Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #70!

[DE]Rebecca

Couple of observations and questions:

1 Focus and the Convergence drops at its current state is extremely anti team focused. And with Convergence some times spawning more then 100 meters away you have to

ignore your team and rush back several tiles before you can get it. 

Even with the Convergence drop the total focus you can gain is less then it was before unless you play with a very focused team.

How do you intend to remedy this flaw with your Convergence system and the focus system as a whole?

2 several of the focus school is down right worthless compared to others. As of right now the only schools that provide any real benifit to a player is naramon due to its passives, veazarin due to its ability to heal, restore shields and instantly revive team mates. And Zenurik due to its energy regen. 

How do you plan to make the other two school useful for players?

3 With your rework on Saryn you made her the One And Only frame in the entire game that is co-dependent when it comes to her skills.

All other frames can use their skills without first using the others without being crippled if they do so. Saryn is the only exception.

why did you decide to cripple the frame in that aspect?

4 Saryn is also the only frame in the game that has no dump stat what so ever.  This MAD syndrome or Multi Ability score Dependent ensure that all other frames will have more

diversity and less flaws when it comes to modding.

What was the reason for making her modding as flawed as it is today?

Spore depends on range and duration to deal its optional damage. Yet to be able to cast it multiple times you need efficiency. so unless you have zenurik or a trinity near you need either base 100 efficiency, 130 or 175. 

This limits what you can do with her skills.  there is quite a different between casting spore at 25 energy, 16 or 6 rounded down.

Molt need power strength to increase its life, damage and to increase the healing from the Regenerative molt augment. yet if we want to increase power strength further then 30% over base we need to either decrease efficiency with blind rage or decrease duration with Transient Fortitude.

so if we want a more powerful molt we need to negatively affect spore.

The same goes for Toxic lash but instead we want duration and power strength.

Miasma as of now is a joke.

Even if we where to set it up for max damage aka spores, then gas ignis or hikou prime with concealed explosives and gas so we have both viral and toxin going for the 2x

multiplier its damage still falls short just as its range.

with a simple range build

125% power strength

130% effiiciency

127.50% duration

250% range

spores will cover most if not all of the map with viral and thanks to our gas weapons most of them should have toxin on them as well.

so that is 200% extra damage.

so:

Miasma modifed base damage x (1+1(toxin damage boost)+1(viral damage boost)) x molt multiplier x(1+power strength)

so in this case

367.65 x (3) x molt multiplier lets go with 125% so 1.25 x (1.25) =

1102.95 x 1.25 x(1.25)=

1378.6875 x1.25= 1723.593 per tick

maximum ticks with this example is

number of ticks= 1+3 x ( 1+ power duration)

so 1+3 x (1+1.2750)

4x 2.275 = 9.1 ticks

15684.696 damage

over  a minimum of 3 seconds of setup time and around 2 seconds to cast miasma so 5 seconds + 5.1 seconds which is miasmas duration in this example.

so roughly 10 seconds to deal 15k damage.

the old saryn could deal 10k miasma damage in 0.3 seconds well at least my build back then could.

so lets say it took a full second to cast it back then...

10k x10 = 100k damage in 10 seconds.

but that was the old Saryn the "press4" to win frame.

So yeah miasma is not worth it any longer on saryn, spore is where the usability and damage is nowadays.

Now  it might sound like i want the old Saryn back but that is not the case.

I just want you at DE  to actually use that over 100 pages of feedback we gave you since there where a lot of good ideas there how to make toxic lash and miasma fun and

usable skills in their own rights not just skills you use from time to time to help Saryn spread spores.

5 When will you buff daggers?

6) 5 color slot to color the prime details on our frames. Is this something you have though about at all?

7) Color schemes and saturation vary a lot depending on if you are host or not. Are there any plans to investigate this issue further?

EDIT: Please fix the Right side formatting on the forums. Its annoying tendency to add - in words and just move what i wrote to the next paragraph makes this text extremely hard to follow.

