Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

Same topic as always: can we have our tennogen without prime parts interrupting with it? Like Rhino Prime shoulders, also i believe there are huge issues with Nova and some others...

I want to replay Second Dream and play The War Within at the maximum fashion possible, but unwanted prime details are something that bothers me a lot.

Can we expect this to be changed for TWW or at least get an answer if this is even possible?

2 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Same topic as always: can we have our tennogen without prime parts interrupting with it? Like Rhino Prime shoulders, also i believe there are huge issues with Nova and some others...

I want to replay Second Dream and play The War Within at the maximum fashion possible, but unwanted prime details are something that bothers me a lot.

Can we expect this to be changed for TWW or at least get an answer if this is even possible?

The devs are currently running around their offices with their hair on fire due to TWW's deadline. You can expect exactly 0% will be done on this topic until after TWW is out on both PC and console.

15 hours ago, Insizer said:

The devs are currently running around their offices with their hair on fire due to TWW's deadline. You can expect exactly 0% will be done on this topic until after TWW is out on both PC and console.

Damn it.

Also i didn't noticed how i got merged into this thread.

Well, 10 pages of people talking about the same issues should be enough for them to do something about this later right?

I really want my Graxx Rhino to be at full display during cutscenes, primed shoulders really don't look on him because the color shading is different not to mention that they cover awesome energy-holes.

7 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Damn it.

Also i didn't noticed how i got merged into this thread.

Well, 10 pages of people talking about the same issues should be enough for them to do something about this later right?

I really want my Graxx Rhino to be at full display during cutscenes, primed shoulders really don't look on him because the color shading is different not to mention that they cover awesome energy-holes.

I also didn't know that there was a megathread. Considering that there is a megathread, you expect that at some point the devs will at least talk about this.

Graxx Skins. Honestly my most fav of the skins. I love grineer stuff.

That being said i really think when i apply it it should use the non prime shape for it. All the gold bits throw it off and the primes are generally a bit better then the normals when you get them.

DE please make them use the non primes? I'm looking forward to Graxx Trinity and i like the changes to normal trinity. Must i gimp myself for fashion frame?

• 2 weeks later...

WOOOOCHOOO i find another problem with tennogen skin on Prime....

Firs normal TennoGen.

Spoiler

8GJKoRU.jpg

FuDzWKn.jpg

AND  Prime

Spoiler

RCwxToP.jpg

0Z7Oc40.jpg

I was very happy that I could spend 7euro on broken skinn. Thank you ....

PS:  for [DE]   Repair this skins because looks like Cr.....

DD03B627C20B1CADA75B9FDC477DC039B30F97ED

4894EE3F6F82575EF7FC38804344ABD29F7A8151

This-is-not-fine.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.png

It left me quite distressed when I found out that certain Prime meshes conflict with Tennogen textures as opposed to replacing the model with the standard model like with Prime Weapons.  DE, if you ever see this post, it would be greatly appreciated if this issue.  I usually sell a warframe once their prime counterpart comes out, and it'd pain me choose between selling a frame and losing its cosmetic value or keeping it and using up a slot for a future warframe release.

We need a option or something to switch prime and non prime looks for warframes or just disable the prime ones ornaments/extra armor while using the tennogen skins

here's a example of it with the latest prime frame Valkyr

Default Valkyr
H2YhrQG.jpg

Valkyr Prime
GU1J2Ah.jpg

as you can see is the same skin but yet it doesnt show/apply properly
this happens with most if not all prime warframes,please fix

1 minute ago, Hildr said:

Yeah, still waiting (a few months,maybe even more) for the fix/option to disable prime variant while using Tennogen skins etc.

Well, we can only spam it in every update thread and hope DE will do something soon. Fashionframe is THE endgame.

The amount of people that assume that a Skin, which only changes the Textures of a Model, suddenly makes a Prime Frame look non-Prime...just how. why.

You could just, you know, use the non-Prime Frame. Like i legit don't understand it. I think i have 90% of the Tennogen stuff, and never did i even notice this or see it as a bad thing. That's just how Skins work. What's a bigger issue for me is the looks of some skins that are a bit older. Volt Prime, Excal Immortal, Excal Proto, etc. They could need a rework.

Didn't want to come out rude, i just legit dont get it, lol.

On 29/11/2016 at 2:46 PM, Extroah said:

The amount of people that assume that a Skin, which only changes the Textures of a Model, suddenly makes a Prime Frame look non-Prime...just how. why.

