The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance post 18.5

eyeopener

My framerate has never risen above 50 in the first place, usually landing at a steady 35-40, with some low-impact settings enabled, the only time my framerate ever dropped below 25 was when the Halloween event was up with the fog, but even then, it was a stable ~17. With this new update, having disabled all graphics settings, disabled 64 bit, disabled gore to try to reduce particle effects, all awarding my hard work with lighting effects straight out of a PS2 and a glorious 30fps in liset. I barely managed to make it through the Gift alert, but getting remotely close to a Kubrow procced a low fps debuff on me, tanking it by another 2fps per kubrow. My luck decided to join in on the "make kao suffer" party, and my tigris' reload animation bugged, leaving a constant trail of smoke. Honestly I'm just glad Stalker didn't make an appearance, and as I cleared out enemies, my fps rose to 50 on an empty level, dropping back to 20-30 in liset. My drivers are up to date, my little toaster of a laptop runs bethesda games better than this new update.

WF was playable until new update came in. Now I'm dropping down to 10 frame rates. I can't even turn, can't even open hud menu, can't even look, can't even move, and worse is not making things play smooth even on low graphic setting. I'm running a alienware laptop and it should be running good at max.

I used to be able to play the game on middle settings at around 30-50 FPS in missions, so not bad. Now, in missions, I can't even get near an enemy before my FPS drops below 15. I even put ALL my settings on the lowest possible and nothing changed. 

Edit: For some reason, after disabling DirectX10, it seemed to make it much better for me, so far. I noticed in some missions, it's a lot slower. I think there are simply a couple of performance bugs right now that are affecting everyone. 

Edited by TheMortemShadow

Grineer missions seem to cause some stuttering. I don't notice any FPS drop, but there just seems to be some stuttering and also some popping in the sound. No issues anywhere else, except Greineer missions. Haven't been able to test on Earth, but the other missions where you are on a the ship. 

I've got HUGE problems with the FPS, specially on the conclave that it's to much now if i go like 20 fps and the new map i go like 9. 
The audio it feels not totally good, the update patch everytime gaving me problem and restart like 6-7 times. 

Really, I'm scared that is the first step for the LOW PC to leave Warframe, and this is the second time for me since I was playing when it was realesed and on that time I've leaved cause my last pc wasn't good for playing on it, and are passed like two years for returning and now I don't wanna do the same again. 

Edited by AndrewScreamSoul

my system:

win 7 64 bit,  8gb ram, phenom2 x4 980 cpu, amd/ati radeon hd 6870 gpu

i'm using rather low/middle-ish settings. my first mission vs grineer was fine - 60 fps as previously. just now tried an infested mission in the infested corpus ship tileset and the game crawls to a halt until the process isn't responding anymore.

Everybody, what version of the video drivers do you have installed?
Nvidia: It'll be something like 352.24.
AMD: It'll be something like 14.4 for the major releases.

Also what video card?

Have you tried unchecking 64-bit in the launcher?

Does going to the video settings and clicking default in the lower-right do anything?

Huge FPS drops from 60 to 30/ stuttering at times in infested missions (especially on earth), Synoid Simulor seems to make it worse (or is part of the problem.) Particle effects are the cause, I think. 

Win10 64-bit

ASUS STRIX GTX 960 DirectCU II 4GB OC

Intel i5-4690k

8 GB of RAM

Kingston HyperX FURY SSD 120 GB

Settings:

Max without motion blur, high FOV and default bloom (bloom at half). I have all the settings checked in launcher, such as 64 bit mode. 60 Hz refresh rate, V sync on auto, 1920 x 1080 resolution.

I have the latest graphics drivers. The stuttering is pretty weird, because it happened only few times in Eris survival. Same thing happened in Earth Infested alert mission, but it was worse.

Edited by Irregardless_Existence
More info

i seem to be having a similiar performance issue. before Update 18.5 my frame rate was a smooth 60FPS but now i cant seem to enter a mission without the FPS dropping to like 10-12 FPS which makes the game sluggish and unbearable to play. i dont know if its something to do with my settings or its something to do with the game itself. im running a 1TB desktop with 8Gb RAM and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 (2 Gb VRAM) 

Same issues, but getting 1 FPS after 5 mins in a mission. 

