Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

Its for Kavats. So you'll have to get a new dog cat to eat away the infestation and then be leveled for MR fodder. Which opens up this new room for companions and shiz, and, well. That's it. 

Personally I think there are some amazing potentials for horror and exploration of what the Warframes are. But this is DE, so. Psychic kids playing with dolls. 

Edited by Cancer_Cowboy

3 hours ago, Djolltax said:

However, don't forget that Warframes are made of infested flesh, and so it could also have something to do with that.

Geoff commented in the devstream that it looked like lock seals were failing around that hatch.

I'd say that's a hint. Doesn't look like we'll find out for sure until U19, though.

Might very well want to keep that Ignis handy or keep Saryn(P) on deck...just in case.

PS: Sorry for leaving the Reddit formating, im just more used to it and to lazy to reformat it here :P

tl;dr at the bottom

We all know of it, hear it, see it , smell it, the infested door in our Orbiter.

But what is the Cause of the Infestation outbreak in our Orbiter?

To start that, we basicly need to know what the Orbiter is.

The Orbiter is a Set of Rooms, which is contained in the Landingcraft of the Tenno. The Rooms are only accessible from within the Landingcraft. The Containment of all these Rooms into a small Landingcraft is basicly possible due to Orokin Technology (Devstream 27) and the rooms themselfs basicly exist in the Void (Ordis:"I will keep the Orbiter hidden in the void.)

Before i get into the the Theories:

Lovely Disclaimer!

Everything is based on Theories, which are based on things we see in the Game and what i may or may not conclude out of this. Naturaly,

Spoilers are unavoidable,

so read at your own discretion!

So, now that we have that out of the Way, we can discuss how the Infestation got into the Orbiter, which is Hidden in the Void, only accessible from our Landingcraft.

Theory 1: We brought something back, which spread in the Orbiter.

Since the Orbiter itself is proteced from the Void Energy (Shadow Stalker with Sentient armor and Hunhow and Lotus could move in there, without any obvious affections of the Void.), there was nothing in the way of the Infestation to spread freely, once it got in our Orbiter, but how did it get there in the first place?

Well, the only ones that are going in and out of the Orbiter is You, the Tenno controlling the Warframe for the everyday Grind youre doing.

Taking back some infested Spores on the bottom of your Feet doesnt seem impossible.

Another Candidate for infested Tissue that we might brought back is the Sacred Vessel from the Sands of Inaros Quest we just recently got.

The Sacred Vessel is filled with Parts of Inaros himself, which in itself isnt a Problem, but the main point is what Inaros was doing before his last Moments.

As we Learn from the Voice of Baros Mother, which we hear during the Quest, Inaros proteced the Last few Villager from the Infestation which started to break out on Phobos and after a Sandstorm, which Inaros created, they only Found Inaros Parts.

The which the Villager then put into the Sacred Vessels and then placed in the Rooms we find in the Quest.

It is quite possible, that infested Material survived all that time in those Vessels and then was released into our Orbiter, once we Opened the Vessel to get the Blueprints for Inaros for our Foundry.

Indication for that Infestation is still in the Area are the Feral Kavats we also find in the Sands of Inaros Quest, because "Kavats normally live in Infested areas and feed on the Infestation.".

Theory 2: The Infestation broke out from inside the Room.

When we didnt bring it back in, then it obviously has to come from within the Orbiter and the only possible things we have, that use infested Tissue are the Following:

1. The Warframes and all those Infested Weapons we own.

2. Resources: Nano Spores, Plastids, Mutagen Samples, Mutagen Mass, Mutalist Alad V Coordinates.

3. The White Branch Tubes

The infested Material from the Frames could have leaked out when the Stalker Stabbed us in the Chest and from then on Spread apart.

Resources could have Spread via Leakage from wherever theyre contained.

Both of them are unlikely, because:

• The Infestation would have spread from where the infested Blood / Tissue spilled, at the spot where the Frame got stabbed.

• Materials are most likely contained Digitally / Via another Void Technology (since we can have indefinity amounts of everything and the Foundry has direct access to them, at any time).

and the next point also makes Theory 1 unlikely as well:

• There are no Requirements for the door to become infested

Every Player, be it Newer ones, Veterans, player who have completed Quest XYZ have their Door become affected by the Infestation, even the ones who step into their Liset for the very first time.

The Main counter Point to Theory 1 is:

How did we take something back into an Area of the Orbiter, which we dont have any access to, to this very Moment?

Also as it can be seen here it seems as if the Infestation Spreaded from whatever was behind the Door. it probably didnt spread through the Door itself, since its either not quite advanced yet, which is supported by the Sound appearing before we had any Visual Infestation or because the Doors are simply shut really well.

So the only possible thing we know of, that is left, that could have caused the Spread of the Infestation are the White Tree Branches , which we find all through out or Orbiter.

I dont cant 100% tell if the Branches are really Infested Material or not, because there is simply not enough information about them, but there are several points points in the Game, that lead me to belive that theyre made from infested Material.

1. The Orokin made the Infestation and already were shown Capable to controll it and use it for their own Propuses, which can be seen by the Warframes, which contain controlled, infested Material in them.

