Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros is Powerful(coming from a Valkyr player)

Kothophed

I got my 75% off sale just as spoilers came out for 18.5, and so got enough plat to be able to buy Inaros when he came out.  Man was I not dissapointed.  His one is a radial blind that also gives you effective Lifestrike for duration on blind enemies, so I thought I would build around that.  And then I saw his #2: It disables an enemy then makes you completely immune from damage while you siphon its health and mind control them. Its like Hysteria, Well of Life and Mind Control combined.  With Vitality and Rage, you always have full energy, and even if you Clem up so badly you manage to die, you become an enemy leeching coffin of doom, only to emerge at full health.  This also solves another problem I had: finding a use for Undying Will.  

Hail the beautiful child of Nekros and Valkyr!

its fantastic frame really buy build is next... hand springs must...energy syphon.vitality steel fiber.undaying will.pflow.streamline.pcontinuity.transient fortitude.streach.undaying will is there cz give u extra time if u die... and garante u auto rev..also reduce poison effects

I just can't find myself to use any of his abilities... except #1 that pretty much just heals you to full. #2 feels too slow when you are fighting many enemies. #3... well good luck trying to move. #4 I just have no idea when you can use this... it seems like copy of well of life except you don't need to shoot it. Otherwise it seems fun to run around with ~5k health. and the fact you can't actually die with this frame.

53 minutes ago, Kothophed said:

His one is a radial blind

So his pocket sand is a 360 degree blind?

53 minutes ago, Kothophed said:

And then I saw his #2: It disables an enemy then makes you completely immune from damage while you siphon its health and mind control them. Its like Hysteria, Well of Life and Mind Control combined.

You're immune and can move around and attack while immune? If so, that's pretty good, otherwise it's only okay.

He is definently within the top four tanks of the game but offers nothing else, I personally am not really interested in him because the only tank I play is Trinity who is more of a support. He will be good at long survival runs but nothing else, for he doesn't bring any cc or damage.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Undying will finally will get a use? Does equipping Provoked make him leech enemies and revive faster???

This guy asking the important questions here. Completely forgot about those mods till now, but I'll definitely try to run undying will. Not sure about Provoke though.

Edited by Darkmoone1

4 hours ago, Kothophed said:

I got my 75% off sale just as spoilers came out for 18.5, and so got enough plat to be able to buy Inaros when he came out.  Man was I not dissapointed.  His one is a radial blind that also gives you effective Lifestrike for duration on blind enemies, so I thought I would build around that.  And then I saw his #2: It disables an enemy then makes you completely immune from damage while you siphon its health and mind control them. Its like Hysteria, Well of Life and Mind Control combined.  With Vitality and Rage, you always have full energy, and even if you Clem up so badly you manage to die, you become an enemy leeching coffin of doom, only to emerge at full health.  This also solves another problem I had: finding a use for Undying Will.  

Hail the beautiful child of Nekros and Valkyr!

SandStormed from General Discussion to Feedback Warframe&Abilities.

He Seems Pretty Exciting (Nekros is my Fav frame along with Mesa) Glad he isn't just a Nekros Clone Was Pretty shocked when i saw his 4.6K Health pool and his ability to Revive himself

My only Gripe is after all this Power Creep the Role of Tank has been stolen from Rhino (Who Was the "Noob Frame" for being invincible at low levels.) and the Best tank in game is no longer the Hulking brute of Rhino but instead he is Outclassed By a Monkey a Scrawny Dead guy and a Kitty cat

Something just seems wrong here

Uh you are not immune to damage on his 2 ability. I have died midheal with this skill multiple times. And the 2 second "stagger" after you finish casting is somewhat annoying.

But overall I do love this frame. THe no health but still tanky is a nice new style

Edited by rawr1254

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crimson_Judgment said:

Best tank in game is no longer the Hulking brute of Rhino but instead he is Outclassed By a Monkey a Scrawny Dead guy and a Kitty cat

Judge not, a book by its cover, Tenno.

To be fair, Rhino brings more to the table than those three at the same token. Of the four you mentioned, Rhino is the only one who gives a meaningful buff to allies (not many care about melee attack speed from Valkyr, the defense buff no one cares about for sure beyond Inaros, Chroma, other Valkyrs, and Rhino) with Roar, has actual Crowd Control in the form of Rhino Charge and Rhino Stomp.

Rhino is your damage support tank, those typically do not have the best tanking ability compared to others.

Valkyr is the solo target tank. They usually have pretty high defense and damage but lack any kind of area of effect in any game they show up in.

Inaros and Wukong fit your support tank roles. Usually lack damage but have some kind of support either defensively or offensively (more of CC on the offense than damage).

As it stands, they run their roles well. I mean, with Roar with Rhino at 175% Power, the 14k radiation damage on my Sancti Tigris jumps to 36k for 30 seconds. That will likely beat out anything Valkyr's speed buff would pump out with a melee weapon, and Rhinos buff affects all sources of damage.

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

4 hours ago, rawr1254 said:

Uh you are not immune to damage on his 2 ability. I have died midheal with this skill multiple times. And the 2 second "stagger" after you finish casting is somewhat annoying.