Edited by GhostLacuna

For cosmetics will we get hodded cloaks?

When will we get Nightmare Jordas Verdict Raid?

From an earlier stream will we get the extra weapon slot?

Will we get more conclave match types and maps? 

For solo purposes since some people at times like to play by themself will there ever be an option that we can send 4 of our warframes in and while you control one the other 3 will follow you as AI's? 

Since this is probably pretty early for asking but when will we fight our first sentient boss? 

Any estimated time for the release of umbra and the new cinamatic quest?

Will we get the sortie reward where they give us a new currency and we can use that to purchase items?

Since we have many assassination missions throughout the different planets and derlict can we expect getting a void assassination mission?

Spoiler

Since we know the operator has a bond with there warframe can we expect playing warframe specific missions that will allow us to learn more about that warframes  lore and relation with the operator?

Also DE thanks for the great game I enjoy it very much! :D 

-Any plans on makin Warframe open world? Or at least some sections, where we can be just deployed and given the freedom to explore. Encountering enemies along the way, as well as non faction enemies, like wild beasts and such.

-Are Umbra's anywhere near?

-Could you please make Saryn's Deluxe Skin flower in the shoulder removable?

-I'm so excited we are getting a new frame, but perhaps, do you have any plans for fan-made warframe concepts? Typhus could be an excellent  starting point, ever since I read RedSkittlez post about him I've been hoping for you to decide to finally create the frame </3 Plus, it would be nice to have a samurai-ish frame, I'm aware that his powers don't have anything to do with a samurai, but I mean, at least the looks. Excal doesn't count, he's a swordsman, not a samurai.

-Could you add the Sydon to Tennogen?:D You see, the thing with it, is that, despite being a Trident, it doesn't have pointy spikes, and I think that if you introduce it to tennogen then someone would take care of redesing  it. Also, a stance of its own would be awesome, it just feels akward to weild it like a polearm.

-How about some more lore?:D The Second Dream was one of the most touching gaming experiences I've had so far, and I'm just a big fan of good stories in videogames.

-Can we expect an Oberon's buff or rework?:D I also think Volt needs one.

Can we have a separate color customization for our armor and syandana? Sometimes  my armor looks great, but my syandana doesn't, and visceversa. It would be nice to be able to color them differently, to get the best looks, because, like you already know, FashionFrame is the true endgame of Warframe.

Edited by Vrgolin

Hello, Devs. I have a few questions but the one that is most important to me I'll list first:

Melee channeling is not worth it, outside of the Life Strike being able to heal. As far as I have seen, this has been the thought of most of the community. It has been suggested that if the channeling mods had their penalties reduced, their bonuses increased and if melee weapons had some variation in channeling stats then the Channeling mechanic would be a lot more interesting. A weapon with a long reach like Orthos could drain 50 energy in one strike if you're channeling efficiency was just 10 energy and you hit five targets at once. Where as a power that cost 50 energy could effect a lot more enemies and do a lot more damage. Melee weapons like Vipkas could have a 2.5 dmg multiplier when channeling so that it performs better if you just put some more energy into it. Dual Ethers could use up 1 energy per strike making them efficient in hitting targets rapidly in flurry of stabs when channeling. The main point being top melees like Scindo P, Broken War, and Nikana Prime could see more competition of a melee like Atterax caught up to them in DPS if you channeled it.

Some quick secondary questions:

I have seen a huge amount of melee syndicate weapon threads in the Feedback forums. Do you have any syndicate weapons to show? And can you please make sure the Telos weapon is a sword of some sort and not a Boltace?

Anything new for Archwing in the pipeline?

Ever thought about a target designation feature for Kubrows? As in, the player marks and enemy and the Kubrow makes that enemy a priority target and focuses on that enemy.

Don't you think Mara Detron is a little lonly. I love Prisma just as much as Baro but it would be nice to see another Mara weapon.

