Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Migration Feedback & Bugs

[DE]Drew

Tenno, 

Please post any feedback or bugs about the new forums in this thread. 

Known issues:

• Design Council Invitees are missing their DC access (I'll have this fixed over the next couple days)
  • Profiles missing
  • Profile editing blocked
  • Missing Avatars
  • Broken old bbcode
  • Duplicated (broken) console forum accounts
  • Themes breaking on mobile
  • International Forums have broken permissions

Is there no option to use the old 'full version' that just displays the webpage on mobile? I appreciate the time you've put into this new phone design but I have no idea what I'm looking at and no way of changing that. Can't stand fiddly drop down menus.

Unless I'm just being dumb and not seeing the option.

Edit: I can't edit my own profile? I know you're aware of it, but it's pretty funny.

Spoiler

V0cK9on.jpg

Edited by DeMonkey

It works like an 4x4 with two wheels missing. My chrome also is not an fan, what browser should be most optimized for the new forum?

I really wish to have an short conversation with the person responsible for the side bar. I get that Warframe needs income, I do not get why do you think that shoving it like that helps. Be more subtle.

N̶o̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶t̶o̶s̶?̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶*̶s̶a̶d̶*̶
Updots are back.

I am the first to say, that I lack taste, but the new colours... just nag me. There was something calming in the old colour set + it was not so heavy on the eyes.

Edited by phoenix1992
Feedback for your feedback.

Not a fan of all the sidebar stuff going down the right side of the main forum page (Buy Platinum, Merch Store, Connect, etc.). As a vet, it feels like 'wasted' space as I have very little reason to click any of those links. I'm already subbed to the Warframe Youtube channel, I watch dev streams either as Youtube or Twitch vods, I'm poorer than dirt and likely won't purchase much, I don't care about Instagram, and I have a G-key on my keyboard set to bring up the Wiki.

And, honestly, I preferred the activity feed being in the sidebar area because it gave me a direct/passive way to see random things being discussed all across the forums. Someone made Nyx fanart? Cool, I'll check that out. Someone's asking for the most efficient way to farm X thing? I can jump in and add my two cents. I know these topics were ones that were already being replied to, but it still gave me incentive to get involved. Now, I know can still access that information, but I have to go to the 'Activity' page to see it, it's not directly in front of me and gives me less reason to seek it out.

Other criticism includes:

-everything looks too empty/big (lots of white space with a mix of huge text and tiny text [at 1920x1080], plus no real separation between posts [white post, white background])

--sub-point: white everything = r.i.p. my eyes

---sub-sub-point: bold text, especially on the main page (ie: categories with new posts), is hard to differentiate from normal text, on all Theme types

-lack of +1 feature (wut?)

-"new post, click to see" message never goes away if you don't click it

-the continued inability to use Tab to indent text (I used spaces) :(

Edited by Ailith

It seams those of us who've been part of the forums for a long time (and might have piled up heaps of old cookies) might experience problems signing into the new forums. Aside from the entire forums being shunted to the left as if there were something taking up the right side of the screen or something, It was nearly impossible for me to sign in. The way I fixed this was from clearing all the cookies I've had from warframe.com and it's forums. Since deleting these everything's working fine, but others might have this problems and not know the solution.

So apparently it wasn't just the "old build up of cookies" I just had the issue again today. Could not log in, and only deleting my cookies fixed the problem. Additionally I was logged out in the first place? Before the update I was able to be logged in indefinitely.

Edited by KittyDarkling
happened again

Personally, while i appreciate the update to the activity/dev last replies function, I think the old one should be kept too. Since it requires an extra click to make use of the new activity feed/dev last reply function, which is pretty inconvenient. 

Something i loved about the old last reply/activity feed, was the fact that you'd receive that information instantly the moment you entered the forums. :) This one sort of requires us to load a whole new page just to see what's up.

Is there a way to have both? Other than that, i love everything...

Edited by Noabettiet
clearing (also because i wanted to know how the edit thing is now)

The sign in through Xbox function has created a new account with a new post count for me and I can't edit any of my old posts (Clan and Alliance, ect).

Sorting format is set to "Custom" which seems to be sorting posts by newest created, not recently updated (which will prevent topics from gaining traction as a discussion).