But overall I do love this frame. THe no health but still tanky is a nice new style

Weird. I've stood in the middle of 4 scorches and a ton of other enemies in sortie 3, not taking a single point of damage while eating. Did you cast Devour than ran to him and held X? Did you cast and hold Devour to eat it? And if that doesn't make a difference, maybe it is not the enemies that killed you but freindly fire (radiation)? Maybe it just gives yu an insane armor buff for the duration so you heal more than enemies damage you, but, say, a tonkor bullet would still kill you? Also if you were using press+hold, maybe before you actually started devouring someone CC'd that enemy; in that case the devouring is interrupted and you have to run to the enemy and press+hold X.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Crimson_Judgment said:

He Seems Pretty Exciting (Nekros is my Fav frame along with Mesa) Glad he isn't just a Nekros Clone Was Pretty shocked when i saw his 4.6K Health pool and his ability to Revive himself

My only Gripe is after all this Power Creep the Role of Tank has been stolen from Rhino (Who Was the "Noob Frame" for being invincible at low levels.) and the Best tank in game is no longer the Hulking brute of Rhino but instead he is Outclassed By a Monkey a Scrawny Dead guy and a Kitty cat

Don't forget the dragon lol. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

Judge not, a book by its cover, Tenno.

To be fair, Rhino brings more to the table than those three at the same token. Of the four you mentioned, Rhino is the only one who gives a meaningful buff to allies (not many care about melee attack speed from Valkyr, the defense buff no one cares about for sure beyond Inaros, Chroma, other Valkyrs, and Rhino) with Roar, has actual Crowd Control in the form of Rhino Charge and Rhino Stomp.

Rhino is your damage support tank, those typically do not have the best tanking ability compared to others.

Valkyr is the solo target tank. They usually have pretty high defense and damage but lack any kind of area of effect in any game they show up in.

Inaros and Wukong fit your support tank roles. Usually lack damage but have some kind of support either defensively or offensively (more of CC on the offense than damage).

As it stands, they run their roles well. I mean, with Roar with Rhino at 175% Power, the 14k radiation damage on my Sancti Tigris jumps to 36k for 30 seconds. That will likely beat out anything Valkyr's speed buff would pump out with a melee weapon, and Rhinos buff affects all sources of damage.

Valkyr's melee buff is great for her ultimate and melee players like me. Personally, i can get insane spin2win with my war. I'd expect the same for the galatine and scindo prime. Jat Kittag also does some insane damage and cc with the speed buff. DPS on war is upwards in the 93,500 max with cleaving whirlwind broken bull combo without speed buff. Including the speed buff with the valkyr build I have increases that dps by 83.5%. I doubt the sancti tigris can match that, but I may be wrong. I've heard it can reach 200K burst dps, but that it's sustained is closer to 50k. Melee is equal both sustained and burst dps. Don't even start about how this affects her hysteria claws.

Also, with wukong, primal fury is a beast at melee and can get some really good damage. With naramon's passive, he becomes the corrupted home wrecker. Chroma's effigy can get some good cc especially on defense missions, but it does hurt his armor a little. Vex armor makes his usage of weapons god-like. Making tonkors one-hit level 100 heavy gunners is no joke. I say rhino as a damage support tank falls off incredibly fast, turning him into the "eh" damage cc support tank. Even his tankiness falls off incredibly fast.

From what I've seen so far he is lacking something. I mean it seems like the best way to play him is by using his massive HP pool and being a melee tank. Yet he has not a single ability able to increase his melee damage output. His kit basically begs for something like "Toxic Lash" which is not very useful for Saryin but would really help Inaros.

Because right now he is a melee frame that does less melee damage than all the other melee frames.

7 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

From what I've seen so far he is lacking something. I mean it seems like the best way to play him is by using his massive HP pool and being a melee tank. Yet he has not a single ability able to increase his melee damage output. His kit basically begs for something like "Toxic Lash" which is not very useful for Saryin but would really help Inaros.

Because right now he is a melee frame that does less melee damage than all the other melee frames.

I'd take that into consideration when he comes out for my console. Good to know. I seriously thought he would be another aggro frame since he can take great damage while not dealing great damage. Guess I was right. I also think they're gonna nerf his health pool soon, but we'll have to wait and see what the min/max players of the community do with him. From the sound of him, Rage, Winds of purity Furis, Sancti/Vaykor Weapons, and life strike seem like a must for him. I could be wrong though. Also, does his ultimate act like iron skin armor which give like a second health phase, or like chroma's armor were it gives him even more damage reduction? 

50 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

"Coming from a Valkyr player"? Wow, cocky much that you play Valkyr and some others don't wanna?

Valyr is the current broken frame, so it makes sense to use her as a baseline, especially for other tanks.  You have my respect for playing more interesting and actually challenging frames than Valk.

27 minutes ago, Kothophed said:

Valyr is the current broken frame, so it makes sense to use her as a baseline, especially for other tanks.  You have my respect for playing more interesting and actually challenging frames than Valk.

This is the best reply I've ever seen. Most people would've trashed talked or ignore it, but you complimented him, explained yourself, and gave sensible reasoning. You sir have MY respect.

37 minutes ago, Kothophed said:

Valyr is the current broken frame, so it makes sense to use her as a baseline, especially for other tanks.  You have my respect for playing more interesting and actually challenging frames than Hysteria only Valk.

Fixed that for you

Kinda glad the frame ended up more unique than I expected.