Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Stealth Nerf on Deception spawns.

Liberty83

Just why? (We know why, to nerf focus farming)  

Ran 4 excavations with 1000-2000 cryotic.  Daily Sorties.  6 Syndicate missions and 3 alerts using full greater focus gear and a full team. Probably had 5-6K kills and earned ~56K focus (while trying to grab every focus booster I could).  Just how much of a grind are we expected to hit the daily cap?

Edited by Liberty83

Or you know maybe it's not a stealth nerf and just a simple bug that kinda happens when there are updates that double the game's entire size.

EDIT: Also- we are not SUPPOSED to reach the daily cap. It is not a GOAL that is set for us to HIT. It is a LIMIT to PREVENT us from going OVER that point. Why? Because if that limit didn't exist; people would farm nonstop 24/7 for focus- when it's not even MEANT to be farmed, just gradually acquired over time for 'vet' players- and burn themselves out and complain about the game being bad when it's not and they're just hurting themselves.

AKA The daily cap isn't a goal. It's a straight jacket to keep the farmers from hurting themselves. But they don't seem to be able to understand that.

Edited by Stratego89

And here I am still doing these amount of Focus gains per Convergence, multiple times in a single run.

Yes, 23.5k Focus on < 38 enemies kills. Stop fussing about the Focus gains, there are better ways to "farm them."

w6BW0R4.jpg

Edited by MIRROR_ell
Because people keep whining about "how bad" the focus gains is when they don't properly know how to actually "farm" focus points. Scrubs.

I was trying to run the Moon spy mission earlier and was getting ~900 Focus during convergence with only 5-10 kills for the duration. Usually would only get 20-50 Focus for that same type of run. I thought it had been buffed, but it dropped back down on later runs.

Come to think of it, I got a 2-hour affinity booster on login, but if that alone is able to boost focus by that much, then that's pretty ridiculous for those of us not running boosters all the time.

Also, how is this topic about Deception Spawns?

Edited by Maicael
Remembered a detail

16 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Or you know maybe it's not a stealth nerf and just a simple bug that kinda happens when there are updates that double the game's entire size.

Nothing is a bug. Everything is a stealth nerf. Welcome to the forums.

23 minutes ago, MIRROR_ell said:

And here I am still doing these amount of Focus gains per Convergence, multiple times in a single run.

Yes, 23.5k Focus on < 38 enemies kills. Stop fussing about the Focus gains, there are better ways to "farm them."

w6BW0R4.jpg

mind to explain how the hell can you do that with loki/melee stealth run i assume. Even with a booster is impossible to achieve that amount of focus.

29 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

EDIT: Also- we are not SUPPOSED to reach the daily cap. It is not a GOAL that is set for us to HIT. It is a LIMIT to PREVENT us from going OVER that point. Why? Because if that limit didn't exist; people would farm nonstop 24/7 for focus- when it's not even MEANT to be farmed, just gradually acquired over time for 'vet' players- and burn themselves out and complain about the game being bad when it's not and they're just hurting themselves.

AKA The daily cap isn't a goal. It's a straight jacket to keep the farmers from hurting themselves. But they don't seem to be able to understand that.

Everything is a stealth nerf when not fixed pretty much immediately after such behaviour has been observed.

And 4GB is hardly doubling this game's size, it's been like 14GBs before it. Now is whopping 16GBs.

These limits are also goals for quite a few people, be it with mental disorder or not. I'm not a psychologist, but IIRC, human mind is supposedly fixated on completing tasks. Seeing a task started (daily focus) that's not even close to being finished just drives people mad, especially because quite quickly there's literally nothing to do but to farm focus.

1 hour ago, eminiclam said:

mind to explain how the hell can you do that with loki/melee stealth run i assume. Even with a booster is impossible to achieve that amount of focus.

So stealth killing around 10 enemies while under the focus booster with greater lense on WF / Weapon will net you a base of ~3000 focus. (Depending on how many bombards / heavy gunners you get, it can be more)

Killing 30 targets ~9000 XP.

Affinity booster will bump it up to 18000 XP

Strategic Execution gives a 25% boost to affinity on melee kills.  So 18000XP *1.25 would be around 22,500 XP which is what the person you quoted cited.

However, it largely depends on spawn density and maintaining stealth to be able to hit those 30 kills per minute.  I can usually hit 15-20 just running through stealthing with the occasional spike to 30+.  

Edited by Liberty83

5 hours ago, Mofixil said:

Everything is a stealth nerf when not fixed pretty much immediately after such behaviour has been observed.

And 4GB is hardly doubling this game's size, it's been like 14GBs before it. Now is whopping 16GBs.

These limits are also goals for quite a few people, be it with mental disorder or not. I'm not a psychologist, but IIRC, human mind is supposedly fixated on completing tasks. Seeing a task started (daily focus) that's not even close to being finished just drives people mad, especially because quite quickly there's literally nothing to do but to farm focus.

Firstly... please, PLEASE tell me you are mocking the mentality of stealth nerfs...

Secondly, Steve said on his twitter the game would be almost 20GB total after 18.5- the 4GB download would unpack into more, as updates kinda do that. My bad if I don't go and see if my game is now taking up that 20GB instead of playing it. Also I saw screenshots earlier showing it was actually ~18.7GB unless you specifically go and click optimize in the launcher.

Didn't know playing the game wasn't something to do besides farm focus. I've really learned a lot here today.

1 hour ago, Stratego89 said:

Secondly, Steve said on his twitter the game would be almost 20GB total after 18.5- the 4GB download would unpack into more, as updates kinda do that. My bad if I don't go and see if my game is now taking up that 20GB instead of playing it. Also I saw screenshots earlier showing it was actually ~18.7GB unless you specifically go and click optimize in the launcher.

Didn't know playing the game wasn't something to do besides farm focus. I've really learned a lot here today.

df46b9b3da.png

Steam reports about 8.5GB, Windows reports nearly twice that. Who's right?

Focus, Syndicates and Conclave are these few subsystems in the game that present a daily "challenge", compared to everything else in the game that is pretty much single use.
Though all of these daily systems aren't much more than a gate to more single use content...

On 3/5/2016 at 2:08 AM, Stratego89 said:

-blablabla-

EDIT: Also- we are not SUPPOSED to reach the daily cap. It is not a GOAL that is set for us to HIT.

-blablabla-

The game should give freedom to the players on how to play it. All these caps/nerfs/stealth nerfs are nothing but cheap ways to extend our interest in the game, and ultimately they just drive people away because a. We're not stupid and can see through it. b. The game is there, why not let us play the way we want?

Might as well rename the game DRACOFRAME by now...

Thumbs down DE. This washed away the good things Inaros had brought.