The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you find them all?

[DE]Drew

Not that i want to go against the new system but, I'm kind of finding emotes to be rather redundant. It's like we've gone back in time and started using cave paintings again. 

Granted most of my annoyance with them comes from post Facebook rage where everyone seems to lose a few brain cells every time they make a post about their social lives. (No offense to those who do. Maybe I just had a bad time with the people there.) 

But I am looking forward to the new chat system.

7 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

Not that i want to go against the new system but, I'm kind of finding emotes to be rather redundant. It's like we've gone back in time and started using cave paintings again. 

Granted most of my annoyance with them comes from post Facebook rage where everyone seems to lose a few brain cells every time they make a post about their social lives. (No offense to those who do. Maybe I just had a bad time with the people there.) 

But I am looking forward to the new chat system.

I agree. Why type :sad: when you can type 'I am sad because you are being mean to me?' The former only tells the reader one thing, while the latter tells the reader both that thing and why that thing is true.

People seem to think that when you have the option of emoticons being vague is completely acceptable.

Edited by egregiousRac

1 minute ago, egregiousRac said:

I agree. Why type :sad: when you can type 'I am sad because you are being mean to me.' The former only tells the reader one thing, while the latter tells the reader both that thing and why that thing is true.

People seem to think that when you have the option of emoticons being vague is completely acceptable.

Some types of communications are non-verbal and people don't always speak out entire scripted sentences and explanations when away from the computer either.

1 minute ago, egregiousRac said:

I agree. Why type :sad: when you can type 'I am sad because you are being mean to me.' The former only tells the reader one thing, while the latter tells the reader both that thing and why that thing is true.

Its because ": Sad :" is much shorter than "I am sad"

6 minutes ago, egregiousRac said:

In the current day and age, people live in the fast lane. Why spend time typing something understandable/thought-provoking or contribute to a conversation when you can just quickly post a generic silly face? Surely if they don't understand exactly why you feel that way, it's all their fault.

I can't say I'm in favor of it, either. Sadly, social media and its associates have bred a rather unsavory world for some of us.

Edited by Nitresco

54 minutes ago, Aura said:

:simaris::orokin::corpus::grineer:

:infested::sentient::conclave::platinum::naramon:

:zenurik: :madurai::vazarin::unairu::moon:

:sun::stalker::poop::clem::credits: 

:perrin::loka::meridian::hexis::suda::redveil: 

:angry::smile::laugh::sad::scared: 

:crylaugh::sleep::tongue::surprised::angel: 

:devil: :fist::heart::heartbroken: 

:thumbup::thumbdown::lotus::community: 

:oldloka::oldhexis::oldmeridian::oldperrin::oldredveil::oldsuda::oldConclave: 

:oldnaramon::oldzenurik::oldmadurai::oldvazarin::oldunairu: 

--------cracked out Firebug to datamine the rest -----

:satisfied::shocked::nerd::highfive::clap::awe::suspicion::inlove:

:dead5::dead4::dead2::dead3:

:voidkeytest::crewmantest::oldzanukawrong::oldTeamDeathMatch::oldDeathMatch::oldMoon::oldSun::tdm:

:ctc::dm::blush::vomit: 

That should be all of them.

I count 79 including the broken "dead" ones

28 minutes ago, N7Vanquisher said:

:lotus::orokin::sentient::infested::corpus::grineer::stalker::meridian::hexis::suda::perrin::redveil::loka::conclave::simaris:  :madurai::vazarin::naramon::zenurik::unairu::community::poop::smile::sad::angry::laugh::crylaugh::clem::platinum::credits::gustrag: 

:surprised::scared::sleep::sun::moon::thumbup::thumbdown::oldhexis::oldsuda::oldperrin::oldmeridian::oldloka::oldredveil::oldConclave::angel::devil::heart::heartbroken: clearly i am the current winner

I uhhh - I think I gotcha beat :tongue: 

4 minutes ago, N7Vanquisher said:
6 minutes ago, Syln said:

:greedymilk:

:( ho well oh thank god,screw you god.

fix'd :thumbup:

Fixed your fix : it's a fixception !

Edited by Syln

59 minutes ago, Aura said:

:simaris::orokin::corpus::grineer:

:infested::sentient::conclave::platinum::naramon:

:zenurik: :madurai::vazarin::unairu::moon:

:sun::stalker::poop::clem::credits: 

:perrin::loka::meridian::hexis::suda::redveil: 

:angry::smile::laugh::sad::scared: 

:crylaugh::sleep::tongue::surprised::angel: 

:devil: :fist::heart::heartbroken: 

:thumbup::thumbdown::lotus::community: 

:oldloka::oldhexis::oldmeridian::oldperrin::oldredveil::oldsuda::oldConclave: 

:oldnaramon::oldzenurik::oldmadurai::oldvazarin::oldunairu: 

--------cracked out Firebug to datamine the rest -----

:satisfied::shocked::nerd::highfive::clap::awe::suspicion::inlove:

:dead5::dead4::dead2::dead3:

:voidkeytest::crewmantest::oldzanukawrong::oldTeamDeathMatch::oldDeathMatch::oldMoon::oldSun::tdm:

:ctc::dm::blush::vomit: 

That should be all of them.

I count 79 including the broken "dead" ones

. thats technically cheating isnt it?