Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

4 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

don't show the door...

̨͠Do ͞͞ń͘o͞t̨ ̧̕s͘p͢l͟i̴͢t̵͘ ͘҉t̡͞͠h̵́e̶ ̴́͡d̵re̷̡ą̵͡ḿ͟.

*cough cough* sorry about that.

Anyway, we gonna do an “another day another infested ship thread” like we did for the orokitty?

To succumb to Infestation there would need to be several breached security codes, including those dedicated to disinfection, prior to gaining access to my hardware. In such a scenario it is safe to assume that this entire facility has suffered catastrophic damage and the end of all life onboard is eminent.

- Cephalon Cordylon.

9_9

It's worth noting that all the weapons fielded by Inaros in the Sands of Inaros mission are infested. This implies that the practice of using infested weapons predates the fall of the Orokin Empire. (Inaros is also, as far as we know, the first rogue Tenno.) It also implies that the relationship between the Tenno and the Infestation is more than just a superficial connection. Once upon a time the J3 Golem spoke for the Infestation, claimed to be "our flesh", and asked us to "consume [them] and be reborn."

With the upcoming Phorid re-work I think it's safe to say we'll be learning more about the Infestation very soon. It's likely this is connected with the Infestation present on our ships. Kavats may play a part in what becomes the quest chain to explore these mysteries, but I very much doubt the room and the Infestation coming from it exist only to act as a hook for Kavat taming/breeding.

Edited by Mints

34 minutes ago, Mints said:

It's worth noting that all the weapons fielded by Inaros in the Sands of Inaros mission are infested. This implies that the practice of using infested weapons predates the fall of the Orokin Empire. (Inaros is also, as far as we know, the first rogue Tenno.) It also implies that the relationship between the Tenno and the Infestation is more than just a superficial connection. Once upon a time the J3 Golem spoke for the Infestation, claimed to be "our flesh", and asked us to "consume [them] and be reborn."

With the upcoming Phorid re-work I think it's safe to say we'll be learning more about the Infestation very soon. It's likely this is connected with the Infestation present on our ships. Kavats may play a part in what becomes the quest chain to explore these mysteries, but I very much doubt the room and the Infestation coming from it exist only to act as a hook for Kavat taming/breeding.

I doubt there's any deep lore behind Inaros' weapons.

After Shadow Debt, the devs wanted to put in gimmicky conditional weapons, and decided that Infested weaponry fit the bill nicely. The new Warframe traditionally showcases the weapons released alongside it. Simple as that.

Mutalist is the strain of Infestation specifically engineered by Alad V, and it's a reasonable assumption that Mutalist Cernos was developed at some time by Alad during his Infested period with respect to the timeline. 

Not necessarily saying you're wrong with your assessment, but basing it off of Inaros' weapons is not the best method of formulating the assessment in my opinion.

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

I doubt there's any deep lore behind Inaros' weapons.

After Shadow Debt, the devs wanted to put in gimmicky conditional weapons, and decided that Infested weaponry fit the bill nicely. The new Warframe traditionally showcases the weapons released alongside it. Simple as that.

Mutalist is the strain of Infestation specifically engineered by Alad V, and it's a reasonable assumption that Mutalist Cernos was developed at some time by Alad during his Infested period with respect to the timeline. 

Not necessarily saying you're wrong with your assessment, but basing it off of Inaros' weapons is not the best method of formulating the assessment in my opinion.

I do not believe Alad made the Mutalist Cernos. It's likely the Tenno just applied the strain to a weapon, like they normally do. 

I even have doubts about Alad being the sole reason the Infested can infect machines. They appeared to be capable of this before his tinkering when we consider Jordas. He most likely just made it a lot easier for them to do it.

2 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

I do not believe Alad made the Mutalist Cernos. It's likely the Tenno just applied the strain to a weapon, like they normally do. 

I even have doubts about Alad being the sole reason the Infested can infect machines. They appeared to be capable of this before his tinkering when we consider Jordas. He most likely just made it a lot easier for them to do it.

I agree that it's unclear exactly what distinction separates the Mutalist strain from traditional Infestation, but from the dialogue of the Patient Zero Quest, it does seem to be different (and more dangerous) somehow and was developed by Alad V.

Just judging from the name, I find it difficult to argue that Alad V is the creator of Mutalist Cernos. Or at the very least, his strain infected the Cernos - either by coincidence naturally, or specifically harnessed by the Tenno. Either way, it didn't exist before Alad V.

On 3/20/2016 at 1:14 PM, Urlan said:

Orks are the meanest and toughest there is! WAAAGH!!! I mean, the Orokin seem to have a thing about courting karmic retribution, We don't seem to have armor built around our selves except the transference chair. The warframes themselves seem to be more or less lobotomized infested for the most part. I believe that we are combining what many in the setting where told versus the situation: the warframes were an attempt at making individuals into infested bio-weapons and the powers they display are part of those mutations. We can use void transference to control infested at least at close distance without specialized gear, like the Transference pods in the Reservoir or the Transference Chamber. The warframes themselves are made from blueprints made from the original infested hosts taking on characteristics of the host but ideally without the host intelligence for better void puppetry.

Nailed it

And the Second dream quest hinted at maybe the possibility the war-frame itself tried to save you(or you closed ranged controlled it maybe?), it may just be  tamed infested that has been molded after being a puppet so long. there may indeed be a deeper relationship with our war frames

It hit me while I was thinking about how anticlimactic it is to have an infestation on our ship, cus we run through that stuff like grass on a spring day.....

Then it hits me...the Question:

Are WE (Tenno) Immune to the Infestation, or are our WARFRAMES Immune to it?

two very different questions, with two Very different answers, and two VERY different consequences.....especially since its RIGHT DOWN THE HALLWAY......

Need Infested Exterminators STAT!!

1 minute ago, CadenFall said:

Yes we are immune. During infested missions, your own operator even says that "we" are the only ones who cant be infected. Does "we" mean the tenno or the warframe? I don't know but we obviously don't fear it.

I think when he refers to "we" in a mission, I highly doubt he means one or the other.

I think it's both the operator and the warframe.

3 minutes ago, DakotaStorm said:

It's a teaser, nothing more. 

It's there to tease/irritate is players, not an active part of storyline or quest. Until the storyline for it is released just ignore it.

Oh I know.  Just a bit of lighthearted dark humor in the morning.  :P