that was a indication that it was harmless joking.

Edited by Stouty22

i figured that with all the new stuff requiring nitain, people would've thought of collecting them for future use, guess im overestimating people

^

But the argument "You have to be on 24/7 to get them all" is completely over the top. Whenever I log on there's always an alert up. So just run the ONE alert, and go on with your day. Then when you go to play again in a few days, there'll probably be another. The idea here is that we build up a pile so when Trinity Prime or shinny new weapon X comes out, we suddenly have more then enough Nitain. No grind, no 24/7 logging in. Just plain simple getting it when you can, so you have it when you need it..

This is endlessly better then oxium.

^

But the argument "You have to be on 24/7 to get them all" is completely over the top. Whenever I log on there's always an alert up. So just run the ONE alert, and go on with your day. Then when you go to play again in a few days, there'll probably be another. The idea here is that we build up a pile so when Trinity Prime or shinny new weapon X comes out, we suddenly have more then enough Nitain. No grind, no 24/7 logging in. Just plain simple getting it when you can, so you have it when you need it..

This is endlessly better then oxium.

I have to completely disagree with the last statement.

Why?  Because at least I have a chance at getting oxium regularly.

Its been over a week and a half since I have been able to play when a Nitain alert was up.

Over 10 days since the two to three hours I have to play this game each day has had a Nitain alert.

This is infinitely worse than Oxium because I can't even attempt to work towards gaining Nitain.

With Oxium I can hop into the game and go "You know what?  I need some Oxium." and actually work towards getting it at any time.

With Nitain I simply can't do that and nothing can change that currently.  And that is what is wrong with Nitain.

Congratulations that your schedule syncs up with Nitain so often.  That's good luck on your part.

But what about the people who RNG just screws over and doesn't even give them a chance to work towards gaining it no matter how much they want to?

Edited by Tsukinoki