Specs:

• FX 8320
  • 16GB of HyperX Ram 1600MHz
  • R9 280 and a AMD FirePro W5100 (firepro is running a different monitor)
  • Setting medium to high

Installed lastest drivers, never had a problem with this before.. Memory leaks?

Since this update, it's broken the G-sync function. I'm using the Asus PG278Q monitor and I'm getting 7ms reponse at 144fps (144Hz) instead of 1ms which is what I'd have pre update making Warframe currently unplayable as my mouse input is raw and not synced with my monitor. Running two Nvidia Geforce Gtx 780TI in SLI, 16GB Ram, 1 TB HDD (Warframe installed) and i7-4770K. All Drivers are up to date.

Futher testing without G-sync turned on at 144Hz still doesn't improve response time, avg 6.9 to 7.0ms, and framerate loss happens in all areas with stuttering.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase
Additional Information.

I am running a 980 ti on a z170  DDR4 platform, and have been fishing the forums and reddit for a fix to this performance drop. I've tried every fix from tweaking settings in the launcher to dropping everything to low in the settings. Nothing i have tried has fixed the constant frame stuttering. My frame rate hangs out between 45 and 60 but stutters terribly. It is unplayable for me at this point. I hope there a fix for this coming soon. I might have missed a reply from DE up till now on how to fix this issue.

1 hour ago, thatguycameron said:

High shader quality keeps turning on everytime when i launch the game.

I try to disable it,but it doesn't make changes. After i restart the game,it turns back on.

Seeing this as well. Will look into getting it fixed ASAP.

16 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

If you're running latest it should actually be 362.00. WHQL released just a few days ago.

Both I listed are older versions on purpose.  I don't name the latest when I do give a number because some people will assume they have the latest and copy the number I posted, instead of actually checking.

42 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

If you're running latest it should actually be 362.00. WHQL released just a few days ago.

I updated drivers after my computer actually frooze up. Here are my specs:

• Windows 7 64 Bit
  • AMD FX 8320 (8-core)
  • 16GB DDR3 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost (1GB internal RAM)

The problem I was receiving was my audio would start to crack on the password login screen then if I was able to get into ship, there was 5-10 second frame rate delays.  I was able to get into the game by opening the Waframe launcher (I do not play through steam), and unchecking the "64-bit Mode" box in Settings.  I still have a much lower frame rate (was able to play on high settings with no issues), but was able to log in at least and start new weapons in foundry. 

My guess is AMD processors have some type of compatibility issue with 64-bit mode now.  Not a programmer, just a hunch based other peoples problems matching my own.

So I had 0 problems yesterday with the quest and good stuffs, but today as I logged in I CANNOT for the life of me get more than 25 FPS in ANY Mission. My PC is well capable but I think Hotfix 18.5.1 must have broke something because my computer has no issues running Fallout 4 at Ultra 60 FPS and Warframe at Ultra at 60 FPS until this morning. Anyone else having frame rate issues?

Specs:

Zotac GTX 970

AMD FX-9590

Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler

16 GB Skill DDR3 Ram

EDIT: I also checked Temps when I got sudden FPS drops and my CPU was at ~30 C and my GPU was at ~55 C

Edited by -BE-VoltageKg

Performance is virtually the same for me after the update. The game looks noticeably worse in some areas though, I feel like the old lighting was better. Also, the game crashed after I tried to disable the high quality shaders (it never crashed before).

I took these screenshots on Earth, they just look awful. I play the game on a low-end ultrabook (don't ask) at 720p, all settings on low/disabled except for Runtime Tessellation, Adaptive Exposure, Glare, High Shader Quality, Texture Memory (high), Dynamic Lighting, Character Shadows, and Weapon Elemental FX. Like I said, not the highest setting possible, but I don't think it's supposed to look that bad, and I don't remember the game looking that bad before the update (maybe it's because Shadow Quality's on low?).

Specs: i3 @ 1.8 GHz, GT 635M @ 2 GB (I've just installed the latest driver), 4 GB RAM, and Windows 10 64-bit.

Also, the Nvidia PhysX Effects setting is grayed out for some reason, it wasn't like that before 18.5.