Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

3 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

I think when he refers to "we" in a mission, I highly doubt he means one or the other.

I think it's both the operator and the warframe.

The warframe is probably not immune. Remember the Infested Mesa?

1 minute ago, Magnulast said:

I think when he refers to "we" in a mission, I highly doubt he means one or the other.

I think it's both the operator and the warframe.

I agree with that. The Orokin made the infested and the Tenno. Making your ultimate weapon be immune to your previous failed weapon should be a priority. Anyway, I thought the Tenno were part infested already. DE decided to make Dark Sector cannon right? So Hayden is part infested and the first Tenno. Heck the warframe could even be made out of infested flesh, if not, at least Saryn is. And a final note, you can put scars on your operator that looks like infected flesh. Especially when you color it green, black, and red like I did.

2 minutes ago, ultiga said:

Don't forget Chroma is classified as infested in the codex too! Although, to be fair, In Mesa's case Alad V did modify the infestation strain and used it during the fabrication process of Mesa.

Food for Thought: Infested Alad V drops Mesa's blueprints, and we destroyed the Infested Mesa during a questline. Although this is all conjecture, whats to say Alad V didn't just make Mesa using the origonal blueprints after some minor adjustments to allow for the infestation to control the frame?

36 minutes ago, Grayfigure said:

It hit me while I was thinking about how anticlimactic it is to have an infestation on our ship, cus we run through that stuff like grass on a spring day.....

Then it hits me...the Question:

Are WE (Tenno) Immune to the Infestation, or are our WARFRAMES Immune to it?

two very different questions, with two Very different answers, and two VERY different consequences.....especially since its RIGHT DOWN THE HALLWAY......

Need Infested Exterminators STAT!!

during missions your operator will come right out and say they (you, tenno) are immune to the infestation.

The way I see it, warframes are ants and the Tenno are cordyceps unilateralis.

The infested hive-mind call for its stole brethren but the parasitic fungus (tenno) deny the poor ant its trip back home.

Over time, the captive warframes have developed stockholm syndrome and began to accept its place as the marionette. It willingly allowed itself to be a puppet, giving up its most basic functions and instincts to the higher willed Tenno.

When the somatic link fails...when the being that the warframe has accepted as 'god' has stopped giving it orders...well..then the beast slowly stirs...

A masochist of such a caliber as the tenno must have a controller..

Large amount of Void energy radiated will begin to burn infestation away .....Operators seem to radiate this....the chamber the Operator is doesn't it seem pretty clear but it may have an atmospheric bubble.

Maybe that is why mirage died the Operator might have put to much power into mirage burning his mind out and the warframe out as they fought the sentient.

Edited by Leavith

1 hour ago, Grayfigure said:

Need Infested Exterminators STAT!!

Spoiler

1242695685531.jpg

Being serious though, you are immune as much as your warframe, no worries.

The only anwser for this problem...

Edited by Henji

I just wish we could use our Warframe powers in our ship. I would go burn it all away with Ember if it weren't for that silly rule.

I LIKE MY HOSE CLEAN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I can smell it from my throne all the way in the back, and it stinks. Smells like burning rubber and moldy cheese...

really like how lotus will be all 'wipe the infestation', 'clean this place' when in mission, but when it comes to your own ship everyone is 'whatever' *takes a shot of space vodka*

meanwhile we're probably spreading space herpes wherever we go, instead of just pointing ignis at it and calling it a day. good job tenno.

1 hour ago, plexus_brachialis said:

meanwhile we're probably spreading space herpes wherever we go

If the Warframes are 'immune' and the Tenno is immune, and assuming Ordis can't be compromised like Jordas without the whole ship being compromised to the point of no longer supporting life (Re: Ask a Cephalon), then that would be the real danger of having Infestation aboard. We could be unwittingly spreading it all over the system.

4 hours ago, ultiga said:

Warframes are immune. That Mesa was simply wearing a collar that was controlled by Infested flesh - everything else on Mesa was normal.

File:InfestedMesaCollar.png

File:InfestedMesaBack.png

4 hours ago, Sorrow-San said:

Don't forget Chroma is classified as infested in the codex too! Although, to be fair, In Mesa's case Alad V did modify the infestation strain and used it during the fabrication process of Mesa.

Food for Thought: Infested Alad V drops Mesa's blueprints, and we destroyed the Infested Mesa during a questline. Although this is all conjecture, whats to say Alad V didn't just make Mesa using the origonal blueprints after some minor adjustments to allow for the infestation to control the frame?

He didn't make Mesa, he just found one and attached his Infested toilet seat to the Warframe. Only Ordis has the means to build Warframes from scratch VIA blueprints.

6 hours ago, CadenFall said:

DE decided to make Dark Sector cannon right?

Is was said in one of the devstreams that Dark Sector is not canon; only some elements are taken from it, like unit designs. You could consider it a spiritual predecessor. Other than that, I agree that we, the operators, are immue to the infestation. Even if it gets too close to the somatic link, we can blast it with our void powers. Along with a half of the ship.

Edited by Genitive