2. The Branches were Shown to be able to move, as if they were Tentacle Arms of some sort, which can be seen in the Second Dream, as well as an moving / flowing Texture on several white Branches (when zooming on them and not moving the cursor, the Movement can be seen) , which can be found in the Void.

3. The Branches are affected by the Infestation as seen in the Derelict, most Derelict Branches sprout from spots where the white Branches came from and some Branches share the moving / flowing Textures with the white Branches. on some of the Infested Branches the nice transition area can even be seen, where the white, not anymore glowing Tree transists into the browish blue dotted Version of it. This Lose of Glow can even be seen on the Branches in close Proximity to the Infestation in the Orbiter.

One Explanation on how the white Branches started to spread the Infestation, could be, that Ordis failed to keep the Systems, that Supresses the Infestation within the Branches from spreading, which is absolutly possible, since as we all know, Ordis is a Cracked Cephalons.

Im kidda puzzled on how we gonna remove the Infestation, it might be logical that the Kavats have something to do with it, since they feed on Infestation, but its also quite bizzare to imagine getting a Cat just so that it can feast on the Infestation. We might simply get Whatever Alad used to cure his infestation or What Tyl uses to cleanse his Soldiers in the Underwater labs.

Now, what is behind that Door?

Its most likely Ordis himself, the Reason for that is rather simple obviousy:

isnt Ordis awfully quite the last few days?

When Orids really becomes infected with Infestation, then im not quite so sure if he can keep up his promise:

Operator, I will never betray you. I will keep the Orbiter hidden in the void. You can count on me!"

What do is your take on this? Any other suggestions, things i missed (which i obviously do), or maybe Other ideas on whats going on with the door entirely?

TL;DR: Broken Ordis dun goofed and got cray-cray with Space cancer.

Edited by MaidGalaxy

47 minutes ago, Amphytrion said:

toilet and kitchen....?

now seriously i'm speculating bout something related to incoming quests or possibly a layout change according to your ship in the future...given nowday having a dif ship...means same old layout...-.- 

The ship you see in the loading screens is the liset or one of the others. The ship you run around in to change your arsenal etcetera is the orbiter. A much bigger one, where you dock the liset.  

It's kinda like the old pirat ships where they have to use a small rowboat to reach the beach. The liset is the rowboat in this case.

Edited by MaiNeym

2 minutes ago, MaiNeym said:

The ship you see in the loading screens is the liset or one of the others. The ship you run around in to change your arsenal etcetera is the orbiter. A much bigger one, where you dock the liset.  

It's kinda like the old pirat ships where they have to use a small rowboat to reach the beach. The liset is the rowboat in this case.

Yep. To illustrate:

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

That's the Orbiter. See the little turquoise outline on the front of it? Looks like the Liset, doesn't it.

bkKCPlF.gif

Spoiler: Your ship is actually huge.

If all players, old and new alike have it, it's likely that it was here since a long time ago, and could even be linked to Ordis' malfunctions...

To be honest, my curiosity about it is only trumped by my annoyance. There's a very clear threat INSIDE my orbiter, ONLY A FEW METERS from the Operator, which is a kid whose been sitting in a cocoon his whole life, and who would be considered the weakest point in my arsenal. I don't care for some feline, I already have Valkyr for that, I want to get through that door and wipe out whatever is causing this. Seriously messes up immersion...

I really doubt its related to Kavats,since DE already told us how we´re going to acquire them,scan a feral kavat,get its DNA imprint,but it in a Kubrow egg,and hatch it,and its going to use the same module as the Kubrows do.

And that we got a little more sound in this update,its clear that there is something living behind that door,spreading

(Sets up Ignis)

I don't know if this has always been the case or only since the infestation stuff showed up in the orbiter, but I've noticed that there is a crack on Ordis when he pops up to say something.

Maybe what's happening to Jordas is happening to Ordis?

16 minutes ago, LifeNine said:

I don't know if this has always been the case or only since the infestation stuff showed up in the orbiter, but I've noticed that there is a crack on Ordis when he pops up to say something.

Pretty sure that's always been there, to represent his broken nature.

I mean, I could be wrong, but I do think that it's not new.

30 minutes ago, LifeNine said:

Thats always been there. What hasn't always been there is the red-ish glow in him(as far as I'm aware of), that is now present. From what I can see anyway.

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yep. It's like a faint, wispy red-purple-pinkish stripe, ill defined and cloudy, down the middle of his blue cube avatar thing. Faint and wispy, but definitely present.

The only question is whether it was always there, and to be honest, I don't think it was.

As far as I can tell it wasn't always there. If there is any previous footage anywhere we could take a gander at it before the infestation thing happened.
Maybe Mogamu has somethin' that shows Ordis in it before the infestation thing?
Not sure.

But I'm pretty sure the red glow wasn't there before.

For a low price of 19.99, you'll invest in your ship for the uttermost future quality! I can assure you, good sir/madam, that this deal is a one of a life time deal!

... :p

Infested*

But, yeh! We'll see what happens. There is a megathread for this <3