Thankyou and have a good day!

How will kubrow mods be handled once kavats come out? Will there be combined "animal" mods?

On the topic of kubrows: will we ever be able to choose when and how they attack? I love bringing mine along for stealth missions, but they always blow my cover when I have to break open a vent. If I don't want a sentinel to ever attack I can just remove their weapon or weapon precept, but I can't do that with kubrows.

(If 18.5 hasn't come out quite yet) Question for Steve: will we see a new antialiasing method in 18.5? If not, when?

Any updates on the new archwing the design council helped come up with?

Any further details on U19 stuff such as the kela rework or cavats?

Will cavats have the same annoying decay as kubrows? I currently dislike kubrows very much because i'd have to play tamogachi just to use them. I didn't sign up for this game to play tamogachi. (for those who don't know what tamogachi is, it's basically this tiny little egg shaped electronic toy in which you raise and care for a digital pet. you care for it, feed it and play with it. if you ignore it for a while, it dies. sound familiar?)

Any word on weapon reworks? we just got snipers reworked, but daggers and thrown melee are still kind of lack luster. daggers for their own reasons, but i feel thrown melee are shoe horned into ONE build just to make them effective. I would like to use my glaive like a normal melee weapon, utilizing the awesome combos on astral twilight, while having the option to throw it if i wanted. 

Will we have any new UI changes planned for after 18.5?

Currently trade is a mess, and maroo's bazaar isn't helping (i tried it and it didn't work at all. no trades were going through what-so-ever) Are there any trade changes in the works?

Scott, any new headway on the mag/volt reworks?

Deluxe skins, these are currently new skins for existing frames. they are custom tailored for the frame, the odd ones out of course are excalibur and nyx, which use designs from dark sector. Can we possibly see new unique deluxe skins for these two?

Edited by LordOfScrugging

With all the reworks going on, will the in-mission challenges (30 kills, 10 pistol kills, hack 1 panel) also be reworked to be more relevant (not having to hack panels in defense or infestation missions, getting kills for a weapon you couldn't bring, new archwing challenges)?

Ash Prime being updated with advanced cloth physics

Between Ash Prime's release and today, 7 frames have been released that all utilize the new cloth code (Prime included):

1. Equinox
  2. Atlas
  3. Trinity Prime
  4. Wukong
  5. Ivara
  6. Nezha
  7. Saryn Prime

(And vanilla Trinity had her's updated around Autumn, but that seemed to be a long term project, so I left her out)

Can you please update Ash Prime to the new cloth code with his moving parts? He has 3 in total, and unlike the gargantuan dresses of Trinity Prime and night form Equinox, Ash Prime has very very little in comparison. 

Secondly, would you ever consider releasing Umbra as a temporary skin while you work on his lore and dedicated "system"? I feel this would calm down the players harassing devs over social media, and appease the players who yearn for Umbra right now, while also being an advantage to players who want Umbra to have meaning as well (because they know the skin is only temporary and the actual release of Umbra is later on).  This way they can play with the frame's model currently, and then later have the skin removed to play as the actual Umbra that has full lore and a systematic depth.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e said:

Any plans to buff the Handcannon secondaries as they are currently in a poor position right now? (I.e. The Brakk, Detron, Bronco and Pyrana) 

I thought Pyrana was a Hand shotgun like the bronco, komak, and Ak jagara.

Will channeling ever be looked at again? Every single melee in the game has the exact same channeling multiplier and base cost. With so many melee weapons in the game, and so many going unused, why are there not more fine tuned channel based weapons? The twin baslok are a good example of this. They came out after the primed dual kama, arguably the best dual sword in the game came out and didn't bring much to the table. It would see more use if it had more channeling damage or a lower base channel cost.

I'm not asking for a channeling 2.0, it's a perfectly fine feature that's just severely underutilized. This is the second time I've asked this.

Edited by TheGuyverOne