The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Migration Feedback & Bugs

[DE]Drew

Just noticed something with the text box that is pretty annoying.  If I put my cursor on a part of the text that I already typed and try to insert new text,  it overwrites the text. I don't want to have to press delete every time I want to insert text. This makes editing super annoying.  Can we not have overwrite as the default mode when it comes to inputting text? 

1.Everytime I come into the site it says that I am not logged in, I press the log in button and I'm automatically logged in. I think that I am always logged in but somehow the forums shows me that I am not.

2.Pressing to upvote a reply gives me "you are not allowed to upvote this person" but then the upvote is registered...

Edited by hawker_mech
added the 2

3 minutes ago, Sartactics said:

I'm getting a pretty big bug here, I can't seem to log into the forums on my PC even though I'm logged in on the website. Mobile and desktop still works fine but not my PC

Wat. If desktop works, how does PC not? They're not seperate...

7 hours ago, (PS4) COGSPARTAN117 said:

Well, the good news is we will be getting back our posts... the bad news is all console players will be losing how long they've been a member for, basically making us all look like noobs... 

But hey, at least the forums got a new fancy look. ;D

It'll look strange to have over 10000 posts but only joined yesterday.

Forum is periodically temporarily forgetting I am logged in. Sometimes when I click a link to another location in the forum, I'm just logged out. Clicking any link then logs me in instantly. Have cleared all local data and logged back in with no effect. 

Edited by KinetosImpetus
More accurate information

The new layout of the forums are nice. However, I feel like I have to jump through hoops to see new posts being made. Before, they were displayed on the main page.

A lot of my participation came from seeing something new posted that caught my attention. I mainly come to view the important stuff found in staff replies or posts. But the staff replies from yesterday are gone now too.

Not a fan of this formatting here either.  These new forums make me feel less motivated to participate.

As far as I can tell there is no way to get the "newly created threads box" or a facsimile thereof working on these new forums. This is terrible as that was one of my all time favourite things about this forum. I've tried the "activity feed" but there is no way to get it to discriminate between replies and just topic posts :(

I know what you feel. I just don't know why DE just adding the 'cool' and useful features and left the layout of the forums like it was before. I haven't been to many online game's forums but the WARFRAME forums were the best (before), it was so simple and well made, now it's so complicated 

38 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I can't see them. Just checked.

I bet I have more anyway.

Good to know.

Also, sounds like a challenge!

Being able to hide it from my view would be nice though.  I see them and freak out, thinking I somehow picked up 2 more even though I haven't been active for a few weeks.

And the community rep, can that be optional?  Please?

19 hours ago, Tobiah said:

1. You double posted, just so you know.

2. At the bottom of the page, select Theme > Warframe Dark. There ya go.

Thanks man i appreciate it! BTW i only hit "save" once and it double posted on it's own. I noticed it right away but don't know how to delete posts, and then i tried to edit the second one but then i was getting hit with "error 500" page again so just gave up.

3 hours ago, Ssschah said:

I don't know if someone pointed this out already  but ''Latest Staff Replies'' are broken too.
It doesn't show that there was a new update topic by DE_Adam neither that this topic ''Forum Migration Feedback & Bugs''  was made nor [DE]Drew's or DERebecca's replies to it.

It seems like it got just worse....   almost all of previous activities that you could see there, they simply vanished 

Edited by Ssschah

So adding to the list of "The forum portion of the site does not register users being signed in, though the home site does register being signed in".

The current fix for it is to sign out of the home site and sign back in though I just get signed out of the forums every so often which is a tad annoying, unless there's some "inactivity timer" that was added alongside.

On 2/22/2016 at 3:11 PM, (PS4) KrakenUnchained said:

I logged in as usual using the PSN login option, but seems the forum created a new user, got just 1 post instead 900+

Yep, I have the same issue as this. Everything I posted and did prior to the update just disappeared.

Edit: It seems that at least almost every  person with a PS4 account has had all of their post history and rep wiped out as I look at all of the people with (PS4) next to their user names.

Edited by (PS4) VariantX7
additonal information

Latest staff replys seems to display random at best, I'll get something from an hour ago but then anything later does not exist (according to new forums) or is brought back from 2012.

I know there are posts from earlier today about PAX, etc that DE Rebecca posted but the recent dev post page does not show it.

Also editing the page of staff replys that I don't want to see refreshes the page and no changes are saved. No offense to some devs but I want to read in English not another language so being able to sort posts like that would be a plus.