You could just, you know, use the non-Prime Frame. Like i legit don't understand it. I think i have 90% of the Tennogen stuff, and never did i even notice this or see it as a bad thing. That's just how Skins work. What's a bigger issue for me is the looks of some skins that are a bit older. Volt Prime, Excal Immortal, Excal Proto, etc. They could need a rework.

Didn't want to come out rude, i just legit dont get it, lol.

You should just go and take a better look at those skins you bought because the best and most expensive of them are not retextures, but completely new models like the Deluxe skins which don't have this problem.

This only serves to prove that it is only an oversight or the result of time constraints. Since the system is already in place, why Tennogen models should be treated differently than Premium models I wonder?

Edited by lukaself

15 hours ago, lukaself said:

You should just go and take a better look at those skins you bought because the best and most expensive of them are not retextures, but completely new models like the Deluxe skins which don't have this problem.

This only serves to prove that it is only an oversight or the result of time constraints. Since the system is already in place, why Tennogen models should be treated differently than Premium models I wonder?

Nope, all tennogen Skins are just that, Skins. They don't come with new Models (well, except Helmets). Only Delixe Skins come with new Models, and alt Skins made by DE. So why do people think that if you change the Skin (change the texture) the Model will change aswell? Doesn't make sense.

And they are treated differently because those are made by DE, the others aren't. DE's Models are made to work as good as possible with the Game (Skeletons, Animations, etc) while other Models might not be, so DE would have way more work adjusting every Model to work as good as they can. They have the same Problems already with Syandanas as they require a certain topology/mesh in order for the physics to apply correctly, and some don't know that apparently.

Also i prefer it that way. If tennogen artists were to be able to change the Frames Model aswell, just imagine how some would destroy a Frames uniqueness. There's already an Excalibur Skin+Helmet from tennogen that makes him look like Ash (Caduto. No offense, i like it and i bought it <3) now imagine how that COULD look like if he were to change the Model. See what i mean? This just wouldn't work out.

10 hours ago, Extroah said:

Nope, all tennogen Skins are just that, Skins. They don't come with new Models (well, except Helmets). Only Deluxe Skins come with new Models, and alt Skins made by DE. So why do people think that if you change the Skin (change the texture) the Model will change aswell? Doesn't make sense.

And they are treated differently because those are made by DE, the others aren't. DE's Models are made to work as good as possible with the Game (Skeletons, Animations, etc) while other Models might not be, so DE would have way more work adjusting every Model to work as good as they can. They have the same Problems already with Syandanas as they require a certain topology/mesh in order for the physics to apply correctly, and some don't know that apparently.

Also i prefer it that way. If tennogen artists were to be able to change the Frames Model aswell, just imagine how some would destroy a Frames uniqueness. There's already an Excalibur Skin+Helmet from tennogen that makes him look like Ash (Caduto. No offense, i like it and i bought it <3) now imagine how that COULD look like if he were to change the Model. See what i mean? This just wouldn't work out.

Ok, so artist shouldnt make new models, thats why we shouldnt get the choice to make prime frames look like nonprime. I dont follow you logic. The sole reason this thread exist is to give us the choice between prime and normal model when we apply non Deluxe skins. You making it about giving artists too much freedom to change frames model is frankly dishonest. So why allow Tennogen in the first place if you care about the character of the frame? And Deluxe skins? They all change the character of the frame, hell, even the diffrent color choices change it. And remember, its not solely community choice which item is accepted into the game, it all goes through DE. If they decide that some model is too far it wont go to the game.

And DE allowed all the skins that got into the game, that means that they approve them. Punishing the community for choosing to play prime frame instead of non prime by making prime details hide parts of the skin is very, very unfair to the playerbase and unprofitable for DE in the long run. They force us to choose between prime acces and Tennogen.

17 hours ago, Xardis said:

And DE allowed all the skins that got into the game, that means that they approve them. Punishing the community for choosing to play prime frame instead of non prime by making prime details hide parts of the skin is very, very unfair to the playerbase and unprofitable for DE in the long run. They force us to choose between prime acces and Tennogen.

Can only say WTH to this. As i said, i almost have all Tennogen Items (minus Grineer and Infested themed) and the thought of that didn't even cross my Mind. Maybe because i'm a 3D-Artist and i know that Skins that don't come with their own Models will only change the Textures, therefore having Prime Accents on the Skin which wouldn't be there on a non Prime Frame (duuuuuuuh).   They are NOT forcing you to do anything. If you have SUCH a big Problem with it, play the non-Prime Frame. I mean, if they ever decide to add in an option to switch between that, meh, i wouldn't have a problem with it as i wouldn't use it, ever. But i doubt it. Prime Frame is Prime Frame, it's not a regular Frame, therefore i doubt that they'll add that.

On 02/12/2016 at 9:19 AM, Extroah said:

Nope, all tennogen Skins are just that, Skins. They don't come with new Models (well, except Helmets). Only Delixe Skins come with new Models, and alt Skins made by DE. So why do people think that if you change the Skin (change the texture) the Model will change aswell? Doesn't make sense.

So all tennogen skins are not remodels, except when they are... yeaaaah uh. ok. Excuse me if I don't take what you say too seriously from now on.

We're just asking for a feature that won't change your own experience in one way or another, so please chill with the patronizing tone, you make it look like we killed your parents or something.

We already have several cosmetic toggles in the settings so it's not like it's unprecedented.

6 hours ago, Extroah said:

Can only say WTH to this. As i said, i almost have all Tennogen Items (minus Grineer and Infested themed) and the thought of that didn't even cross my Mind. Maybe because i'm a 3D-Artist and i know that Skins that don't come with their own Models will only change the Textures, therefore having Prime Accents on the Skin which wouldn't be there on a non Prime Frame (duuuuuuuh).   They are NOT forcing you to do anything. If you have SUCH a big Problem with it, play the non-Prime Frame. I mean, if they ever decide to add in an option to switch between that, meh, i wouldn't have a problem with it as i wouldn't use it, ever. But i doubt it. Prime Frame is Prime Frame, it's not a regular Frame, therefore i doubt that they'll add that.

OK, so you do not understatnd what I mean. Now Tennogen skins for frames are applied on its model - if its normal, no problem, if prime, its on the prime model. What I and big chunk of people here want is to give us a choice to change model on Prime frames. We already can use normal helmets instead of primes on prime frames. Its not the exact equivelent but it still aplies.

"They are NOT forcing you to do anything. If you have SUCH a big Problem with it, play the non-Prime Frame." Exept they do, name one reason from gameplay perspective to why I should use Volt over Volt Prime. There is none.

"I mean, if they ever decide to add in an option to switch between that, meh, i wouldn't have a problem with it as i wouldn't use it, ever." Ok, good for you. 

"I doubt it. Prime Frame is Prime Frame, it's not a regular Frame, therefore i doubt that they'll add that." This isnt a new frame we are asking to do, this isnt a completly new tileset, or quest. Its reuseing existing model. Ok, you might doubt that this will pass, but do not activly work against it since you already conceded that you wouldnt have a problem with it existing. There are still those who would like it and since its not as major feature, we, as in people who would like it, make a request to DE for this feature.

Edited by Xardis

3 hours ago, Xardis said:

OK, so you do not understatnd what I mean. Now Tennogen skins for frames are applied on its model - if its normal, no problem, if prime, its on the prime model. What I and big chunk of people here want is to give us a choice to change model on Prime frames. We already can use normal helmets instead of primes on prime frames. Its not the exact equivelent but it still aplies.

"They are NOT forcing you to do anything. If you have SUCH a big Problem with it, play the non-Prime Frame." Exept they do, name one reason from gameplay perspective to why I should use Volt over Volt Prime. There is none.

"I mean, if they ever decide to add in an option to switch between that, meh, i wouldn't have a problem with it as i wouldn't use it, ever." Ok, good for you. 

"I doubt it. Prime Frame is Prime Frame, it's not a regular Frame, therefore i doubt that they'll add that." This isnt a new frame we are asking to do, this isnt a completly new tileset, or quest. Its reuseing existing model. Ok, you might doubt that this will pass, but do not activly work against it since you already conceded that you wouldnt have a problem with it existing. There are still those who would like it and since its not as major feature, we, as in people who would like it, make a request to DE for this feature.

Not going to rally against it or anything. If it makes people happy then yeah, more power to them. I just can't see it going into the game for said reasons, that's all. :)

Seriously, this is getting a bit silly.  There are a number of Tennogen warframe skins I would've bought by now if they weren't practically ruined on prime frames, bits of gold and shiny surfacing awkwardly stuck on top of an entirely different aesthetic.  I badly want to support Tennogen, particularly given these are awesome skins that I want to use ingame, but people who have prime frames can't be realistically expected to waste a slot, reactor, and forma on duplicate warframes just to use a skin that they paid for.  Valkyr Prime is particularly bad - I love her to death but the front of her torso has basically been completely resurfaced.

roOSwDu.jpg